Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Injen Intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06, 07:17 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The real question is... Why are we still getting excited over an intake? We have several to chose from already, all of which perform pretty close to identical to the other and none of which provides significant gains over stock. I'll start getting excited when I see some real mods hit the 2IS scene.
Old 11-26-06, 07:37 PM
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

well its the first intake that has reputation for quality and gains. yea a supercharger or turbo would be nice but our engine compartment is so compact, im not sure one could fit? or maybe headers for the 350
Old 11-26-06, 08:59 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Fujita was started by the same people that started Injen, The guy is on here I think his name is RT350, so you are probably getting essentially the same product.
Old 11-26-06, 09:59 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not a big fan of intakes, but i would say the fujita seems to have better quality clamps and hardware as opposed to the pepboys style hose clamps that alot of other intakes come with. Not that makes a difference on the dyno.......
Im still considering a JoeZ midpipe since it does actually help replacing the soft rubber hose, i have always done it. both my v6 accord and my Tc had metal mid pipes, and where i live (fresno) during the summer it can get pretty hot anything that helps combat heatsoak is alright in my book.
Old 11-27-06, 05:52 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

nice! worked and sounded great on my G. cant wait for it to come out in this application!
Old 11-27-06, 08:32 AM
Jdmekcivic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TLP_IS350
man thats pretty kool that they used ur car as the prototype *Jdmekcivic* hey just wondering, does the injen intake have a heatshield? or is it enclosed like the Powerflow series?
Truthfully, I have not seen the finished product or my car in over 3 months. The car went to SEMA and was in the Seibon booth. I have yet to see the dyno numbers and what dyno that it was done on but the figure that was told to me was around 19hp to the wheels from what I was told (with the exhaust also). That seems VERY high to me since I have seen many other dynos with other intakes in the 2-7hp range. Hopefully it is correct because that would be great from an intake and exhaust! I am hoping to get my car back today so I will shoot some pics and post them as soon as I have it back.
Old 11-27-06, 08:35 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jdmekcivic
Truthfully, I have not seen the finished product or my car in over 3 months. The car went to SEMA and was in the Seibon booth. I have yet to see the dyno numbers and what dyno that it was done on but the figure that was told to me was around 19hp to the wheels from what I was told (with the exhaust also). That seems VERY high to me since I have seen many other dynos with other intakes in the 2-7hp range. Hopefully it is correct because that would be great from an intake and exhaust! I am hoping to get my car back today so I will shoot some pics and post them as soon as I have it back.
wow 19 hp? what exhaust do you have?
Old 11-27-06, 09:25 AM
lexKimmel
Driver

Originally Posted by Jdmekcivic

Looking forward to pics. Also what exhaust you have does injen make exhaust?
Old 11-27-06, 09:26 AM
Jdmekcivic
Pole Position

I can't tell you what the exhaust is yet since it is not out and just a prototype. All I can tell you is that my Tanabe is up for sale now that I have this one....

Yeah, 19 seems high to me also, that is why I wanted to see how the dyno printout reads. I will let you know hopefully later today.....
Old 11-27-06, 09:41 AM
lexKimmel
Driver

I just got off the phone with injen and they did say they were working on an exhaust but it prob. would not be out for a while.
Old 11-27-06, 11:07 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems like as good of a place as any to ask some general questions about intake mods without creating a new thread so everyone can laugh at my ignorance...

Do intakes have an audible effect when the engine is running, similar to exhausts?

Also, are there any power/torque sacrfices at lower RPMs, again, similar to some exhausts?

I guess that's all I can think of for now. 'Preciate the help.
Old 11-27-06, 11:18 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
This seems like as good of a place as any to ask some general questions about intake mods without creating a new thread so everyone can laugh at my ignorance...

Do intakes have an audible effect when the engine is running, similar to exhausts?

Also, are there any power/torque sacrfices at lower RPMs, again, similar to some exhausts?

i think MOST of the intakes out can only be heard at higher rpms. and as with exhausts, some will have sacrifies at lower rpms as well. there are some dyno sheets in some intake threads so you can see for yourself.
Old 11-27-06, 11:20 AM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3

go rox!!!!

if you haven't, check out clutchfans.net
Old 11-27-06, 04:18 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
Of course I visit that site, hehe. I don't really like the flake who runs the site, but the BBS is pretty cool.

And thanks, jsquared. I guess I'll have to look up some of those dynos.
Old 11-27-06, 04:41 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
Im not a big fan of intakes, but i would say the fujita seems to have better quality clamps and hardware as opposed to the pepboys style hose clamps that alot of other intakes come with. Not that makes a difference on the dyno.......
Im still considering a JoeZ midpipe since it does actually help replacing the soft rubber hose, i have always done it. both my v6 accord and my Tc had metal mid pipes, and where i live (fresno) during the summer it can get pretty hot anything that helps combat heatsoak is alright in my book.
How is swapping a rubber pipe with a metal one going to help with heat soak?

Quick Reply: Injen Intake!!!