Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZ-GTE | NA-T or Full Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-06, 11:41 PM
Eritsuke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZ-GTE | NA-T or Full Swap

I did a little searching on the board. I was reading a couple of posts on the 1SC site and looking at their swaps or NA-Ts that they have set up. I just was wondering a few things. I went to l-tunedparts.com and I saw that there was a Getrag 6 speed tranny for sale as one of the parts for the 1IS.

Now for the questions:

1. On a difficulty of 1-10, and 10 being the hardest, how hard is it to swap the block of the Supra into the 1IS?

2. What custom things do you need, such as engine mounts, tranny mounts and other misc. items that I would need to do the swap.

3. Can I see pics of owner's 1IS please, I want to examples of a Supra swap into the engine bay.

Thanks a lot, the reason why I'm writing this post is because I've been having a bit of bad luck lately with my cars. My commuter, which is a Celica, got a hit and run, and my Supra, got rear ended by some ***** head driving an E63AMG. When I had the adjuster come by, he told me that the frame was bent and I can salvage the engine and whatever parts I want out of the car, or I can sell it to the junkyard. So I want to get some information because I have a friend selling a 5MT IS300 right now and I wanted to get on it if this swap is easy. Thanks again.
Old 11-06-06, 01:32 AM
Eritsuke
Driver

Okay, so I went to the SupraForums website and was snooping around a little bit to see what kind of swap or how hard it'll be because I can't find anything here on it. From what I learned, you can do anything because nothing will be a bolt on. You can't just drop it in, you need custom mounts, a custom bottom end, a custom oil pan, even the Getrag 6 speed needs to get customized. The person that did it already to his car said he spent too much money and that if he can go back, he doesn't think he would do it, he would've just gone NA-T with his car because it would've been an easier route. I don't know how he can complain though when he has a 650whp car.
Old 11-18-06, 10:00 PM
DemonIS300
Driver

that really depends on your budget............if you really want to find out, go to My.IS and search threads made by IS300GTE and GoldIS. IS300gte did the american 2jzgte swap which he said was a pain and custom everything, GoldIS did it with JDM vvti 2jzgte and everything bolts on, just a few custom thing.....If you are planning for 600+ rwhp, then you are gonna spend alot of money.
Old 11-19-06, 10:15 AM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

don't forget this one completed by Bruce Nomura of Nomura Tuning and Design...clean as can be...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=nomura

"In addition to the VVTi, 2JZ-GTE engine, we've also installed the stronger and much bigger 4-spd automatic, E-shift tranny found in the TT Supra/Aristo. (btw, which goes down to 1st gear) Installing an aftermarket turbo and/or a manual transmission would have been the easier route, for this would've eliminated fitment problems, the complicated sequential twin turbo system and the incredible amount of re-wiring involved. Literally most every additional or modified part is a genuine Lexus/Toyota part...Did anyone notice the relocated ABS/TRAC unit and with factory hard tubing?
Although getting all this to fit, appear, function and perform as a factory car was the most difficult task, it is what makes this IS V300 so unique. Japanese refer to this as shibui"
Old 12-02-06, 02:22 AM
Eritsuke
Driver

Thanks DPRSupra, you actually shined a little bit of light on the situation that I had, I was wondering how I was going to make that work. I guess I'll call Bruce.
Old 12-02-06, 07:14 AM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

no problem let me know if you need anything else
Old 12-17-06, 07:05 AM
Lekusasu
Driver School Candidate

2JZ-GTE all the way baby!!!