Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-06, 09:48 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some goodies : Wideband gauge, Fuel Rail (hand polished by Peter) and 850 Injectors from Precision. Going in soon
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte Conversion-digital-pictures.jpg  
Old 06-29-06, 06:51 PM
ffgarage
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

nice keep us posted !!
Old 07-06-06, 11:23 PM
ranger2339
Driver

Looks great Rudy is the man and MTR will be getting my buisness when i get home..

+1 for your car and MTR.......

Rudy posted about it in SF thats where i first really heard about the 2J into a GS, so now im hooked....
I love your car..

Josh
Old 07-10-06, 07:04 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

Do they have a set price for the GTE swap if you dropped off your GS? Just the basic, no upgrades yet kinda thing.
Old 07-14-06, 10:40 AM
Alexusoftime
Lead Lap

wonder what do u loose out of the swap as in luxury wise? sidairbags? etc? im not sure how the electircal works so im just asking i know u gain power and lots of it but do u loose the other stuff to?
Old 07-14-06, 10:43 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexusoftime
wonder what do u loose out of the swap as in luxury wise? sidairbags? etc? im not sure how the electircal works so im just asking i know u gain power and lots of it but do u loose the other stuff to?
These bad boys dont have side curtain air bags (not my wifes 99 anyway) . But in any case the swap wont have an effect on that cause the SRS has its own ecu. All the climate conrols will work. Im not aware of anything except the Trac or VSC that you would loose. IMHO that sucks anyway. I have heard of a few people being able to retain it on the new models though.
Old 07-14-06, 10:48 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexusoftime

You dont really lose anything if done correctly. well.. maybe the trac control since nobody got it working yet..

The factory GS300 ecu is still in place for the misc controls like factory alarm, transponder, etc.
While the 2jz -gte ecu controls the motor & tranny
Old 07-14-06, 11:38 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

He hit it right on the nose, everything works except the traction control. Don't want it anyway.
Old 07-16-06, 07:43 PM
Jmack83
Driver School Candidate

how is it that the majority of all tuner shops i have spoken to about the full swap talk about loosing all the luxuries? and these are the big shops also
Old 07-16-06, 07:52 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

They might not have experience in that specific department? I'm living proof, traction control is the only thing I don't have. What did they say you would lose??
Old 07-17-06, 06:06 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jmack83
how is it that the majority of all tuner shops i have spoken to about the full swap talk about loosing all the luxuries? and these are the big shops also

They would be WRONG. I have driven my GS with the 2JZ-GTE VVti for over a year and a half now and I love it. I have no problem without having traction controle. I use to bug me that it would always come back on when you turned the car off. There are a couple of other small things that are different but it isn't bad.

The car with the stock VVti ECU will not go over 113 mph without the HKS Speed cut remover

The cruse will not go over 65mph I don't know if the HKS unit will fix this or not.

The OBD2 does not work. I am working on this because this has to work for my car to pass emissions. The toyota diagnostic plug still works with my snap-on scanner.

The car is great it traps at 113mph on pump gas with stock turbos and my mom could get it and drive the car and besides the loud exhaust not know that the car dosn't have the correct motor in it.

Ben
Old 07-17-06, 06:41 AM
punch10
Driver

How do you tell the difference between a Supra 2JZGTE VVTI and the Aristo 2JZGTE VVTI? There is one available locally without an ecu.
Old 07-17-06, 04:55 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by punch10
How do you tell the difference between a Supra 2JZGTE VVTI and the Aristo 2JZGTE VVTI? There is one available locally without an ecu.
The only difference would be the oil pan and the ecu. I wouldn't get it without the ecu. Unless it's very cheap. Replacing the ecu is like $2000.
Old 07-18-06, 07:58 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to post that I saw this set up in person over the weekend and everything you have a top notch man, Congrats. Wish I could have heard it in action but I had to leave. Will be taking to you soon.
Old 07-19-06, 05:32 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice GS.. Wish i could have seen your car in person on Sunday.. I was there on Saturday.. Looks like alot of hard worked paid off and you have a rare setup... Nice job..

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion