Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hameed Style Custom Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 06:03 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice I love the sound on Hameeds car. Hey Hameed, you should patent the idea
Old 05-16-06, 06:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Very nice I love the sound on Hameeds car. Hey Hameed, you should patent the idea
Two other guys on here beat me to that exhaust setup - LMSGuy and DX3!
Old 05-16-06, 07:10 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Sounds like a good plan to me!

Are you sure you have a third cat? My didn't have a third cat.
LOL - how did you get all the credit for this I thought I was the first to redo the GS exhaust this way!!! I thought I gave you the idea!!

JK man,

Jonny

Edit - Just as I post this you posted above
Old 05-16-06, 08:19 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THat is going to be a mean exhaust. Cant wait to see and hear the final product
Old 05-16-06, 09:12 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Dx3
LOL - how did you get all the credit for this I thought I was the first to redo the GS exhaust this way!!! I thought I gave you the idea!!
Actually I got the idea first from RRocket and then LMSGuy did the install on his car. After that you did yours and by then my car was out of storage, so I did mine. Your install helped to convince me it was worth it as LMSGuy did not post up any audio clips of his car.
Old 07-26-06, 04:37 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally completed my Hameed/Dx3/jbrady style X-pipe mid-pipe set-up today! It took much longer than I expected to find someone willing to do the job right ( since I did, in fact, have a third cat ).

The guys ( with my supervision recommending cut lines and configurations ) did a superb job. I could not be more pleased with the finished product. The car has a deeper, throatier sound, mainly noticeable when I get on it. There really is not too much difference when I'm just cruising. Sorry for the tease, since I have no pics at the moment ( did not want to push my luck at the shop - they were reluctant to even do the job ). The car definitely picked-up a few more ponies from this mod and together with the headers there is no question that this is the best mod combo i've done for the engine. Much better breathing.....

I'll try to snap some pics this weekend, cause I'm a little burned out from getting under the car so much lately ( headers, brakes, etc. ) Maybe a sound track to follow. Much props to Hameed, Dx3 and jbrady!
Old 07-26-06, 05:56 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Well, I finally completed my Hameed/Dx3/jbrady style X-pipe mid-pipe set-up today! It took much longer than I expected to find someone willing to do the job right ( since I did, in fact, have a third cat ).

The guys ( with my supervision recommending cut lines and configurations ) did a superb job. I could not be more pleased with the finished product. The car has a deeper, throatier sound, mainly noticeable when I get on it. There really is not too much difference when I'm just cruising. Sorry for the tease, since I have no pics at the moment ( did not want to push my luck at the shop - they were reluctant to even do the job ). The car definitely picked-up a few more ponies from this mod and together with the headers there is no question that this is the best mod combo i've done for the engine. Much better breathing.....

I'll try to snap some pics this weekend, cause I'm a little burned out from getting under the car so much lately ( headers, brakes, etc. ) Maybe a sound track to follow. Much props to Hameed, Dx3 and jbrady!
I did mine last week. Also picked up power. But I have no cats now, it's pretty free flowing..
Old 07-26-06, 08:17 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hollywood
I did mine last week. Also picked up power. But I have no cats now, it's pretty free flowing..
Ya, I still have my two cats off the headers, but not the third cat anymore. So Hollywood, what's your take on the header/custom pipe combo? I, myself, am very pleased with the gains I'm getting with the S&S headers and my custom 2.25 mid-pipe to x pipe set-up.
Old 07-27-06, 06:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You finally got it done!!! Please post up some pics and a video so that we can hear it! I am very curious to hear how different/similar it sounds compared to mine with the L-tuned mufflers.

Are you planning on dynoing the car soon? I plan to do mine sometime in August as I am dying to know how much HP this setup added to my car. Next year I hope to do the header mod.
Old 08-02-06, 01:01 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Here's one pic ( lousy cell phone picture ) of my custom mid-pipe. Just a reminder, I used 304L stainless steel piping, flanges and a 409 stainless steel Magnaflow X -pipe. I replaced the OEM mid-pipe from the cats ( off the headers ) to the resonators of my Carson Tuned Exhaust. 2.25" pipe from cats to the entrance of the x-pipe, then 2.5" pipe from exit of x-pipe to the resonators ( the Carson Tuned cat back exhaust is 2.5" diameter ). As stated, not very noticeable during cruising, but you can tell when I'm gettin' with it - a deeper, more volumnous V8 sound. Maybe I should have cut the Carson Tuned resonators out, too.

The guy in the picture is the one who did the fabrication.
Attached Thumbnails Hameed Style Custom Exhaust-mid-pipe-2.jpg  
Old 10-01-06, 06:32 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I had the full exhaust off recently, so I snapped a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Hameed Style Custom Exhaust-mid-pipe.jpg  
Old 10-01-06, 07:44 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Looks very nice TeeLex!

Now I wonder how it would sound if the resonators were removed?
Old 10-01-06, 01:50 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

I had the full exhaust off recently, so I snapped a pic.

Looks great, so what is the laundry list of parts to make this happen
Old 10-02-06, 06:18 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

See the first post of this thread for the list. I would recommend paying attention to the two flanges, especially. I had to really look for the flanges because of the bolt hole distance - I would try and get 2.375" diameter openings with a 4.25" bolt hole center ( distance between the bolt hole centers ). This allows the 2.25" tubing to slip in ( maybe with some minor flaring ) and also would allow the catylitic converter 'lip' to slip in the flange for better sealing. If you can duplicate the original flange ( or even use the original flange ) you'll have the best sealed set-up ( the original flange has a groove machined in to allow for the 'crush' seal gasket - as does the cat flange ). I can help direct you to the suppliers I purchased the tubing from.
Old 10-02-06, 08:14 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

See the first post of this thread for the list. I would recommend paying attention to the two flanges, especially. I had to really look for the flanges because of the bolt hole distance - I would try and get 2.375" diameter openings with a 4.25" bolt hole center ( distance between the bolt hole centers ). This allows the 2.25" tubing to slip in ( maybe with some minor flaring ) and also would allow the catylitic converter 'lip' to slip in the flange for better sealing. If you can duplicate the original flange ( or even use the original flange ) you'll have the best sealed set-up ( the original flange has a groove machined in to allow for the 'crush' seal gasket - as does the cat flange ). I can help direct you to the suppliers I purchased the tubing from.
Sounds good, thank you for the tips, I am going to go everything first and then start up getting all the parts together

Quick Reply: Hameed Style Custom Exhaust