Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Drop In Filter Final Verdict?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 12:10 PM
sixth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz Drop In Filter Final Verdict?

Well guys finally after about a 2 month wait i got my IS250 AWD...bye bye Celica. I have been reading alot on the forum about the JoeZ and Blitz filter, I have BOTH of them sitting in my office, and I wanted to know what everyone thought about the blitz filter. Some people say its junk, some say no difference, some say to put it in and take the secondary 'emissions filter' out etc...I am going to install this tonight (had the car two days hehe) but i dont know if i should stick with the stock filter setup with the joez or not...

Opinions?
Old 07-26-06, 12:22 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sixth
Well guys finally after about a 2 month wait i got my IS250 AWD...bye bye Celica. I have been reading alot on the forum about the JoeZ and Blitz filter, I have BOTH of them sitting in my office, and I wanted to know what everyone thought about the blitz filter. Some people say its junk, some say no difference, some say to put it in and take the secondary 'emissions filter' out etc...I am going to install this tonight (had the car two days hehe) but i dont know if i should stick with the stock filter setup with the joez or not...

Opinions?
My opinion is that the Blitz filter does nothing for the car. Maybe by removing the secondary emissions filter you could potentially gain 1 or 2 hp, but I don't think it's worth removing. Now the JOEZ pip on the other hand is worth installing. It actually is functional.
Old 07-26-06, 12:24 PM
sixth
Driver School Candidate

Yeah..i might remove that secondary filter, but i havent read much about people doing that, plus i dont want lexus to ***** about that esp since its an emssions thing....
Old 07-26-06, 12:51 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed mine a couple of weeks ago,, It's not there to back up the primary filter..
It's just made to trap some gases that may be harmful to the enviroment..
When you look at the filter in the sunlight, you can almost see right through it..
It's charcoal incased in a plastic webbing.. Doesn't seem like it would filter out
any tiny particles that would somehow make it through the primary filter anyway.
Yet it def. restricts airflow, to some extent..
Old 07-26-06, 12:56 PM
sixth
Driver School Candidate

I willl have to take a look at this tonight, its like 90 out with crazy humidity so i might put this off to another day but i really want to get that joez in there...that stock tube is werid...
Old 07-26-06, 07:52 PM
casey225
Pole Position

I installed the Blitz a couple of weeks after JoeZ and initially thought I noticed a difference in responsiveness. However, I think somehow the ECU detected something new and was relearning (I did not reset it myself by disconnecting the battery, though). After a couple days, I can't say I really noticed a difference. I left it in for now and will put the stock filter back in when due for a change.