Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 11:07 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updates..... Well, I put in the Aristo LSD the other day. Not a bad install except for the end. Let me explain, so anyone doing this can be prepared. The differential for the Aristo bolts right in. It is the same as the twin turbo supra one. I bolted the driveshaft back in and drove the car. It was grinding. I put it back on the lift and noticed that the bracket in the middle of the driveshaft was a little different than the stock one. So, the driveshaft was not properly level, hence the grinding. Took off the driveshaft again and decided to remove the bearing from the stock one and use the stock bracket on the Aristo shaft. What a pain in the *** taking off that bearing. Anyway, got it off and switched the brackets. If you plan on doing this, go buy a new bearing kit from toyota before the install. It was late and I had to reuse the old bearing seals. Put it back in and no more grinding. And now both wheels are spinning. I am installing a HKS DLI and AEM boost gauge tomorrow. And some dyno tuning. Hope all goes well, I will post some pics.
Old 10-09-06, 11:13 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you wonna do a swap for me???
Old 10-12-06, 01:21 PM
g099521
Driver School Candidate

I am goin' to use the auto tranny as well and was wondering if you have the pinout info for the 3rd plug coming from the engine harness. The one I have is from a JZS147 and we've got the wiring figured out, 'cept for the tranny ones shown here.... I have the wire colors, but not the detail of what each is for...

http://ibconceptions.com/supra/2jz/2...npinout224.jpg

Basically the pins marked "trans." Do you know specifically what they're for? Like if for gear selection (PRNDL, Overdrive, etc)?

The pins and wire colors are....

#6 = Blue/red
#7 = Blue/yellow
#34 = Green/white
#35 = Green/yellow
#36 = Red/black
#37 = Red/blue
#44 = green/red
#45 = Green/orange
#46 = Green/black
#54 = Black/blue
#55 = Black/white

Thanx in advance...good job on your swap!
Old 10-19-06, 03:55 PM
ocd
Rookie

O.K., I'm back and the problem still exists. I got a 2JZ-GT ecu from MKIV98 (thanks!) from the supra forums. I think it is the wrong one. It appears to have an immobilizer circuit just like the stock ecu. From the pics I've seen and the information I've gathered, I'm pretty sure I need an ecu like the one pictured on the right below.

ECU on the left is 89666-30180 and the one on the right is 89661-3A470. I think maybe Toyota Japan put immobilizers in the later model Aristos. Anyone agree/disagree? The GE ecu works. The car is a 1998. I don't want to run the EMU until the car is single'd. Just treading water over here

Last edited by ocd; 10-20-06 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-19-06, 05:30 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that ecu on the left is from a UK VVTI Supra.
Old 10-19-06, 08:13 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Mikal, My ecu in the car right now looks like the one on the right. I'll take a pic tomorrow of it. My harness has the plug but the ecu has no inlet like the pic. I don't know what that plug is for but I want to say it has something to do with the vsc. ?? That is the only thing he couldn't wire. Is your engine the VVT-i. Also, open up the ecu and look for damage on the circuit board.
Old 10-19-06, 09:21 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BurgandyGS
Mikal, My ecu in the car right now looks like the one on the right. I'll take a pic tomorrow of it. My harness has the plug but the ecu has no inlet like the pic. I don't know what that plug is for but I want to say it has something to do with the vsc. ?? That is the only thing he couldn't wire. Is your engine the VVT-i. Also, open up the ecu and look for damage on the circuit board.

Burgandy, I think you are mistaking me for OCD. lol

I also have the ECU on the right. And just like you, my harness have that gray plug on it also for some reason (we might have the UK vvti harness probably)

My swap is on hold right now. Waiting for the JDM 2jz-gte VVTI maf to come in from japan. If for some reason anybody else is looking for one.
It's Toyota Part# 22204 46010 and can be ordered through carson toyota.
Old 10-20-06, 08:26 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikal
Burgandy, I think you are mistaking me for OCD. lol

I also have the ECU on the right. And just like you, my harness have that gray plug on it also for some reason (we might have the UK vvti harness probably)

My swap is on hold right now. Waiting for the JDM 2jz-gte VVTI maf to come in from japan. If for some reason anybody else is looking for one.
It's Toyota Part# 22204 46010 and can be ordered through carson toyota.
I used the MAF sensor from my gs300 with a slightly larger diamiter intake pipe from EBay and it works great. did you try the GS300 MAF.

Ben
Old 10-20-06, 10:10 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Burton
I used the MAF sensor from my gs300 with a slightly larger diamiter intake pipe from EBay and it works great. did you try the GS300 MAF.

Ben

Yup, no luck with it. Tried it on a 2.5" tube and a 3" tube. Extremely rich. Smell of raw gas fumes were really strong while firing up. Fires up, chokes then dies.

Everything checked out fine on my motor. Calls were made and was told by a japanese tuner that I need to get the jdm 2jz-gte vvti maf sensor. They encountered the same problem using the GS300 maf on their previous project.

I have no clue what you did differently and how you got that gs300 maf to work.

Also, did you switch out the igniter? GS300 igniter is fine right?
Old 10-20-06, 10:16 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikal
Yup, no luck with it. Tried it on a 2.5" tube and a 3" tube. Extremely rich. Smell of raw gas fumes were really strong while firing up. Fires up, chokes then dies.

Everything checked out fine on my motor. Calls were made and was told by a japanese tuner that I need to get the jdm 2jz-gte vvti maf sensor. They encountered the same problem using the GS300 maf on their previous project.

I have no clue what you did differently and how you got that gs300 maf to work.

Also, did you switch out the igniter? GS300 igniter is fine right?
Mike, AIM me.... let me call my friend (who tuned my GS) to see if he got time to check out your ride. Post some pics !! heehee.

JAY
Old 10-20-06, 11:46 AM
ocd
Rookie

I too am using the GS300 MAF. I wonder if this is part of the problem of the engine not starting.

What's the "vsc"?
Old 10-20-06, 12:09 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Traction control or Vehicle Skid Control
Old 10-21-06, 03:32 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Well I'm not using my MAF. Mines sitting in the garage. Didn't know you guys needed one so bad.... I took off the maf so I could raise the boost and adjust fuel with a piggy-back. When I first hooked up the engine, i used the maf for a little while. I believe it was running rich. But with the single turbo, it wasn't breathing like it should. I couldn't get enough air in that small pipe. Plus after I let off the throttle, it would blow air back into the maf and it would stall.
Old 10-21-06, 03:36 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

I also used the stock igniter. I have the aristo igniter in my garage as well. I don't know if you guys have an LSD rear but I suggest you get one. It hooks a lot better.
Old 10-21-06, 07:41 PM
Burton
Pole Position

The ignighters have the exact same part number if I remember correctly. All I did was add the missing wire to the harnes at the ignighter to make the tach work.

Ben

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion