Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger IN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-06, 04:07 AM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IS300eR
uh, read the #'s on the dyno sheet and do some simple math, 293 - 265 = 28...

i don't mind posting the dyno's up but it's just gona be like what JoeZ said in his result before doing the whole intake shabam, i've showed it to a few .netters already; done @ Ingen, 20+ runs in 2 weeks, a/c off is 265whp, a/c on is 245whp, they did it in the morning, afternoon, early night time; +/- 1~2whp difference in the avg; car was almost new had less than 700 miles on it.

anyways, that #'s nothing special, any normal 350 can make that to the ground easily.

why would a car dyno less with the a/c on... at wot, the a/c doesnt engage anyway... Ive dynoed hundreds of cars, and it makes no difference.

And in my experience.. in order of lowest reading to highest reading, it goes: Mustang Dyno, DynoJet, Dyno Dynamics, Dynapack... just my own personal experience... any dyno operator can screw with the numbers, by adjusting correction factor, dyno room temp, upping tire pressure, etc...
Old 08-19-06, 06:37 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS300eR
uh, read the #'s on the dyno sheet and do some simple math, 293 - 265 = 28...

i don't mind posting the dyno's up but it's just gona be like what JoeZ said in his result before doing the whole intake shabam, i've showed it to a few .netters already; done @ Ingen, 20+ runs in 2 weeks, a/c off is 265whp, a/c on is 245whp, they did it in the morning, afternoon, early night time; +/- 1~2whp difference in the avg; car was almost new had less than 700 miles on it.

anyways, that #'s nothing special, any normal 350 can make that to the ground easily.
are you really this dense? this was done on a DIFFERENT dyno. jesus christ, get it through your head!

here is my dyno. the 3 runs are 1 after the other done on a DYNOJET. take a look at the diffrences in whp and wtq...

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but I believe his were don on a mustang dyno which reads lower (at least I think its lower) than a dynojet.

Last edited by carlos; 08-19-06 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-19-06, 06:45 AM
rys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
are you really this dense? this was done on a DIFFERENT dyno. jesus christ, get it through your head!

here is my dyno. the 3 runs are 1 after the other done on a DYNOJET. take a look at the diffrences in whp and wtq...

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but I believe his were don on a mustang dyno which reads lower (at least I think its lower) than a dynojet.
Hah, are you crazy? Did you see his Dyno on the first page? It says Dynojet Research. rt350 works for Fujita, they have a Dynojet.

It only ran at 293.50whp, DynoJet.

-Brian
Old 08-19-06, 10:32 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by car_lost

Carlos was this with the Joe Z on? Or was it stock at that time?
Old 08-19-06, 01:50 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iceman1117
Carlos was this with the Joe Z on? Or was it stock at that time?
100% stock.
Old 08-19-06, 07:06 PM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rt350

I am located in Temecula, CA. Come up with Ramon and we'll go for a drive.
Sounds like a plan...I just moved back down to SD from Murrieta so I know the area. I've got access to one of those dashboard cameras, if you'd like to show everyone here what they too could have
Old 08-19-06, 08:14 PM
keeeeez
Pole Position

On a side note...I just got done reading the Fujita intake/dyno testing post and I must say I can't wait to meet up and do some real world driving tests to shut the skeptics up once and for all. The guys at Groupe5 Motorsports in San Diego (where I got my ride half slammed) have nothing but positive things to say about Fujita.
Old 08-20-06, 08:51 AM
MeTrO
Driver

Keeeez, (may have missed an e)

Some battles you just can't win because some people are too stupid to know they are losing.....I love my intake, and since I am not affluent enough to purchase this supercharger, it's going to have to do.
Old 08-21-06, 07:25 AM
rt350
Rookie

Last edited by rt350; 08-23-06 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-21-06, 07:28 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by rt350
Time to clear some things up: 1. LMS put my car on their Mustang Dyno. He said (i don't have a copy nor did i see it) 250 whp to 301 whp with the supercharger. When I got my car back to the office (Fujita) i put it on the dynojet but reading almost 294. Yes Dynojet should read higher but you can hear the belt slipping. It needs to be adjusted but we decided to wait until putting in the new pulley. Perhaps today or tomorrow it will be put in. Out of every member here, I think I have the slowest IS35o stock. It has to be because of my wheels. There is nothing else I can think of. I have stock exhaust,I HAD the Fujita intake, bigger brakes, 19 x 10 rears,275 tires....maybe it is the ARC oil cap or the tint slowing me down. FYI, I paid in the 5k range ok? No more guessing. As long as my belt stops slipping, I am happy. Considering my brakes cost $2800 for two and my wheels retail at $700 each not including tires, the s/c price is not too bad. At least now, I don't have the slowest IS350 on this board.
Yeah I'm sure it's just the wheels causing the lower numbers on the dyno's. BTW.. I'm so jeolous of you for having a supercharger already! Looking forward to hearing how the engine holds up, 1/4 mile results, etc.
Old 08-21-06, 07:36 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not trying to slam the product or those that install them. I'm just disappointed that the power gain per dollar is so low. Forced induction was the absolute biggest bang per buck in my previous cars. I would expect to hear comments like "DAYUMM! This thing is a friggin' rocket!" after getting an S/C, but instead, I'm hearing "Yes you can defintely feel and hear it". LOL
Old 08-21-06, 08:10 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,064 Likes on 2,461 Posts

At nearly 12:1 static compression, where is the surprise?

Also, with a patented piston shape, who is going to seriously build pistons for this engine?
Old 08-21-06, 08:33 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
I'm not trying to slam the product or those that install them. I'm just disappointed that the power gain per dollar is so low. Forced induction was the absolute biggest bang per buck in my previous cars. I would expect to hear comments like "DAYUMM! This thing is a friggin' rocket!" after getting an S/C, but instead, I'm hearing "Yes you can defintely feel and hear it". LOL
LMS supercharger ($5000) is about a 20% gain in power. That isn't bad IMHO and matches the current price per hp as the $200 SRI available now (LMS, Fujita).

Bang per buck, take a look at the LMS and Fujita intakes available. You can spend upwards of $200+ for maybe 5hp over a stock 259hp dyno is about a .019 or 2% gain!

So basically around $200 for each 2% gain on this car. This supercharger kit that nets approx 50hp and at $200 per 2% gain to total the claimed 50hp increase in power = $5000 bucks.
Old 08-21-06, 08:49 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
LMS supercharger ($5000) is about a 20% gain in power. That isn't bad IMHO and matches the current price per hp as the $200 SRI available now (LMS, Fujita).

Bang per buck, take a look at the LMS and Fujita intakes available. You can spend upwards of $200+ for maybe 5hp over a stock 259hp dyno is about a .019 or 2% gain!

So basically around $200 for each 2% gain on this car. This supercharger kit that nets approx 50hp and at $200 per 2% gain to total the claimed 50hp increase in power = $5000 bucks.
Gernby's issue is that $5000 (which is probably 'in the biz' pricing) is not that great a bump in power compared to other FI applications. $5000 (consumer pricing) on a g35 or Z can get you ~400 rwhp (from 230-260 stock rwhp.)

As lobux stated, the high compression is what's keeping the potential down.
Old 08-21-06, 08:52 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by al503
As lobux stated, the high compression is what's keeping the potential down.
he's also running a larger pulley which he is swapping for a smaller one today or tomorrow. i bet he got the pulley for free and if not, it's more than likely less than $100.

Quick Reply: Supercharger IN!