Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-06, 10:24 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SloGS3
So the supra harness will work fine? Thats great news here, looks like im gonna have to break the piggy bank anyway and go for the swap! Thanks!!
The supra harness wont work for the VVTI GTE's... Do more research before you break open that piggy bank..lol

I was gonna hold up on posting pix but here's mine. Isnt done yet.

Old 08-22-06, 10:33 AM
Trashed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is looking good. let me know what kind of power it makes once u get her running!!!!!
Old 08-22-06, 10:34 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Burton
BFH= Big F'in Hamer and you have to do no such thing. I am running stock twins and only had to do some bending of the heater core lines.

Ben
I forgot we were talkin about a VVTi and a 2nd gen. They do fit a little different than a non vvti in a first gen.
Old 08-22-06, 04:33 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikal
The supra harness wont work for the VVTI GTE's... Do more research before you break open that piggy bank..lol

I was gonna hold up on posting pix but here's mine. Isnt done yet.
Where did you get those plug wires I need a set?

Ben
Old 08-22-06, 06:13 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Burton
Where did you get those plug wires I need a set?

Ben

It came with the motor.
Old 08-23-06, 07:22 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SloGS3
My only concern about this swap is the management! I know that there is ways to do it by running both ecus and piggy backs are really not something i like to mess with. I spoke with a few guys from Stage6 here in Jax about this swap, and all they had to say is that its a pain in the neck to get it wired up right, and there is no standalone out for it. AEM only makes the universal kit for it with the harness that has to be custom made, has anybody messed with that before, and is there any other alternative to the ems out there? Im just looking for something that has full capability to tune, and tune right, I cant afford down time in case something goes wrong, it has to be tuned safe. What are the options, what piggy backs do you use, anything would help!
Ivan
Use the ecu from the aristo and it will wire right in if you have the skematic. You don't even have to extend the wiring harness. I'm using a map-ecu from performance motor research. It was only 400 dollars and it eliminates your maf and fuel concerns. My car was running 3 hrs after wirning began. They probably don't have any experience with that setup. Go to a Supra shop if you can.
Old 08-24-06, 02:44 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

the first thing i did on my car was throw the factory ecu out :lol: i knew for the beginning i was using an aem so i had no need for it, besides the fact its kinda ugly right there.

mikal is more than likely right on the supra harness working on a vvti motor. i prolly should have clarified that when i posted which motor i am using. i have the non-vvti gte motor, so it works just fine for me. i got most the wiring done last night and hooked the aem up, powered up first time no problem, just gotta get the exhaust done now.

Last edited by Supraownzu; 08-24-06 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-24-06, 03:10 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

how are you guys running the fuel return line? Modified the original fuel pump hanger? I have an aftermarket hanger on order but dont know when it'll get here.. Would love to get it running for the time being.
Old 08-24-06, 07:49 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikal
how are you guys running the fuel return line? Modified the original fuel pump hanger? I have an aftermarket hanger on order but dont know when it'll get here.. Would love to get it running for the time being.

I actually used the stock dash-6 line as the return and ran a dash-10 line up to the front. I drilled a hole in the hanger and ran a bulkhead through it. Then attached two walbros. What a pain in the ***. I am in the process of having a machine shop make a hanger. I will probably get like ten made and have them for sale. Let me know if your interested. Here's a pic of the hanger.
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-06, 08:08 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Here's the shopping list that I got after researching on the return line.

from summitracing.com

AEI-13109 Fuel Pressure Regulator, 30-70 psi, Clear and Red Anodized, Universal, Each $134.95

EAR-983306ERL Fitting, 90 Degree, Bulkhead Union, -6 AN, Aluminum, Blue, Each $7.50 (Tap to factory fuel pump hanger)

GTR-65123 Fuel Line, Hysunite Rubber, Black, 5/16 in. I.D., 24 in. Length, 50 psi Working Pressure, Each $5.99 (from return to where the factory FPR connected to)

SUM-220647 Fitting, Straight, -6 AN Male to 1/4 in. NPT Male, Aluminum, Blue, Each $2.95 (for the end of fuel rail)

SUM-220687 Fitting, Hose End, 90 Degree, -6 AN Hose to Female -6 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue, Each $12.95 (Bend for hose to aeromotive FPR)

SUM-220690 Fitting, Hose End, Straight, -6 AN Hose to Female -6 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue, Each $4.88 x 4 = $19.52

SUM-220701 Fitting, Hose End, Straight, -6 AN Hose Barb to Female -6 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue, Each $2.95 $2.95 (connects to the bottom of bulkhead for 5/16" hose)

SUM-230610 Hose, Braided Stainless Steel, -6 AN, 10 ft. Length, Each $36.95 (From bulkhead on fuel pump hanger to FPR)

Grand total of $223.76 just to run that damn fuel return w/ aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.

Last edited by mikal; 08-24-06 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-24-06, 10:14 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

save yourself some money and dont get the aluminum racing fittings. just get steel ones, they are about 1/4 the price. besides you dont see them anyway, who cares if they are pretty. get the nice ones for where you can see them at.

i did the same as burgundy with mine, factory line for return, but then i did(2) -6 lines, one for each pump to the new fuel rail.
Old 08-24-06, 10:17 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

couple quick questions. is anyone having problems with their batteries in the factory location??? i didnt want to chance it, so i relocated it to the rear of the car.

also, what the hell are the plug wires for??? so the vvti motors only have 3 coils??? mine has a coil per cylinder.
Old 08-24-06, 11:50 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Supraownzu
couple quick questions. is anyone having problems with their batteries in the factory location??? i didnt want to chance it, so i relocated it to the rear of the car.

also, what the hell are the plug wires for??? so the vvti motors only have 3 coils??? mine has a coil per cylinder.
Yea. Same like the stock gs300's 2jz-ge. Wasted spark i believe?
Old 08-28-06, 12:33 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Supraownzu

I had to buy a smaller battery because of the heat from the piping. I still want to make a heat shield for it.
Old 09-08-06, 03:22 PM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

so...will it be hard to do that swap in a 02' 430?

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion