Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HKS exhaust (pics & video)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 08:22 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Dyno proven by who? The only exhaust I've read about that delivers 9 HP is the LMS.
there was another fellow with the HKS exhaust, but on a 350. I forget who. He posted videos of his dyno runs..which showed a 9hp increase. I'll look for it.
Old 12-16-06, 06:08 PM
Hutch27
Driver

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
everyone sure is worried about having an HKS logo stamped on the exhaust. who cares, it sounds good, looks good, dyno proven to free up 9 extra ponies, and does not void your warranty..end of discussion
What's your point?
Old 12-16-06, 08:10 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hutch27
What's your point?
Are you kidding me? It's a performance exhaust, not a designer sports coat. Who cares if there isn't a brand name printed on it. I don't know about everyone else but I am more concerned about performance numbers than how big the HKS logo is on my titanium flamer tip, super dragger muffler looks like. But hey, to each his own. Welcome to CL BTW.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-16-06 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-16-06, 09:11 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you kidding me? It's a performance exhaust, not a designer sports coat. Who cares if there isn't a brand name printed on it. I don't know about everyone else but I am more concerned about performance numbers than how big the HKS logo is on my titanium flamer tip, super dragger muffler looks like. But hey, to each his own. Welcome to CL BTW.
I don't see why you are honing in on the HKS name plate either. Most people in this thread are concerned more about the difference in price, performance, and sound than the logo.
Old 12-17-06, 12:14 AM
Hutch27
Driver

I think you should read through the whole thread before making a comment. I would have bought the Lexus HKS exhaust along time ago if they were just going to engrave the HKS on the tip.
Old 12-17-06, 07:33 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Question

I think you should read through the whole thread before making a comment. I would have bought the Lexus HKS exhaust along time ago if they were just going to engrave the HKS on the tip.
I'm pretty sure I did. You basing your purchasing decision solely based on a stamped logo just proves my point even further.

Originally Posted by Gernby
I don't see why you are honing in on the HKS name plate either. Most people in this thread are concerned more about the difference in price, performance, and sound than the logo.
I am honing on the name plate?! I simply stated that everyone else is, and shouldn't be worried about a logo. So how am I stressing over a logo being stamped on the exhaust? I'm confused, I think you guys need to re-read my post.

I don't want to turn this into the thread jack of the century, so whatever you guys are right.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-17-06 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-18-06, 09:20 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

sounds awesome
Old 12-18-06, 10:21 PM
Hutch27
Driver

[QUOTE=Hutch27;2304762]
I'm pretty sure I did. You basing your purchasing decision solely based on a stamped logo just proves my point even further.

How have you proved your point?

So, your saying that the new HKS version exhaust will be no different than the Lexus Hks version exhaust other than the stamped Hks logo. If that's the case, your confused.
Old 12-18-06, 11:05 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MIAMIS250
sounds awesome

lol what a random first post, welcome to the club
Old 12-19-06, 06:52 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=Hutch27;2304768]

How have you proved your point?

So, your saying that the new HKS version exhaust will be no different than the Lexus Hks version exhaust other than the stamped Hks logo. If that's the case, your confused.
Are you even reading my post? At no point did I mention anything about the HKS exhaust being similar to the Lexus OEM sport exhaust. Clearly you are mistaken as I have been talking about the Lexus OEM exhaust the whole time. My argument is that people are too worried about a brand name being stamped on the OEM version. I dont even know what you are talking about...quite frankly it seems as though we are looking at two different threads. I am definitely confused anywho, I am waiting for alex350 to sell me his exhaust, $350 is not a bad deal at all

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-19-06 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-19-06, 10:21 PM
Hutch27
Driver

everyone sure is worried about having an HKS logo stamped on the exhaust. who cares, it sounds good, looks good, dyno proven to free up 9 extra ponies, and does not void your warranty..end of discussion
Freak!! If you weren't talking about the HKS exhaust then who posted the quote above?

Alex350, if what your selling is the HKS oem exhaust, I will give you $450.00 shipped for it. At least you should sell it someone that knows what they are buying.

Last edited by Hutch27; 12-19-06 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-20-06, 07:27 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Freak!! If you weren't talking about the HKS exhaust then who posted the quote above?

Alex350, if what your selling is the HKS oem exhaust, I will give you $450.00 shipped for it. At least you should sell it someone that knows what they are buying.
What is the purpose of that comment? It's almost seems like you are here to start an argument over something you clearly have no grasp of. Since you're new here let me direct you to one of DaveGS4's threads. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192, Please read this.

Seeing how there is only one available HKS exhaust at the moment, you could have put two and two together and come to the conclusion that I was talking about the OEM sport exhaust, not the HKS exhaust being developed & released later on. If you read the whole post, you can see I mention the warranty will not be voided if installed, that should've been a huge cue as to what I was talking about. Also, can you indicate to me anywhere in that post where I mention anything about the OEM sport exhaust being similar to the one HKS will be releasing? oh you can't? that's because that was never written. So let's stop this back and forth nonsense.

Oh I forgot to mention this, Welcome to Club Lexus. I hope your time here is well spent.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-20-06 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-20-06, 11:59 AM
HKS JZS161
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just posted some teaser pics of the HKS Hi-Power exhaust...

Here....
Old 12-20-06, 12:00 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

^ ok end of argument. Back to discussion about the HKS exhaust
Old 12-21-06, 06:57 AM
06LexIS
Driver

Too bad your IS is an auto, I would like to hear a 6SPD row thru the gears like my IS with that exhaust. You can send the exh. to me and I'll test it 4 ya jk..
Sounds great and I like the muffler/tip combo, but for $1400 I could make my own way cheaper..
I hope Lexus will incorporate the HKS exhaust on the IS-F or at least be given the option to order the IS-F with it..

Quick Reply: HKS exhaust (pics & video)