Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just ordered Tanabe Exhaust & Fujita Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 04:34 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just ordered Tanabe Exhaust & Fujita Intake

I know there are people with this same setup. I was just wondering what kind of gains that you may have experienced or what the sound is like. Thanks
Old 08-01-06, 04:36 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello!

We are confident that you will be very satisfied with the setup! If you do a search on "Tanabe" in the Second Generation IS forum, you should come across a great deal of threads from people who also have this exhaust system.

At the time that we tested the IS350 with the exhaust many months ago, we saw a 7rwhp gain, but this was with VDIM turned on during testing. Actual increases may be higher, as we saw ~5whp gains on the 250 RWD with the VDIM turned OFF (as opposed to ~3whp with VDIM turn on)
Old 08-01-06, 04:37 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't have the Fujita Intake, but rather the Joe Z. and I love them both!

I always see myself grinning everytime I give the car a little 'push' to hear the sweet sound just chirning out.
Old 08-01-06, 04:48 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

any video of Tanabe's exhaust? I want to hear the sound...Thinking of getting one.
Old 08-01-06, 04:59 PM
MeTrO
Driver

I can tell you this.....the sound is AWESOME......my Fujita will be here tomorrow!!

Last edited by MeTrO; 08-01-06 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-01-06, 04:59 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

The clip that we have on our website of the IS350 exhaust didn't pick up the lower frequency sounds, so it is best left to the vivid description of fellow CL'ers who have the system.

The exhaust outputs a very low frequency "bass" tone, so it does not pick up well on low end microphones such as those found on digital cameras and handheld recorders.

I believe Pocky has this system, care to elaborate?
Old 08-01-06, 05:04 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

I got one off of Tanabe's site... No offense to them but the sound quality is awful...If I was to just go by the sound from the vid I wouldn't have bought one. I am going strictly off what the good people here are saying and a little hope that it sounds what I actually want it to sound like.
Old 08-01-06, 05:10 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
The clip that we have on our website of the IS350 exhaust didn't pick up the lower frequency sounds, so it is best left to the vivid description of fellow CL'ers who have the system.

The exhaust outputs a very low frequency "bass" tone, so it does not pick up well on low end microphones such as those found on digital cameras and handheld recorders.

I believe Pocky has this system, care to elaborate?

How about the AWD ?
Old 08-01-06, 05:10 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Now what do you guys consider Bass tone cause when I think of that I think of a Big V8 or to some extent a SRT4 with a good exhaust. Now, before people tell me that "it's not a V8", I know that i just don't want a frigg'n lawnmower or a dirt bike sound if you know what I mean.
Old 08-01-06, 05:19 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

The question is........

When can we actually get the exhaust? I called around and it was"place an order now, but we don't know when we'll see the exhaust.

Sorry Tanabe, but I'm not gonna place a leap of faith deposit of 10% anywhere when I can't get a real answer of when I cvn have my exhaust.
Old 08-01-06, 05:20 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

MrMark - Tomorrow we are going to the independent dyno facility we used during R&D to pick up the dyno sheets The AWD results will be posted in a thread specifically for AWD + Medalion Touring.

The 250 AWD did have a bit more drivetrain loss compared to the RWD, but the gains were still evident
Old 08-01-06, 05:31 PM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
MrMark - Tomorrow we are going to the independent dyno facility we used during R&D to pick up the dyno sheets The AWD results will be posted in a thread specifically for AWD + Medalion Touring.
Don't forget to post the 250RWD dynos. Haven't seem them yet, unless I missed them.

BTW, if anybody has the tanable exhaust in Austin, I *might* be able to do a one-time sound recording with a high quality microphone that should be able to pick up those lower tones.
Old 08-01-06, 05:32 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by unit74
The question is........

When can we actually get the exhaust? I called around and it was"place an order now, but we don't know when we'll see the exhaust.

Sorry Tanabe, but I'm not gonna place a leap of faith deposit of 10% anywhere when I can't get a real answer of when I cvn have my exhaust.
Unit74,

As Lexus is also experiencing trouble fulfilling demand for the IS350, we are also increasing production to meet the demand of this exhaust. We apologize for any wait, but we will do our best to locate a dealer that can service you, given that you contact us. The forums vendors are authorized dealers of our products.

We are receiving a large shipment tentatively scheduled to arrive August 18th to fulfill demand and preorders from late June/July. If you have not placed an order with one of our authorized dealers for this exhaust, you will not receive your exhaust until September. We cannot disclose the numbers that are coming in, but the September shipment is roughly 12-13 units away from being completely spoken for-- expected to be completely reserved by the middle of the month.

Because the T70113A part number has been confirmed to work on the IS250 RWD and AWD models, demand has increased, and we do not expect it to subside, even with increased production on our end.

Which authorized dealers have you contacted? Authorized dealers are informed of ETAs and should be able to provide this to you. If you are not receiving the correct service and information, please let us know, and we can locate a dealer who can best service you.

As a side note: none of our authorized dealers sell on Ebay, and we strongly advise against purchasing, due to a high amount of fraud and poor customer service.
Old 08-01-06, 05:35 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jasoncd
Don't forget to post the 250RWD dynos. Haven't seem them yet, unless I missed them.

BTW, if anybody has the tanable exhaust in Austin, I *might* be able to do a one-time sound recording with a high quality microphone that should be able to pick up those lower tones.

Jason, we will have those posted as well

It would be a great service if you could do that for the IS owners, or if there were several owners with various others mods/exhausts. Most of the exhaust video clips do not do them justice because most of the sound is in the low frequency range. Our engineering staff enjoys making a quality product, but unfortunately while we are skilled in manufacturing and engineering; digital audio and sound recording is not something we are well versed in
Old 08-01-06, 05:48 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info!!! I guess there is some hope for me then! I ordered mine about a month ago, so I should get it when the next shipment comes in

Quick Reply: Just ordered Tanabe Exhaust & Fujita Intake