Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS Supercharger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-06, 08:11 PM
dajwilson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony1
If you had the $5,000 plus $500-$1,000 for installation, why didn't you
just get the IS350 from the start?

There are people on this board that want AWD or a manual. We don't all fit the auto tranny genre. If you believe that everybody that buys a 250 doesn't understand the difference in price, then you're crazy. We're aware.
Old 06-12-06, 08:29 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmirk
Well 4.5 lbs should only be making 45-60 at the wheels, which it sounds to be right there (figure 1lb of boost unintercooled boost would =10-15whp.
What are you basing your figures on? The 3.5 liter VQ in the Z/G are putting out ~320-340 rwhp on 5 lbs of boost with an SC. They're putting down 230-240 rwhp stock. The VQ is has a 10.5 v. the 11.8 to one compression ratio on the IS. That could explain some of the difference but not 50% worth.

Last edited by al503; 06-13-06 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-12-06, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowssm
I just ordered my Exhaust from Steve at LMS and got to talking to him about new parts coming out for the IS 350. He said that they have front and rear strut bars coming out, and also the supercharger. He said that the kit makes about 306 to the wheels and is running 4.5 lbs of boost. Also it will be out next month or so and will cost $5000. He say their test vehicle has been run very hard since Feb. and still runs like a champ.

My question is if this kit breaks something on the engine what would that be? How much damage could this do to the car? I am very interested in this and he says many others are also interested in this kit too. I am interested in worse case senario. If something does happen can you just take it off and take it to the Lexus dealer and say something is wrong with my car? Can they tell if you have been running a supercahrger?
the damage? it can cost you greatly. pistons failing, punch through, etc... in any case it's going to be very expensive repair, and you can pretty much forget about warranty as well. and i mean warranty voided for good, forever.

i would do a lot more research and study before i pull out the kind of money for something this dramatic. having a superb good company with good history together with true good mechanics is a must. i am not talking about just daily oil change mechanics, i am talking about real tuners who studies race cars, knows about racing, etc...

that's all i can and will say
Old 06-13-06, 05:08 AM
Frisco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a supercharged Regal GS before my IS350. It was running about 14 to 15 pounds of boost. Most of the failures with these engines was breaking ring lands off the pistons. It was designed with a supercharger on it. With the compression ratios and piston design I would wait until someone comes out with a well sorted out design.
Old 06-13-06, 05:43 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

not to mention youll need many other upgrades to support F/I. Upgraded fuel system upgraded injectors possibly (oh man), upgraded ignition system, possibly built internals

I really doubt the 250 transmission will be able to handle F/I otherwise there wouldve been a manual transmission for the 350
Old 06-13-06, 06:04 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dajwilson
There are people on this board that want AWD or a manual. We don't all fit the auto tranny genre. If you believe that everybody that buys a 250 doesn't understand the difference in price, then you're crazy. We're aware.
Of course you "were" aware of it.. I'm sure most ppl that have the IS250 would
of gotten the IS350 if they were the same price, (with the exception of ones
that NEED awd). As for ones that wanted manual? Doubt that. The main point
of driving a manual is having a car that is faster, so I don't see the point in
making yourself work extra by constantly shifting gears, and still having a slow car..
Old 06-13-06, 01:00 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Doesnt someone here on CL already have one on his IS or one on order?
Old 06-13-06, 02:11 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
Of course you "were" aware of it.. I'm sure most ppl that have the IS250 would
of gotten the IS350 if they were the same price, (with the exception of ones
that NEED awd). As for ones that wanted manual? Doubt that. The main point
of driving a manual is having a car that is faster, so I don't see the point in
making yourself work extra by constantly shifting gears, and still having a slow car..
Maybe the main point for YOU, TONY1, having a manual is this.... but you are very wrong to assume that everyone else shares the same opinion as you. Why do you think BMW is having to bring a 6 speed manual M5 over to the states? Their new SMG is a very fast transmission, but some people want to row the gears themselves, even if it'd be a bit slower (many people out there, even if they have the money for this car, don't have the skill to shift this car as fast as magazine editors that you see writing the reviews).
Old 06-13-06, 02:32 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
not to mention youll need many other upgrades to support F/I. Upgraded fuel system upgraded injectors possibly (oh man), upgraded ignition system, possibly built internals

I really doubt the 250 transmission will be able to handle F/I otherwise there wouldve been a manual transmission for the 350
I would think that with 2 injectors per cylinder already, our fuel supply would be more than edequate to support FI. Not to mention that there are many cars that can run a small amount of FI without havign to do a major overhaul and keep the stock internals. Weather this holds true for the IS remains to be seen as it is still very new.
Old 06-13-06, 02:35 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Frisco
I had a supercharged Regal GS before my IS350. It was running about 14 to 15 pounds of boost. Most of the failures with these engines was breaking ring lands off the pistons. It was designed with a supercharger on it. With the compression ratios and piston design I would wait until someone comes out with a well sorted out design.
Frisco, what size pully did you ahve on your GS? I had a GTP (still do actually) before I got my IS350 and I was running a 3.25" pulley. My boost maxed out at about 11.5PSI, but I was also running cam, headers, catback and had PnP heads on the car. My L67 engine was SOLID, even after 183K hard miles. I am however on my 3rd transmission.
Old 06-13-06, 02:37 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
I would think that with 2 injectors per cylinder already, our fuel supply would be more than edequate to support FI. Not to mention that there are many cars that can run a small amount of FI without havign to do a major overhaul and keep the stock internals. Weather this holds true for the IS remains to be seen as it is still very new.
If it's only making and additional 40-50 bhp, then you probably won't have to upgrade the injectors. There is a chance that you might have to drill into the oil pan though.
Old 05-28-08, 08:54 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

blow the dust off this old one

anyone know where you can find this LMS kit? I hear they no longer exist??
Old 05-28-08, 10:27 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

They dont make them anymore? I was looking into this too.
Old 05-29-08, 05:43 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

probably because LMS isn't the kind of business who can afford to make S/Cs that no one is buying
Old 05-29-08, 06:25 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
They dont make them anymore? I was looking into this too.
I know I was hoping to find a shop somewhere that would have one sitting in stock I have been trying for sometime....I know someone that wants to sell a used one but for the same price as the new one?? oh well....

thanks guys

Quick Reply: LMS Supercharger...