Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Questions about Tanabe exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 09:59 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It shouldn't take a shop 3 days to install the easy bolt-on Tanabe exhaust (15-30mins max!) unless the installation includes test driving the car over the weekend and painting the town red in a fancy new IS. He is probably just busy, but the installation is so simple that it really wouldnt delay any other work if he took care of your exhaust first.
Old 07-06-06, 10:01 AM
THINKtank
Driver

thank god for WD40.
Old 07-06-06, 12:46 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

I just ordered the Tanabe medallion exhaust for my 350. It's back order so it's gonna take 4-6wks. Installation should take few hours max according to the tech. Can't wait till I have it installed. Thanks for everyone's help and I have made a decision to order the exhaust. I am sure it's gonna be awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IS 350, Metador Red, Black Leather, Lux package, Navigation, Mark Levinson system
Attached Thumbnails Questions about Tanabe exhausts-clublexus.jpg  

Last edited by suprafrank; 07-06-06 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-07-06, 09:06 AM
THINKtank
Driver

congrats man.. bump for a sweet exhaust..

so youre getting the medalion touring..right?
install should be hard in any case.
Old 07-07-06, 09:21 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suprafrank
I just ordered the Tanabe medallion exhaust for my 350. It's back order so it's gonna take 4-6wks. Installation should take few hours max according to the tech. Can't wait till I have it installed. Thanks for everyone's help and I have made a decision to order the exhaust. I am sure it's gonna be awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IS 350, Metador Red, Black Leather, Lux package, Navigation, Mark Levinson system
I don't think your getting it, There is only a few bolts that need to come off and a couple of
rubber hangers.. This is a 1-2-3 job.. If your mechanic is going to tell you it's going to
take a few hours, he's probably going to charge you anywhere from $200 to $300
depending on their labor rates.. ASK HIM 1ST how much its going to be, before you have anything done. If he charges you more than $50-$70 he's ripping you off period...
Old 07-07-06, 09:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yup on my prelude I was only charged 60 bux to do a full cat back exhaust, Tanabe is only a resonator back, so easily doable at home
Old 07-07-06, 09:14 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tony1
I don't think your getting it, There is only a few bolts that need to come off and a couple of
rubber hangers.. This is a 1-2-3 job.. If your mechanic is going to tell you it's going to
take a few hours, he's probably going to charge you anywhere from $200 to $300
depending on their labor rates.. ASK HIM 1ST how much its going to be, before you have anything done. If he charges you more than $50-$70 he's ripping you off period...

The total for the part, labor, and tax is $699 (but it's a back order and may take 4-6 weeks for the part to arrive and hopefully doesn't take longer than that). That's not bad, I think. What do you think?? I think he said few hours max including waiting time.

Attached Thumbnails Questions about Tanabe exhausts-clublexus.jpg  

Last edited by suprafrank; 07-07-06 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-09-06, 05:29 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Default back order

Confirmed with Tanabe USA. The Medallion exhaust for Lexus IS 350 is on back order. Have to wait for the shipment from Japan. Not sure when. They said they get shipment from Japan once a month.

IS 350, Metador Red, Black Leather, Lux package, Navigation, Mark Levinson system, Tanabe exhaust soon
Attached Thumbnails Questions about Tanabe exhausts-clublexus2.jpg  

Last edited by suprafrank; 07-09-06 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 06:30 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suprafrank
Confirmed with Tanabe USA. The Medallion exhaust for Lexus IS 350 is on back order. Have to wait for the shipment from Japan. Not sure when. They said they get shipment from Japan once a month.

Who did you order through? I was concidering buying one, but don't want to drop the cash and then wait, wait ,wait while they already have my money.
Old 07-10-06, 06:38 AM
IS-Jim
Driver

There are several sellers with them on ebay for "buy it now".
Old 07-10-06, 08:54 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I wouldn't trust any of those ebay sellers. I can almost 100% guarantee that they don't actually have it. Most of those just list products without actually having it on hand.
Old 07-10-06, 06:52 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Originally Posted by unit74
Who did you order through? I was concidering buying one, but don't want to drop the cash and then wait, wait ,wait while they already have my money.

I checked with Tanabe USA. They said the exhaust for IS 350 is on back order. They are going to receive a shipment in 10 days but most likely all the IS 350 exhausts already have buyers and I may have to wait for the next shipment after that. So I may have to wait for 5.5 weeks. I paid the deposit already, I guess I will have to wait. I didn't order it online. I am not sure if you can order it directly through Tanabe USA. You can go to the following site to find out if there's an official Tanabe dealer close to your place: http://www.tanabe-usa.com/dealers.asp

This listing price was $690 on Tanabe website but I think you can get it for around $550 from the dealers for some reason. But likely if you order it now, it gonna be a back order. I am telling you, the earlier you order it the better because this exhaust is hot and there's high demand for them. Good luck.

IS 350, Metador Red, Black Leather, Lux package, Navigation, Mark Levinson system, Tanabe exhaust soon
Attached Thumbnails Questions about Tanabe exhausts-clublexus2.jpg  

Last edited by suprafrank; 07-11-06 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 04:42 AM
nine9898
Driver

Default Is 250

When will these be avaliable for the IS 250 ?

I wonder if there out

Thanks
Old 07-12-06, 06:29 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

I'd like to know that too. I PM'd Tanabe rep but didn't receive a response
Old 07-12-06, 09:30 PM
nine9898
Driver

Does any one out there know the answer ?

Please help us ?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Questions about Tanabe exhausts