Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just ordered Tanabe Exhaust & Fujita Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 06:27 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to know if ( ISTOREPARTS.COM) is an authorized dealer
Old 08-01-06, 07:16 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
I just wanted to know if ( ISTOREPARTS.COM) is an authorized dealer
Just to let you know you can find a dealer list on their website, located here:
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/dealers.asp
I dont see them on their list. That is a cheap price. But i wounder how much shipping is. Since Im in cali i would have to pay tax and shipping since that site dont disclose a adress or a phone number (which i dont like). One of their auth. dealers quoted me 552.00 plus tax and no shipping. So in reality its probley going to be the same price as the site listed above. I bet you could find someone local to deal with for around the same price. Also if your going to give money and wait i would rather it be at a locla shop then an online deal. Hope this helps JIM
Old 08-01-06, 07:31 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA

The exhaust outputs a very low frequency "bass" tone, so it does not pick up well on low end microphones such as those found on digital cameras and handheld recorders.

I believe Pocky has this system, care to elaborate?
What am I, chopped meat?? jk

This exhaust system is the best non-rice, non-dirtbike sounding system I have heard. I compare it to my buddy's 06 corvette sound.
Old 08-01-06, 07:58 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys. I have a great qaulity video camera, it has a 1/8 microphone input jack. I am buying a decent qaulity microphone soon, so I could do exactly what people have been asking for. Getting great sound and video qaulity clips.

I am in the SGV, and also have the LMS exhaust, if any of you CL'ers would like to meet and compare our exhaust just PM me and let me know. This is when I will also record (most importantly) sound and video clips.

Any takers?
Old 08-01-06, 10:00 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

I guess I should have ordered my Tanabe earlier cause they are on backorder for about 1-2 weeks....I will believe that when it gets here.... also does $518 sound too good what does Tanabe REALLY charge so i know if I am getting the real thing.
Old 08-01-06, 10:16 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds about right...
Old 08-01-06, 10:56 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

That's a pretty good price!! I ordered mine for $574.00 shipped.
Old 08-01-06, 11:15 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Istoreparts is a big ebay vendor I believe -- Tanabe USA doesn't sell anything directly to retail since they are not a shop or a garage, so the parts get distributed to larger distributors or retail stores.
Old 08-02-06, 12:47 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

Doesnt the lms dual ss exhaust offer more horespower?? and better sound??
dats what i heard... its just dat it costs almost twice.. as much..
Old 08-02-06, 07:10 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77
Doesnt the lms dual ss exhaust offer more horespower?? and better sound??
dats what i heard... its just dat it costs almost twice.. as much..
LMS removes the CATS which is asking for trouble. And its to loud on a lexus for me. IMO.
Old 08-02-06, 07:18 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
I guess I should have ordered my Tanabe earlier cause they are on backorder for about 1-2 weeks....I will believe that when it gets here.... also does $518 sound too good what does Tanabe REALLY charge so i know if I am getting the real thing.
When did you order it? Most are not going to be here until Sept. If you read what tanabe wrote "We are receiving a large shipment tentatively scheduled to arrive August 18th to fulfill demand and preorders from late June/July. If you have not placed an order with one of our authorized dealers for this exhaust, you will not receive your exhaust until September."

I dont think youll get yours in 2 weeks. I talked SP Engineering "one of their major distributors for their products" and they said they are getting 2 out of the 12 they had backordered in the next shipment. Then it wont be until september until they can clear the rest of the 10 they already have on backorder. They dont know how many extra they will get in september yet.
Old 08-02-06, 10:36 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

I would like to know is there any tanabe exhaust that will suit IS250 RWD??
Old 08-02-06, 10:58 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

integlikew

When did you order it? Most are not going to be here until Sept. If you read what tanabe wrote "We are receiving a large shipment tentatively scheduled to arrive August 18th to fulfill demand and preorders from late June/July. If you have not placed an order with one of our authorized dealers for this exhaust, you will not receive your exhaust until September."

I dont think youll get yours in 2 weeks. I talked SP Engineering "one of their major distributors for their products" and they said they are getting 2 out of the 12 they had backordered in the next shipment. Then it wont be until september until they can clear the rest of the 10 they already have on backorder. They dont know how many extra they will get in september yet.

I had just ordered it on the 31st of july. I was thinking of cancelling my order and looking for something else but there is nothing for around that price. Borla won't be out for 3-4 months and LMS is just too expensive for me and someone said that it is very loud almost too loud. But who knows i will probably just keep it and wait till it comes in.
Old 08-02-06, 11:50 AM
pocky
mooncake master

My review:

Just get it?! Yes the exhaust has a very bassy tone. Although sometimes I dislike the fact that when I cruise at 40PM on surface streets and slightly press the gas, the exhaust note isn't too pleasant IMO. But I blame it on the fact that it's a automatic. It sounds like your girggling water.

Just wait, unless there are other exhaust systems, right now Tanabe is the top in my book.

LMS will offer much more horsepower but at the expense of two cat deletes. For this car, I don't think the sound of the LMS is pleasing to me IMO. If I had a true brutal sports car, hell yes I want the loudest exhaust I can get.

As for the backorder issue. I guess I got very lucky.
Old 08-02-06, 07:52 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

So who did you guys order through and what did you pay?

Quick Reply: Just ordered Tanabe Exhaust & Fujita Intake