Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 03:24 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how's the car running? hows it running w/ high boost? pls update us!
Old 03-22-07, 03:38 PM
ocd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dex Lex update.

Well the car came back for service today and a boost gauge. Dex changed out the stocker plugs for Denso iridiums and the hesitation problem is gone. The car rips! Sideways and all that RWD fun stuff.

One issue: Ocassionally on start up, the engine revs very high(~3000 RPM). It won't change unless you shut it off/turn it on several times. Then it finally revs normal ~ 750-850 RPM. Any ideas?

Last edited by ocd; 03-22-07 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-23-07, 10:15 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

i had the same problem on my supra. the iac kinda sticks, and i had to shut the car off for a few minutes for it to reset. after that though it worked fine.
Old 03-23-07, 11:59 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UptownGS
well actually lets take a look at the Supra's profile shot. I mean I'm not baller enough to go thru wind tunnel runs but I can take an educated enough eyeball guess. I understand most consider the Supra a lift back but if you look at the rear profile of the vehicle you can see where there will be alot of lift. Just take the top of the roofline and measure how much the roofline swoops down to the rear. The swooping roofline down the rear is enough to make you wanna slap yo mama! haha ok but serious.....

The supra is actually one of the instances where a spoiler actually works very well from a design stand point. On an aircraft a wing is used to create lift. On a car if you flip it you would create neg lift. So its really about the design and angle of the wing. Most cars won't ever really test the cars limits at speeds where they'd need a spoiler so I think thats where alot of people reach their misconceptions about wings and rice. That and there's this total bandwagon about rice and all things involved w/ rice as being automatically null and void.

w/ the stock roof level wing you get 66lbs of downforce at 90mph. Now think of most Supra's owners.... 90mph isn't much at all for a Supra owner. As you are reaching top speeds down the track would you be willing to trade 2-3 mph and a bit more drag for upwards of 200 more lbs of stability. So basically what you are looking for is the best comprimise of downforce vs drag. And for most of us we even factor in the pure aesthetics of it. Most people who try and knock it right off the bat really have no clue. They are adding on countless mods that serve them no use for their purposes but hey... to each their own.

And then you have some weirdo's out there who just might panel the bottom side smooth and get wider tires!
The supra looks much cleaner without the wing. Isn't there any larger longtail lip spoiler that also gives out just as much downforce as a wing?
Old 03-25-07, 12:27 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Going HKS F-Con soon. I will update. This unit seems to be flawless and works great with our cars. Or any OBD2 cars for that matter. Piggy-back units will never work great... They will work, but the relearning issues are very fustrating.
Old 03-25-07, 06:28 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

who will be tunning the fcon for you, if you dont mind me asking?
Old 03-27-07, 08:31 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

My buddy at Manic Tech Racing knows the tuner from GA. I forget the name of the shop. He's coming down.
Old 03-28-07, 06:25 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you have better luck with your tune than I did down there... Hopefully the guy coming down from GA knows what he's doing..
Old 05-22-07, 12:25 AM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So for those that are running the Aristo vvti ECU. Did your body harness ECU plugs plug right in as well?

I'm trying to do an Aristo swap on my '02 IS300. The body harness ECU plugs are completely different and I don't have the pinout for the Aristo harness on for the body side.. I also have an Aristo ECU w/ immobilizer so that is not an option unless I can source a non-immobilizer Aristo ECU.
Old 05-22-07, 08:56 AM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone know what this VSV is for on the manifold? It controls flow between the manifold to the nipple on the other side of the manifold to ???

Old 05-22-07, 01:39 PM
SGMh
Rookie

Burgandy, Any update on the F-Con yet?
Old 05-22-07, 03:55 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I hope you have better luck with your tune than I did down there... Hopefully the guy coming down from GA knows what he's doing..
Are you F-con Vpro Blue?
Old 05-22-07, 04:32 PM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

i believe hes running f con vpro gold.
Old 05-22-07, 06:30 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
Are you F-con Vpro Blue?
No, I'm running a s-afc2 for now. I'm still enjoying mu US spec twins.. I just had a horrible time with that shop. I don't like to trash anyone so I never posted about it but lets just say I wouldn't step one foot anywhere near MTR again...I was just wishing Burgandygs good luck...
Old 05-25-07, 11:15 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluelex
No, I'm running a s-afc2 for now. I'm still enjoying mu US spec twins.. I just had a horrible time with that shop. I don't like to trash anyone so I never posted about it but lets just say I wouldn't step one foot anywhere near MTR again...I was just wishing Burgandygs good luck...
I heard your car was running a lot better than before. I guess that's not the case?? I don't know what happened with your car but sorry to hear that. I ordered the harness and should be here in a week. The unit will be installed soon.

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion