Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Who purchased L-tuned on group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 07:43 AM
mantis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet Carson had a lot of orders to handle so it's hard to call buyers quickly for that type of volume, plus the holiday factor too.

Well, I tried the WD40 lube the night before, but I still couldn't get the bolts off. So I paid $65 at the muffler shop for a pro install. They had to break 3 of the 4 bolts off. They re-used the original gaskets. Here's a sound clip with an SRT intake if anyone is interested.

http://www.mantisx.com/video/ltunedexh.avi

I'm really happy with it. It has some growl, but it's not so loud that I will wake my neighbors up if I roll in during the early AM.
Attached Thumbnails Who purchased L-tuned on group buy?-ltunedex.jpg  
Old 07-10-06, 07:59 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GUNRU-GS4
E just do what cliffud said in post# 99. You have to position your jack far enough away from the jack locations to slide in the jackstands when the car is lifted. The wood will help spread the load.

Before I jack up my car I put the jack stand on the ground lined up where I'm gonna slide it under. Then I just position my jack as close to the jackstand as I can. Jack up, slide under, you're done.
Honestly, B, I've tried every which way and there just isn't enough room. Even with the hydraulic jack moved all the way over towards the back of the car, there just isn't enough room to get the jack stand positioned under that same pinch weld (it's only about 15 inches or so). The problem is that the base of the jack stand butts up against the base of the hydraulic jack.
Old 07-10-06, 08:10 AM
TeflonGS
Driver

Originally Posted by e-man
Did you do it yourself? Any problems?
No, I got a reputable shop to do the welds and the install. They said it was a seamless install.
Old 07-10-06, 08:18 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e-man
Honestly, B, I've tried every which way and there just isn't enough room. Even with the hydraulic jack moved all the way over towards the back of the car, there just isn't enough room to get the jack stand positioned under that same pinch weld (it's only about 15 inches or so). The problem is that the base of the jack stand butts up against the base of the hydraulic jack.
I know exactly what your talking about. Your thinking backwards E.

Hey man you don't move the jack behind the jack location towards the back of the car. You move the jack towards the front of the car. Otherwise the base of the jack would hit the base of the jackstand and not let you get close enough. Jack is on the left side of your jackstand.
Old 07-10-06, 08:27 AM
e-man
Pole Position

I know exactly what your talking about. Your thinking backwards E.

Hey man you don't move the jack behind the jack location towards the back of the car. You move the jack towards the front of the car. Otherwise the base of the jack would hit the base of the jackstand and not let you get close enough. Jack is on the left side of your jackstand.
Well, regardless of whether I move the jack towards the front or back of the car, there just isn't enough room for both the jack and the jack stand to be positioned beneath that pinch weld. I know the pinch weld runs the entire length from basically the front wheel to the rear wheel, but there is only an area of about 15 inches that can support a jack or a jack stand. I'll have to take some pictures later to show you what I'm talking about. Let's say you're looking at the stock jack location for the left rear corner of the car. The notches are pretty much at the end of the pinch weld. You can't move the jack any further back in that location. You can move the jack further forward, but it's basically the same problem, because there won't be enough room for the jackstand to fit behind it. Does that make sense?
Old 07-10-06, 08:33 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That makes sense but it's ok to jack up your car further up towards the front. You won't hurt anything. I have a big heavy duty jack that takes up a lot of room too. The wood spreads the load.
Old 07-10-06, 08:42 AM
e-man
Pole Position

That makes sense but it's ok to jack up your car further up towards the front. You won't hurt anything. I have a big heavy duty jack that takes up a lot of room too. The wood spreads the load.
Okay, well at least we're on the same page here. Here's the problem. At the stock jack location, the pinch weld has about 3 inches of metal on either side of it (to accommodate the stock jack platform, a block of wood, whatever). As you move towards the front of the car, the metal narrows. If you look about 15 inches forward of the stock jack location, there is almost no metal on the inside portion of the pinch weld (in other words, towards the center of the car).
Old 07-10-06, 09:12 AM
brit_lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine should be shipping out today! Luis said that every single exhaust sold to a member of CL..Now that's pretty remarkable!!!
Old 07-10-06, 09:21 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

Me and a friend installed mine this weekend. We backed it up on some ramps and It took about 30 minutes. We had a breaker bar handy, but the bolts came loose with a 1/2" drive and a little WD-40. The hardest part was getting it off the hangers and that wasn't even that bad.

Great deep sound and you can't beat the price.
Old 07-10-06, 10:15 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I installed my exhausts and the left side is lower than the right side.

I asked my doctor and he said that it's normal for one to be lower than the other but.... hahha just kidding.

But seriously- one side is about a half inch lower than the other - what should I do?

1) Try to bend the metal hanger of the shorter one so it sits closer to the bumper line?

2) Buy new rubber rings in hopes that the saggage is attributed to the old rings?

3) Wrap the hanger with a few dozen layers of aluminum foil so the hanger is thicker where the rings sit and thus will bring up the exhaust a half inch?

Has anyone else noticed that their exhaust tips aren't level???

Last edited by cliffud; 07-10-06 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-10-06, 12:39 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just received mine 5 minitues ago @ 15:42 Im going to install mine right know i'll post some pics.
Old 07-10-06, 02:47 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default l-tuned exhast

Here are some pics unless their is a break in period on the exhaust my exhaust sound so damn good no noise in the car huge difference between my l-tuned and my borla exhaust the difference in noise inside the car is like shooting a gun (borla), and then shoot the same gun with a silencer on it (l-tuned). As far as out side the car they both sound the same on my car low and deep tone. It took me 1 hr to install and take pics being though i had to jack the car up. I didnt have problems whats so ever taking off bolts being though i recently swapped my borlas back to oem like 3wks, to a month ago.

FOR THOSE OF U THAT WANTED TO KNOW WHERE U JACK THE CAR @.

THIS IS THE CAR WITH NEW TEIN CS'S ON

Last edited by #1gs300; 07-10-06 at 03:08 PM. Reason: ADD A PIC
Old 07-10-06, 04:00 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

after a few days of driving or so i feel that it might be a little too quite for me...onlookers you might want to keep any eye out in the FS for my set real soon.
Old 07-10-06, 04:13 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by joshoowa
after a few days of driving or so i feel that it might be a little too quite for me...onlookers you might want to keep any eye out in the FS for my set real soon.

dibbss!!!!

Remember me when you decide to sell it. I've been looking for an exhaust (ltuned or borla) forever!!!

I'll love you until the day I die

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock
Old 07-10-06, 07:57 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ltuned exhaust!

The man in brown delivered mine today! Should have pic's up this weekend!

Quick Reply: Who purchased L-tuned on group buy?