Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger IN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 05:57 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If one is going to post up anything about FI or a new power adder that has tremendous potential benefits along with interest, especially for a relatively new vehicle, then realistically expect questions (especially about pricing and availability), debate, and to an extent, BS flags (as unfortunate as they are). Hold exception for those who are just openly being critical of the product for no other reason than to do so, but I in no way feel the latter part of this thread somehow threw it off course, any more than it was 4-5 pages prior. The information provided is unbiased and actually attempts to help others to understand, and iron out some of the wrinkles which go along with the topic, in response to legit questions, as its not just conjecture being thrown out to occupy space.

The thread topic is "S/C in!"...one of the first things people are thinking, is how it will benefit them. Unless this thread was created specifically to recieve attention, I see little reason as to why thoughtful discussion isn't beneficial for all of us, again, once its not just criticism for the sake of it.
Old 08-24-06, 11:41 AM
duckduck
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did all those posts have to be replaced with ".................."?

As someone who doesn't know much about superchargers, I found the posts towards the end (pages 8-9) really helpful and informative. To me, it seemed logical to have questions about a supercharger in a thread ABOUT a someone installing a supercharger. Maybe I'm the only weird one, but it seemed logical to me. When else are we going to bring it up? There were no questions about how a supercharger really worked in this forum until one was installed with pics/dyno etc. While I agree that another thread should be started for it, at least the posters realized this (a little late).

Sadly, rt350 must have felt offended and taken his posts off. That'll be a loss for this forum.
Old 08-24-06, 11:47 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I think this whole thread should be removed and if RT350 ever feels up to it maybe he can post again, but I doubt he will. If it was me, I probably wouldn't post in this forum/site again and find another one. is300.net, lextasy, is350forums, etc. I have noticed more and more lately that people just attack one another all the damn time. Maybe the limited aftermarket for the 2IS is causing everyone one to lose patience and people have nothing to do except scrutize every little detail of what is available. Basically the whole intake mess is up in the air. No aftermarket parts that absolutely show a confirmed and guaranteed gain over one another, exhausts with few and far between video clips, sound clips, photos etc.
Old 08-24-06, 12:12 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the bickerinng/attacking. While a debate is always good, we've crossed the line when it comes to having a purposeful debate and attacking each other to a point of being senseless and useless. sucks
Old 09-16-06, 05:16 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is shame as what happened to this thread I feel RT350 should have left the tread info posted it is still good info. for mostly everyone else Just my $.02

I saw something posted by another member that I think can go for ANY modding and sharing of that info. I'm going to call this "Modder's Creed"

"Keep in mind that this is all for informational purposes only. Everyone will have their own bias or opinion on whether or not the cost justifies the gains or aesthetics. A lot of members have tried certain products and found out later that these products were not worth the time, money or trouble. It’s those members willingness to use their cars as guinea pigs and provide feedback to the community at large that makes these forums invaluable when deciding what or what not to do to your car."

By LDYNRED

Enuf said