Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Medalion Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-06, 07:33 PM
rod1972
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tanabe Medalion Exhaust

I'm on back order with a retailer and was told today end of July before next shipment. Anybody else having better luck getting this or are you being told the same thing?
Old 06-23-06, 07:39 PM
rod1972
Driver School Candidate

Default Tanabe Medalion Exhaust

I emailed Tanabe asking about production and shipment the first of this week, no reply yet.
Old 06-23-06, 07:41 PM
glilly
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the last one from Carson Toyota's July shipment, ...they said everyone (retailers) got shorthanded on thier orders, Tanabe's next shipment is in August, and those will also be filling backorders. Just call around as some retailers may have one unspoken for, but go ahead and get on a list with someone just in case.

Greg
Old 06-26-06, 02:16 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Very hard to get, I know. If you hadn't ordered one by now, then you probably wont be getting it until late July, or early august. There's a very long waiting line for that exhaust system.

There are more coming in on two different dates in July, but they are for the most part all spoken for.

Best to go through a forum vendor like Carson Toyota who have direct contact with Tanabe USA and are authorized dealers of their products. Other online e-tailers (non forum vendors) may have attractive pricing but may have to go through several middlemen, which means it's anyone's guess whether you get your exhaust or not. Best to go with reputable vendors for this one! Patience is a virtue, and Carson's reasonable pricing and good track record with the forum leave very little reason to shop outside of the forum.
Old 06-26-06, 02:57 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

Crazy that people want these so bad. Honestly, I like mine a lot, but its not very aggressive any any which way, but the look. Just so you guys know the truth. I like it, but would be on a waiting list for it.
Old 06-26-06, 03:50 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

I like the mufflers and tips of the tanabe, but I need a full exhaust system, I'm going to wait
to see what HKS ,Greddy, etc comes out with before I purchase one..
Old 06-26-06, 03:53 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
I like the mufflers and tips of the tanabe, but I need a full exhaust system, I'm going to wait
to see what HKS ,Greddy, etc comes out with before I purchase one..
thats what im thinking . . .
Old 06-26-06, 04:05 PM
Yoko
Driver

Dang, Tanabe mufflers are more popular than i thought.
Old 06-26-06, 04:19 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Might have to wait a long time, since there are no flanged provisions for exhaust system removal after the cat.

Virtually all of the exhausts that will come out of the IS will be rear section, unless they make a system that deletes the cats (not legal for road use, loud) or include built in catalyzers which will greatly increase the cost of the product. (I'd estimate $1500+)
Old 06-26-06, 05:54 PM
IS350ISFUN
Driver

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
Very hard to get, I know. If you hadn't ordered one by now, then you probably wont be getting it until late July, or early august. There's a very long waiting line for that exhaust system.

There are more coming in on two different dates in July, but they are for the most part all spoken for.

Best to go through a forum vendor like Carson Toyota who have direct contact with Tanabe USA and are authorized dealers of their products. Other online e-tailers (non forum vendors) may have attractive pricing but may have to go through several middlemen, which means it's anyone's guess whether you get your exhaust or not. Best to go with reputable vendors for this one! Patience is a virtue, and Carson's reasonable pricing and good track record with the forum leave very little reason to shop outside of the forum.
Maybe that's why I've been waiting since May.....
Old 06-26-06, 07:53 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
Might have to wait a long time, since there are no flanged provisions for exhaust system removal after the cat.

Virtually all of the exhausts that will come out of the IS will be rear section, unless they make a system that deletes the cats (not legal for road use, loud) or include built in catalyzers which will greatly increase the cost of the product. (I'd estimate $1500+)
I want a system that removes the rear cats...