Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS Exhaust Vs. Tannabe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 12:18 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question for you guys, concerning the sound of the exhaust.

Lets say, for example, I wanted to tone the sound of the exhaust alot more than what it is now.

Would adding 2 more resonators on each pipe do it.

Would adding differnt Tanabe style mulfers at the end do it?

Need some help with this one. Anyone?
Old 07-21-06, 12:33 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by onihc
Adding resonators may help, but that defeats the purpose of purchasing an LMS exhaust. $1200.00 for an exhaust and I still need to improve on it? No thanks.

To this comment:

What is the point of having a custom exhaust? If you cant customize it to your liking?

I personally have in mind what Tone / exhaust note I am looking for, and if that means having to add resonators to a TRUE DUAL exhaust I defiantly don’t mind that.

However, I can see a point that you are trying to make. If you spend money on a product you buy you should not have to modify it. BUT, why then is everyone modifying the Lexus, if it comes "perfect" from the factory. IMO it’s all about personal choice.

I personally have no qualms with the product (if it works for you), but I do know what type of tone I am looking for.

The thing I don’t like about the Tanabe exhaust is that it is not a True Dual exhaust, but I like the tone it produces, I might even consider it a little conservative (Just a Tad Bit). I am looking for something In-between the LMS and the Tanabe exhaust. And what other choice do I have left for now, but to go custom.

In conclusion: What I am looking for

A true DUAL exhaust (LMS exhaust) with the tonal similarities of the TANABE exhaust.

Now the question is can this be done? Would the Tanabe and the LMS mixed together work--if someone could actually get the Welds right?
Old 07-21-06, 01:11 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
To this comment:

What is the point of having a custom exhaust? If you cant customize it to your liking?

I personally have in mind what Tone / exhaust note I am looking for, and if that means having to add resonators to a TRUE DUAL exhaust I defiantly don’t mind that.

However, I can see a point that you are trying to make. If you spend money on a product you buy you should not have to modify it. BUT, why then is everyone modifying the Lexus, if it comes "perfect" from the factory. IMO it’s all about personal choice.
I agree, it's about personal choice. Nothing will be perfect. I just don't like the price of LMS exhaust. It basically is two coffee cans welded to some pipes and cost around 1200.00. If someone needs to mod a complete exhaust, maybe they should have built a custom one from a local muffler shop for less money.

If I offended someone with my statement, I apologize.
Old 07-21-06, 02:52 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by onihc
I agree, it's about personal choice. Nothing will be perfect. I just don't like the price of LMS exhaust. It basically is two coffee cans welded to some pipes and cost around 1200.00. If someone needs to mod a complete exhaust, maybe they should have built a custom one from a local muffler shop for less money.

If I offended someone with my statement, I apologize.

No offence taken here
Old 07-22-06, 09:13 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

?anyone got some hits?