Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Interesting Engine Swap Possibility?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 03:49 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interesting Engine Swap Possibility?

I know this is a far stretch, but do you think it is possible to swap in a LS7/6 Speed complete Z06 setup? I got the idea from the thread in the main forum, but in reality it would probably be the ultimate setup. Does anyone know/think that this may be in any chance possible? I know it would require alot of fabrication, but is there anything that anyone can think of that would make it absolutely impossible to do? This thread is more for the topic of discussion, but I would like to hear everyones thoughts. If not the LS7, what does everyone else think the ultimate swap would be. I'd say good luck beating the LS7 though being all motor and approaching 600hp all motor with just bolt-ons and yet still fuel efficient. Let the debates begin.
Old 11-27-06, 04:34 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't those motors 16K and you will need a t56 tranny? since the Corvette trannys wont work?

Its def. possible, but not worth it IMO. You can build a 1000hp 2j for less than it will cost to finish up a LS7 swap/.
Old 11-27-06, 05:10 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the motors are expensive and I am sure it is not easy by any means, but in my thinking it is the ultimate setup. Sure you can build a 1000hp 2JZ, but the powerband sucks because it is so narrow and you also deal with tuning and all the other gremlins associated with forced induction. 700-800hp Vettes beat on 1000hp Supras on the street due to having such a broad powerband. Sure racing on the freeway the 2JZ should rule, but everywhere else it gets womped on unless it is setup for drag only. It's hard to beat a car with a solid powerband. I am not ragging on the 2JZ by any means, its the best factory motor, but I'd like to see a torquey GS with good top end to boot.
Old 11-27-06, 06:21 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've thought of this for a long time. just a LS1 and a 6 speed mt would be awesome. I think it's very doable. the stock rear end should hold up.

one could buy a high mile or blown up GS300 and get a LSxmotor/trans/custom driveshaft and fuel/electric.........

makes me drool to think about it!
Old 11-27-06, 06:24 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can agree with you that the powerband does suck on most 1000hp 2js, but have you ever been in a HKS twin supra making 800rwhp? so much nicer.

I used to have a 74mm built 2jz SC that made 830rwhp and I agree, the lag sucked, but top end, I would pretty much rape anything.

I would suggest looking into building the stock toyota..1/2 even 3UZ motor.

Cowboy Bebop over on supraforums is building a 4.7l one and should be very impressive. CHeck out the link. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=388456
Old 11-29-06, 09:16 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I can agree with you that the powerband does suck on most 1000hp 2js, but have you ever been in a HKS twin supra making 800rwhp? so much nicer.

I used to have a 74mm built 2jz SC that made 830rwhp and I agree, the lag sucked, but top end, I would pretty much rape anything.

I would suggest looking into building the stock toyota..1/2 even 3UZ motor.

Cowboy Bebop over on supraforums is building a 4.7l one and should be very impressive. CHeck out the link. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=388456
just get the hks twin turbo setup and call it a day. 1000 rwhp with a nice powerband.