Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How does this look for a setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-06, 03:07 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmack83
ok then can u guys help me with this i want power and a sick setup. have the money and want my moneys worth. i dont know of any good tuners for somethn like this in my area. but i definately want it done. so if swap is best than swap it is. but tranny wise auto 4 speed can i keep my manu shift. and for the power i want is it worth it or should i swap out for the 6speed. all i want is nice stable ride and driveability with 5-600whp on pump single setup. i love the supra and always loved the gs3 and now i have one i just want the best of both worlds.
full on recomendations, and i thank you guys very much for the help.
Jon
Good thread Jon.
I know nothing about the swap but have been really "curious" about it

From reading other members' knowlegeable input, the key word is "getting your moneys worth" and it sounds like you can spend almost half and achieve your initial goal. I would like to thank the members for looking out and putting it out there.

Bluelex is the man with the blue gs gte swapped and his headlights are the Q45 retrofits-custom.
Look up bluelex in the gallery.

Keep us dated on your adventure
Old 07-13-06, 05:15 PM
Jmack83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately everyone will stay posted on my adventure. And i feel like an *** for not thankng all on clublexus for watchn my back and helping me be informed better on the right way or ways to go. So big thanks to all,.

Now what i found out today after calling every supra tuner let me clarify big supra tuner no one wants to mess with it besides sound performance and one other but i have to do more research and find ways to make things wrk ie wiring and tranny. so it's mildly discouraging but i'm young and dont get side tracked that easy when i know what i want. so still i look for some one to doit completely. and i found motors for 1250-6000 usds some with tranny some with out dont know what to set the goal at either i want to be able to have a 700+whp gs300 and be reliable and safe and maintainable and i know it not far fetched with the supra engine. but if anyone one knows any responsible and good shops that can take on this project i would love you forever but right now i would be happy to get the motor in and tranny in and be working and running thats it. i just wish i had more time to try to do this myself but i know i would end up running low on time or get bored with it then i would have a non running gs in my garage next to a few other cars.
Old 07-13-06, 05:59 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikal
i believe it's $100 to upgrade to 850cc from the 550cc that comes with the stage 3 kit.
Ahh that makes sence then.
Old 07-13-06, 07:11 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

if you want 700 whp+ won't you need to get the standard 2jz-gte swap with the 6 speed, not the VVti version because I don't think the auto can handle that horsepower...correct me if im wrong

Good luck
Old 07-13-06, 07:27 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he'll just put himself into a bigger mess if he goes 6 speed...

To make it easier.. stay auto.
Old 07-13-06, 07:34 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Wow, I'm still taking all that in. I'll make this short and sweet, just my 2 cents. WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!! Do the full engine swap. I got the front clip from an Aristo. Bolts right in. If you want 500, you can probably get it out of the stock twins but they won't last. As for the tranny, I have the 4-speed auto and it has the manual option with tiptronic so you won't lose that. I singled it before it went in. And for the (non VVT-i haters) my engine is the VVT-i = more torque, more responsive and capable of biggggg hp. I'll have dyno results soon. Wiring was easy, didn't even have to extend any wires, just changed some pinouts. I could go on forever but it's late. Good luck and if you want to ship your car down here, call Rudy at manictechracing.com Have a look....
Attached Thumbnails How does this look for a setup-digital-pictures-030.jpg  
Old 07-13-06, 08:13 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

you can get a decent amount of hp out of the vvti gte but nothing as high as a standard non vvti gte. I belive it's because the vvti gte has smaller lift cams which is limiting the power. Also, Since it's VVTI, we cant change out the Intake Cam either...

Burgandy,
I have a vvti GTE going into my car so i'm not a vvti hater
Old 07-13-06, 08:26 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

I don't hate VVT-i.
He was saying 700 hp and I don't think the VVTi can handle that much that's all.
If I ever do the GTE swap I would probably go VVTi.
You say the VVTi can handle high numbers? About how high?
-Mike
Old 07-13-06, 08:48 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fatmike
I don't hate VVT-i.
He was saying 700 hp and I don't think the VVTi can handle that much that's all.
If I ever do the GTE swap I would probably go VVTi.
You say the VVTi can handle high numbers? About how high?
-Mike

i know you're not directing the question at me but here are something to compare to.

With all these mods, HKS was only able to squeeze 650rwhp and 700tq.
Is it able to get high hp? yes..
Would I have been able to get more hp out of a non vvti for the amount that i spent on the vvti? I would say yes..

VVTI GTE is best for daily drivers.

Taniguchi Aristo Specs
Chassis: JZS161
Engine: 2JZGTE

HKS TO4Z Turbo Kit
HKS 3.4L Stroker Kit
HKS Camshafts
HKS R-Type Intercooler (SPL)
HKS F-Con Vpro
HKS EVC
HKS A/F Knock Amp
HKS Sequential Transmission
HKS Hipermax Suspension
Project Mu 6 Piston Brakes
Advan RS Wheels
Yokohama AVS Sport Tires
Vertex Aero Kit
Old 07-13-06, 08:52 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmack83
the only thing i'm looking at is a full 2jz-gte swap. if that is more than this then no if not then hella yeah. but i dont really wanna loose my manu shift and auto tranny
I say you go for the engine swap. The 98-05 aristos have something like 300 rwhp and that is on stock boost on pump gas!

Buy a front clip with the 4 speed auto tranny ($3000 max) do the swap for less than 12k.
Old 07-14-06, 07:16 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

I've read that Mo had done some great upgrades. I'm sure you'll get what you pay for...a quality job and good numbers...well tuned.

Still, a GTE swap is doable and a better upgrade IMO. And maybe more reliable.
Old 07-14-06, 12:11 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikal
you can get a decent amount of hp out of the vvti gte but nothing as high as a standard non vvti gte. I belive it's because the vvti gte has smaller lift cams which is limiting the power. Also, Since it's VVTI, we cant change out the Intake Cam either...

Burgandy,
I have a vvti GTE going into my car so i'm not a vvti hater

Cool bro, good luck with the swap. In my opinion, and it's only mine, I believe that 600 rear wheel hp is plenty. Especially because we are talking about a 4-door luxury sedan. Not a 2-door Supra. Most people have no idea what that kind of hp feels like. It's fast, real fast. I'm sure you know, your pic looks like your boosting. Anyway, I will let you all know what real numbers we can achieve with this motor. I am close, just need to tune some more. As for the cam, HKS makes an intake cam replacement with a VVT-i controller. It's a little pricey but they make it.
Old 07-14-06, 12:27 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BurgandyGS
Cool bro, good luck with the swap. In my opinion, and it's only mine, I believe that 600 rear wheel hp is plenty. Especially because we are talking about a 4-door luxury sedan. Not a 2-door Supra. Most people have no idea what that kind of hp feels like. It's fast, real fast. I'm sure you know, your pic looks like your boosting. Anyway, I will let you all know what real numbers we can achieve with this motor. I am close, just need to tune some more. As for the cam, HKS makes an intake cam replacement with a VVT-i controller. It's a little pricey but they make it.

I thought they discontinued the VVTI controller? anyways, good luck with your setup. Keep us updated please.

yea, 600 is plenty for a street car.
Old 07-14-06, 02:40 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

Mikal, that aristo sounds awesome. Thanks for that info. Makes me want to swap out right this second.

Good luck on the swap I hope all goes well!
Keep us informed.
Old 07-14-06, 07:13 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Wow some of these prices are crazy. $3500 to install the short block and install the turbo kit. Kinda overpriced if you ask me.

Quick Reply: How does this look for a setup