Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP, opinion needed, FI issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 12:10 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my update

Thus far, there isn't really an update, other than they are still claiming no fault. I submitted a complaint with the State bureau of auto repair, they did an investigation, tried to mitigate, and the shop refused, saying he felt he had a better chance at winning in court. This was a month ago. That's where I didn't want to go, but I have no other options. The car has been fixed by another shop and has run like a champ ever since. It's N/A now of course, but not a single check engine light or problem since, and I still have the same heavy system in the trunk, etc, so OBVIOUSLY that wasn't the issue. The shop that did fix it found that the stock fuel line was bent, thus cutting off lots of fuel when it should have been delivering more, hence, the engine(s) blowing. Does that make sense to you all? Not enough fuel + boost = blown motors? I know some were saying they thought it was too rich, but that sounds too lean to me. Not sure, as im no mechanic, but that's what they say happened. You tell me if that sounds correct?
Old 03-24-08, 01:29 PM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

if it was too lean........oh yeah that's where you got your blown motor from!!!! you should have your second shop state that in a letter and you should win your case in court! GL
Old 11-03-08, 12:17 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

So, i thought you guys would all like to see the closure to this one. After all the drama, we finally had our day in court today, and I lost the case. Even though i had all the documentation and the bent fuel line with me as evidence, the judge said that i couldn't prove that LMS actually bent it. So much for reasonable doubt huh? Thanks everyone for all the help and comments, i really appreciate it.