Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

k&n intake VS Fujita intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-06, 03:59 PM
nmes923
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and the dealership shouldnt complain about anything when i take it in for service...?
Old 10-22-06, 05:39 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nmes923
and the dealership shouldnt complain about anything when i take it in for service...?
No I wouldn't think so. I had a k&n on my IS300 the entire time I had the car and my dealer never said anything and performed numerous repairs covered by the warranty..
Old 10-23-06, 08:05 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by nmes923
This goes with any mod.. the only time the warranty won't cover something, is when the issue on the car can be directly related to the mod. If something goes wrong BECAUSE of a mod, then the dealership won't cover the work. They also won't fix any issues with the mod itself, obviously.
Old 11-22-06, 08:23 PM
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

alrite i dont see why ppl hype over diff intakes but... a intake is nothing more then a pipe and a filter. U can use any combo u want, but it comes down to piping and a filter. I have the LMS intake with a AEM Synthetic airfilter with a custom alluminum heat shield. And although my heat shield looks lik crap it works. I only wished that k&n sold the heat shield seperatly so i could junk my alluminum one. ahem* ok back 2 the topic. The Fujita intake, LMS intake, and K&N intake all have high functional pipes. *They actually all look alike.* Both LMS and Fujita come without a heat shield, but K&N does. LMS uses K&N filter, Fujita im not sure, and K&N uses well a K&N filter. So basically the LMS and K&N r alike except one has a heat shield. IMHO buy the cheapest one and fab a heat shield or buy the K&N if ur not "mechanically savy" i think LMS might be developing a heat shield for the IS350 like they did for other intakes? but im not sure I think Fujita throws intakes out on the market too fast without R&D. and WOW i get a bag, hat, and sum other useless crap. i chose LMS because the system looked nice and clean. and since LMS stood for LUXURY motorsports i thought it'd be nice. cause then when sum1 walks up to me and goes, "MAN wat brand intake do u have?" i can say LUXURY(emphasize) motorsports. and they'd be lik WOW! but if i said Fujita they'd be like.. wow cough*ricer*cough. but thats just me i dont think a 1 degree bend in fujita will gain 5 HP or a 3 degree tilt will give me 7 on a K&N, and my LMS is far superiror. SO regardless of wat setup u do, congrats. I like mine because its "custom" LMS pipe, AEM synthetic filter, and a TLP_IS350 alluminum heat shield. haha