Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Yet another Tanabe intall....Vegas style

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-06, 08:01 AM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly don't notice much HP gains....only because I have never stomped on it....the sound alone was worth the money. As far as the interior....black is just too damn hot for Vegas....besides, I REALLY like the two -tone.
Old 07-30-06, 10:38 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
nah things came up right when i was gonna start. will do it tomorrow fo sho tho...

it IS that difficult. you'll need a vice grip and a punch
Old 07-30-06, 11:27 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
it IS that difficult. you'll need a vice grip and a punch
no problem... got those in the garage
Old 07-30-06, 11:38 AM
flyfl1pguy

nah things came up right when i was gonna start. will do it tomorrow fo sho tho...
NIce want to see it when done. . .
Old 07-30-06, 01:09 PM
MeTrO
Driver

This was the absolute hardest thing I've done yet. I TOTALLY had to destroy my old pedal to get the damn pin out. It's done and I never want to talk about it again.

I would have GLADLY paid $100 for someone else to do it. SUCKED.
Attached Thumbnails Yet another Tanabe intall....Vegas style-dsc00329.jpg  
Old 07-30-06, 01:10 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Fogs on the other hand took 5 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails Yet another Tanabe intall....Vegas style-dsc00328.jpg  
Old 07-31-06, 10:40 AM
LeXusIS714
Driver

May I ask for the seller name on ebay and how long did you have to wait?
Old 07-31-06, 10:51 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I would really recommend going through one of the vendors on the forums. There is no warranty on ebay purchased items, and since those guys are not direct, it's a crapshoot at best whether you actually get the system within a reasonable time frame. ~no one~ has these in stock-- sold out until September, and everything coming in August is spoken for.

PM Tanabe USA for recommendation
Old 07-31-06, 11:36 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't even try eBay now. All the ones you see now doesn't have them in stock, yet...they list they do.

Exhaust looks great, plus the pedals and fogs! I love this exhaust, everytime I see a 2IS next to me, I punch it and show them my IS has this nice exhaust tone. hahaha I'm such a a**munch.

The gas pedal is the absolute worse install I ever did. It was so hard to do. I also widened the pin, good thing I was able to save it.

Darren, Should have called me. I would have loved to sit and watch. Did you save my number now? Or must I call you at 3AM again while I'm drunk?
Old 07-31-06, 11:52 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Don't even try eBay now. All the ones you see now doesn't have them in stock, yet...they list they do.

Exhaust looks great, plus the pedals and fogs! I love this exhaust, everytime I see a 2IS next to me, I punch it and show them my IS has this nice exhaust tone. hahaha I'm such a a**munch.

The gas pedal is the absolute worse install I ever did. It was so hard to do. I also widened the pin, good thing I was able to save it.

Darren, Should have called me. I would have loved to sit and watch. Did you save my number now? Or must I call you at 3AM again while I'm drunk?
You are absolutely right!

this is the email i got from ebay seller.

"thanks for the payment, however this item is currently on backordering, we can either issue a full refund or we can put you in our backorder list, and will ship it out once we got it from tanabe USA"

Old 07-31-06, 11:55 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

And the worst thing is, I actually emailed them and asked them if they have it in stock and they said YES!

ARGH!
Old 07-31-06, 12:03 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Yeah, I wouldn't put a lot of trust in those guys. Most ebay guys (though there are some exceptions) will say anything to get a sale. If I buy something from ebay, it's usually from end user to end user and used/rare...when I see a big list of parts with all of the same picture and descriptions....aiya....

Most of the ebay guys put a low buy it now price but have ridiculous shipping prices so they can work around the paypal surcharge, which I find kind of sneaky-- makes me question their ethics on how they handle other parts of their business.
Old 07-31-06, 12:08 PM
pocky
mooncake master

lol Mike....aiya.

Yeah, I tried ALL the eBay stores, that is LOCAL to me for pick up. I found their numbers and called them, and they all told me backorder. I'm like

Thankfully, my buddy called me and secured me one.
Old 07-31-06, 12:41 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky

hahah it only took me 30 mins to get that pin out... no biggie really. i saved your number... but i got a call at friggin 4am on saturday morning from a private number!!!!!! that BETTER not have been you!
Old 07-31-06, 12:58 PM
pocky
mooncake master

hahah it only took me 30 mins to get that pin out... no biggie really. i saved your number... but i got a call at friggin 4am on saturday morning from a private number!!!!!! that BETTER not have been you!
HAHAHA, ok I swear that one is not me. I joke around, but I dont do that.....

Quick Reply: Yet another Tanabe intall....Vegas style