Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Exhaust Installed - 1st impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 08:08 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is going to be a real dumb question..

The pictures didn't work for me and I want the Tanabe exhaust for my car.

Is it just axle back exhaust (just mufflers) or a full exhaust system? I really would like a purr from my car too, but nothing too obnoxious, and from your review I really want them even more.
Old 01-29-07, 08:36 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

im the same way , i dont want a loud anoying noise but a nice deep tone would be nice .
Old 01-29-07, 09:17 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I know this is going to be a real dumb question..

The pictures didn't work for me and I want the Tanabe exhaust for my car.

Is it just axle back exhaust (just mufflers) or a full exhaust system? I really would like a purr from my car too, but nothing too obnoxious, and from your review I really want them even more.
it is just an axle back
Old 01-29-07, 09:31 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I've yet to hear another exhaust that I like better than the Tanabe. One of the main reasons I like it so much is that is brings together all of the aspects of sound that I wanted from an exhaust - it has a great deep tone at low RPM, and it's only there when I WANT to hear it. Under normal driving, it's truly as luxurious as a Lexus should be When you do some "sportier" driving then it becomes very much noticeable (in a good way). While removing the cats and going straight pipe like others have done would probably produce a bit more gain, I'm sure a lot of others are like me and wouldn't want to deal with the constant drone. The Tanabe does not drone, and that was a huge deal with me.

Javier
Old 01-29-07, 10:01 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I've yet to hear another exhaust that I like better than the Tanabe. One of the main reasons I like it so much is that is brings together all of the aspects of sound that I wanted from an exhaust - it has a great deep tone at low RPM, and it's only there when I WANT to hear it. Under normal driving, it's truly as luxurious as a Lexus should be When you do some "sportier" driving then it becomes very much noticeable (in a good way). While removing the cats and going straight pipe like others have done would probably produce a bit more gain, I'm sure a lot of others are like me and wouldn't want to deal with the constant drone. The Tanabe does not drone, and that was a huge deal with me.

Javier
comments like this is why im really glad I went with the Tanabe
Old 01-29-07, 10:10 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

I honestly never thought I would be this happy with this exhaust. I have always been against them but since the stock one was dead I just wanted alittle tone to it and Tanabe has to be the best buy and pick. Also they have great customer service, I believe any company that takes the TIME and listens to there customers and replies promptly is a company I could do business with for several years to come.
Old 01-30-07, 01:55 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

After all the comments I have read I am glad I went with the tanabe. I cant wait to get it. I was told I should be getting it during the 1st week of feb. Am sure my comment about it will be positive also. Ill keep you guys posted as soon as I get it installed.