Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Hks Exhaust Is Here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-06, 12:39 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsquared
yeah i think that is sewell... that's their ebay acct... so if we can get a group buy, hopefully it should be 1200 shipped if not cheaper
yup, thats what im thinking.
Old 09-29-06, 12:41 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

The auctions aren't over yet and most likely they will sell for pretty much the same price as buying it from the dealer unless no one bids on them and there is a lower reserve price, etc.
Old 09-29-06, 12:45 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
The auctions aren't over yet and most likely they will sell for pretty much the same price as buying it from the dealer unless no one bids on them and there is a lower reserve price, etc.
i didnt even notice. i thought it was 'buy it now.' there is no reserve though... so if only 1 person bids thats all they are getting which means (at least i hope so) we can get it for less through a group buy.
Old 09-29-06, 12:45 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
good point, but there is no reserve and i'm banking on a group buy, so i'm not sure how much we can expect off if we even get a group buy, but at 1470 retail, i'm hoping to get it for $1300 shipped or less
Old 09-29-06, 12:46 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jsquared
good point, but there is no reserve and i'm banking on a group buy, so i'm not sure how much we can expect off if we even get a group buy, but at 1470 retail, i'm hoping to get it for $1300 shipped or less
If there is a group buy and the price is right I'm in.
Old 09-29-06, 01:20 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys Just Checked Out The Thread..* HKS Love It. Count Me In This Group Buy For The Right Price..*

p.s Is there any signature on the Xhaust that says HKS? Dont Seem Like It To Me..*
Old 09-29-06, 01:35 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

One other thing to note... If Lexus can use HKS Exhaust as their dealer option, it must be pretty good right? I mean, Lexus wouldn't use some joe schmoe stuff associated with their name brand.
Old 09-29-06, 02:10 PM
benlee02
Rookie

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
One other thing to note... If Lexus can use HKS Exhaust as their dealer option, it must be pretty good right? I mean, Lexus wouldn't use some joe schmoe stuff associated with their name brand.
Toyota(Lexus) and HKS has always worked together. HKS has made lots of parts for toyota. Like the Toyota MR2 Turbo, the turbo is a HKS Turbo on the stock MR2. Another car HKS has made parts for Toyota is the Supra TT. So its not a suprize that Lexus which is also Toyota, is working with HKS to build an exhaust for the IS.
Old 09-29-06, 03:01 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Are you guys nuts..........?

Your actually concidering buying a axel back for $1300 and marginal numbers? Insane......

You might as well go to a muffler shop and have a couple coffee cans welded on and a whistle tip while your at it.

At least you'd save a bunch and would have the wistles that go Woooooo.....

Sorry, but I won't spend a G ++ on "sounding cool".......
Old 09-29-06, 03:05 PM
jezza
Driver

I'm with ^^^^.

$1400??? You're insane to spend that kind of money on a noise. Especially when you could get the same effect at the local muffler shop for about $200.
Old 09-29-06, 03:06 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe we're crazy... but personally, i feel more comfortable with an exhaust coming through the dealer and a respectable aftermarket company. it is still covered by warranty, and we have seen and heard it. some of us don't mind dishing out the extra $$$ for an HKS exhaust and i'm sure HKS and Lexus wouldn't waste time developing this and making us wait a year and more for something that can be compared to "a couple coffee cans welded on and a whistle tip"
Old 09-29-06, 03:47 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by benlee02
Toyota(Lexus) and HKS has always worked together. HKS has made lots of parts for toyota. Like the Toyota MR2 Turbo, the turbo is a HKS Turbo on the stock MR2. Another car HKS has made parts for Toyota is the Supra TT. So its not a suprize that Lexus which is also Toyota, is working with HKS to build an exhaust for the IS.

I meant that HKS must be a decent company if Toyota wants to work with them...I know the relationship is pretty good, part of the benefit of working in the industry is knowing when things are released... especially from HKS.
Old 09-29-06, 05:23 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

1500$ is wayyy too much for an axle back. But it sounds pertty sweet, but I am not paying 1500$ for this. I dont drive a NSX.
Old 09-29-06, 05:27 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

I'd pay that for a full system without reservation, but c'mon.....who do they think they're fooling?
Old 09-29-06, 08:08 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by unit74
Are you guys nuts..........?

Your actually concidering buying a axel back for $1300 and marginal numbers? Insane......

You might as well go to a muffler shop and have a couple coffee cans welded on and a whistle tip while your at it.

At least you'd save a bunch and would have the wistles that go Woooooo.....

Sorry, but I won't spend a G ++ on "sounding cool".......
Don't remember this thread asking opinions on the perceived value of this mod! Lots of people are considering it and I doubt any of them are nuts. Just because you don't see the value does not make it nuts. To some of us, the G + + on "sounding cool" is not a big deal. I myself would like a better sounding exhaust and don't mind paying for it. It has value to me and I can easily afford $1500 dollars. Therefore I don't consider myself nuts and your opinion on how I spend my money means nothing to me or anyone else.

If you don't want to spend your money on it then don't and just leave it at that.

And no, going to your local muffler shop will not yield the sound results I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: New Hks Exhaust Is Here!!!!