Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Frustrated..lms S/c

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 04:43 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated..lms S/c

Ok, let me start by saying that I am in NO WAY slamming these guys, they have been very helpful along the way so far. SO, here's my story. I paid to have the Super Street kit installed last year in August. Everything went ok, I picked the car up and drove it home. 1 month later, i blew 2 piston rings driving to work, which is a 1.5 mile commute for me. Wasn't even boosting much at all. They said they didn't know how or why it happened, but I needed a new motor. So, there goes another few thousand for a new motor and having them reinstall everything. I drive the car to SEMA in November, everything is all good. Then earlier this year, I pop the hood one day because there was this bad noise, and i noticed that the bracket was cracked and 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the bracket on have the heads ripped off. So, I have to let the car sit in the garage for a month until i can make the 5 hour drive back to LA to drop it off.

I drop it off in June, they have the car until July 29th, over a month. I drive back down, pick the car up, and drive it home. I drive it for a week, then park it in the garage. I come out to drive it again on August 10th, and i hear the SAME noise that I head when the bracket was broken. I pop the hood, and now the main bolt that holds the pulley on the charger has ITS head broken off. Now the belt can slide off anytime.

So, here's my frustration. I've paid almost 10K in parts and labor, i've put less then 9K miles on the car in the past year, and i've had nothing but problems so far. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? Did i just get a string of bad luck? I don't smash on the car at all, i baby it, it's a full show car, not fast at all. I just find it hard to believe that I have had a blown motor, a broken bracket, and now a snapped bolt, all on the same kit, within a year.

Again, not slamming these guys because they have always been willing to work with me, but its just a tad frustrating to know that i could have had a TT block motor by now for the same price that i've paid to have all these problems.

Any similar experiences?
Old 08-17-06, 04:57 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. thats crazy. I've seen lots of horror stories over the IS forums about it. I have to admit I almost jumped on it as well cause the price was really attractive, but thank God I did not. Im still saving now for my TT swap now. Sorry to hear about your frustrations.
Old 08-18-06, 01:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

all i can tell you is i have known more than a few cars (300 engines) they worked on blew the engines already, in some cases more than once. how many still working i don't know, but i know at least 3 off the top of my head, which doesn't go any further than friend of my good friends, so it's not "i heard so" stories.

i have also heard about problems with brackets and belt slipping. not sure if that's the same problem you seeing though
Old 08-18-06, 06:53 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

You know what's crazy? Rominl has been a member since 2002 and has over 40,000 posts and bichkikr has been a member since 2001 and just has over 100 posts.
Old 08-18-06, 11:58 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha kaned - that was random?

that sucks though bich - what does LMS have to say about it? nothing is warrantied through them? i want to get an SC kit - saving up for one now since i don't want to take a loan out for it.. i hope i can just find a used RMM kit though lol good luck with your fixes