Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 04:15 PM
Jasonrsxdc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys new here, been reading through this thread for the last 2 weeks at least haha
i traded my rsx for a 99 gs300 on bags
sold my 24k wheels from the rsx and picked up a 2jz gte vvti

i also got new timing belt, water pump, got an throttle cable, and intake from drift motion( which i found out the intake doest have a maf port anywhere)

autobahn88 hasnt been answering my emails so idk where to get a fmic

and the swap didnt come with the front half of a drive shaft.........so my question is WHERE AND WHAT CAN I GET to connect the aristo 4 speed to my gs drive shaft?????????????????????????????

i have been doing much research and have googled and ebay'ed countless hours......... what do i need where do i get it????
Old 01-21-13, 07:48 AM
2003jzs160
Driver School Candidate

Well good luck with that; I know sometimes the full drive shaft becomes available online or through an importer which didn't manage to sell it. This is why it's easier to use the 5 speed the car comes with. I've daily driven my car for over a year now with absolutely no problems with that trans behind my GTE.
Old 01-22-13, 08:09 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

subscribed!
Old 01-28-13, 04:19 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2003jzs160
Well good luck with that; I know sometimes the full drive shaft becomes available online or through an importer which didn't manage to sell it. This is why it's easier to use the 5 speed the car comes with. I've daily driven my car for over a year now with absolutely no problems with that trans behind my GTE.

Whoa whoa whoa, since when. Every query on here about the using the 5 speed with the vvti GTE, gets the answer that you cannot use the 5 speed. If I can in fact use the 5 speed, I'll be selling my 4 speed with the drive shaft in the near future.
Old 02-04-13, 07:09 AM
2003jzs160
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by fromxtor
Whoa whoa whoa, since when. Every query on here about the using the 5 speed with the vvti GTE, gets the answer that you cannot use the 5 speed. If I can in fact use the 5 speed, I'll be selling my 4 speed with the drive shaft in the near future.
I have a 03 model with e shift and wanted to keep that function. If you're swapping the whole motor and trany together with factory turbos the you need to run the Aristo ecu. Where as if you actually build your motor with an aftermarket turbo set up and a piggy back or parrellel stand alone ecu; you can use the factory GS GE wiring harness and use the factory ecu. This allows you to keep the 5 speed and e shift, A/C, gauges, and you don't hack up your cars harness to do it. So in the end you get a GS which runs like stock with a built GTE under the hood. Depending on how good your tuner is; if you run a piggy back you can even run without CEL and maintain factory traction control as well. Plus it passes plug in emissions if you have that. Other wise Boomslang offers patch Harnesses for the Haltech Platinum 2000 stand alone for the 2nd gen GS now and a few others. This swap is a lot easier than people make it out to be. I did it by myself in my driveway when I was 18 so anyone older should be able to get their head around this.
Old 02-04-13, 07:23 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Every aristo ecu has the function to use e- shift as i have seen it work even in a mk3 supra.
Old 02-04-13, 07:57 PM
2003jzs160
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
Every aristo ecu has the function to use e- shift as i have seen it work even in a mk3 supra.
Try wiring it; the factory harness don't match up and it's not exactly easy to get a wire-by-wire diagram. And it's also not just the e-shift, the factory gauge cluster is all run thought that ecu as well. It'd rather plug and play then spend months hopelessly cutting up my car's wiring.

And the point was to get the car to work correctly as a whole not just bits and pieces.

Last edited by 2003jzs160; 02-04-13 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-05-13, 06:11 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

---Quote (Originally by ROPADOPA)---
---End Quote---
Try wiring it genius; the factory harness don't match up and it's not exactly easy to get a wire-by-wire diagram. And it's also not just the e-shift, the factory gauge cluster is all run thought that ecu as well. It'd rather plug and play then spend months hopelessly cutting up my car's wiring.

Oh ya, isn't the Aristo limited to 180kph? So if your cheap wont get your car tuned with a speed cut defender or a piggy back - you spent all that time and money for 112mph - my Explorer can go faster. Or use the GS ecu and with the extra gear you can do 160+, sounds good to me.

Why edit your original post. My Genius comment is well known and your welcome to do what ever you wish to your car.
Old 02-05-13, 07:51 AM
2003jzs160
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Why edit your original post. My Genius comment is well known and your welcome to do what ever you wish to your car. [/QUOTE]

Cool dude, whatever gets you to sleep better at night. And if you were a genius you would know that it's A340e - you might want to edit you tag.
Old 02-05-13, 08:16 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Why edit your original post. My Genius comment is well known and your welcome to do what ever you wish to your car.
Cool dude, whatever gets you to sleep better at night. And if you were a genius you would know that it's A340e - you might want to edit you tag. [/QUOTE]

I have an aristo trans behind my 1uz .
Old 02-05-13, 10:20 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Try wiring it genius; the factory harness don't match up and it's not exactly easy to get a wire-by-wire diagram. And it's also not just the e-shift, the factory gauge cluster is all run thought that ecu as well. It'd rather plug and play then spend months hopelessly cutting up my car's wiring.

And the point was to get the car to work correctly as a whole not just bits and pieces.
Cool dude, whatever gets you to sleep better at night. And if you were a genius you would know that it's A340e - you might want to edit you tag.
I feel you should be giving Ropadopa a bit more respect, I assume you must not know much about him and that he has done many variations of successful 1/2 JZ swaps into different chassis.

The contents of your entire post count shows that you obviously do not know everything either, (none of us do).

No offense intended, but please try to refrain from taking this important swap sticky to where it may get locked.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 02-05-13 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-05-13, 01:50 PM
2003jzs160
Driver School Candidate

Thanks 99 GS3, I didn't know ROPODOPA was such a master builder and Toyota guru. I'm sorry, if I knew I was talking to a legend I wouldn't have ever doubted anything he said, lol. 3 guys with turbo GS's fight with each other on the Internet... haha first world problems.
Old 02-05-13, 02:40 PM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay so after that spat.... Def gonna be Doin this swap in the near future. Just sold off my sc300 and need a new toy so I'll be looking forward to swapping ideas and tech with ya'll. As for this thread... Very helpful. Well it and a few dozen others that I have saved lol.
Old 02-18-13, 10:12 PM
vbieds
Driver

My swap is completed thanks to great posts like this. Thanks to 99 GS3 and Meyagi for their help.
Old 02-26-13, 03:31 PM
fromxtor
Driver School Candidate

I'm glad this thread is getting a bit more attention from more knowledgeable people, I have the Aristo 4 speed and drive shaft along with the transmission computer. I DD my GS and am just looking for whatever bump in power the GTE will give me for now. I have a separate harness thats been modded by tweaked so it should be plug and play.

I would appreciate it if one of you experienced people could let me know if I can still use the 5 speed with my setup, or do I need to use the 4 speed and Aristo drive shaft. Either way its the same amount of work for me.

I've got a few more things to button up, before I swap it in still (timing belt, figuring out the thread pitch on the fuel rail banjo bolt etc). But would like to be able to drop it in smoothly.

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion