Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What? How are you supposed to do that? (K&N intake installation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 10:27 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very true. Atleast they are eager to learn, do things right, and save a few bucks. I honestly prefer doing mods myself. I've seen alot of shortcut halfass jobs and i am scared to bring my car to a place where i do not trust. i take my time and do it right. if i am stressed, i can park it, and atleast the car can be garaged and i will take another.

take it easy, if in doubt, take pics and post here.

goodluck
Old 12-08-06, 06:33 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he's worried about disconnecting a battery...telling him to mess with the fuse cluster is probably not a good idea.
Old 12-08-06, 07:41 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Angry Give the guy a break!!!

istundra & tt061880 I don't get why you have to hate on this guy?

Just because we may not know the answer to your stupid quiz or in his case, he needs help disconnecting his battery, that doesn't make us idiots!! I guess in your minds, every newborn baby who doesn't know his/her ABC's is retarded!

Everyone has to start somewhere, no need to mock the guy. That was completely uncalled for and unnecessary.

Grow up!
Old 12-08-06, 07:58 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mctuners
Don't know why ppl want to make a fun of some1, who wants to get some help. Everyone had 1st time to learn about cars.. and we should value his willingness to do things on his car by himself. To me, it looks much better than those others who don't know anything about cars, but just taking to the shop.
sorry.. it was very immature of me...

and from another post... i agree that it is standard procedure to disconnect battery before working on your car. There are things that you might accidentally move which may disconnect a wire which has a current running through it.
Old 12-08-06, 08:02 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
sorry.. it was very immature of me...

and from another post... i agree that it is standard procedure to disconnect battery before working on your car. There are things that you might accidentally move which may disconnect a wire which has a current running through it.
Well at least your were mature enough to apologize!

Anyways, post some pics when you are done with the install and let us know how it goes! Good Luck!
Old 12-08-06, 08:14 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

keep on doing it. That's the only way you learn thing....If you don't understand anything, just come back here and ask, I'm sure someone can help you in this great forum...
Old 12-08-06, 08:17 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Buds

Just because we may not know the answer to your stupid quiz or in his case, he needs help disconnecting his battery, that doesn't make us idiots!! I guess in your minds, every newborn baby who doesn't know his/her ABC's is retarded!

Everyone has to start somewhere, no need to mock the guy. That was completely uncalled for and unnecessary.

Grow up!
exactly.....
Old 12-08-06, 09:10 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buds

Grow up!

my apology, I honestly didn't think he was serious. I thought he was pulling a joke on us. We don't drive cars in my country(I see a car on the street probably once a year) and english is my second language but that instruction is a no brainer. I'm not mocking the guy or anything I just thought that if a guy from a third world country like me can understand it then anyone else could also, no pun intended.
Old 12-08-06, 10:28 AM
istundra
Pole Position

LOL.

OK people. For whomever that is crying... You Need A Hug!

Read this if you overlooked it.
Very true. Atleast they are eager to learn, do things right, and save a few bucks. I honestly prefer doing mods myself. I've seen alot of shortcut halfass jobs and i am scared to bring my car to a place where i do not trust. i take my time and do it right. if i am stressed, i can park it, and atleast the car can be garaged and i will take another.

take it easy, if in doubt, take pics and post here.
Old 12-08-06, 11:41 AM
Hutch27
Driver

Originally Posted by MYIS350
How funny! I'm stuck on the first step of the installation of K&N typhoon intake. It says, "Turn the ignition OFF (i KNOW how to do that) and disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable." How am I suppoed to disconnect that? Am I supposed to unscrew the cable on the negative terminal of the battery? Also, is there any safety issue involved? Please enlighten me! Thank you!
The bad thing about disconnecting the battery is that is will reset everything that you have set on the car.
Old 12-08-06, 12:16 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

no it doesnt
Old 12-08-06, 12:30 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hutch27
The bad thing about disconnecting the battery is that is will reset everything that you have set on the car.
It will only reset a few things... such as automatic windows. that only takes about 5 seconds each window.. so that is not a problem. the stations, bluetooth phone book, and other things in the NAV will still be there.

you do not have to unplug the battery.. but it is merely protocol for all installation.
Old 12-08-06, 01:15 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you purchase the intake and how much?

(I've searched and found them, but just curious where you got yours from)
Old 12-08-06, 01:32 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hutch27
It depends how long you leave it disconnected. If you pull power from the system for 30 minutes, you will lose all personalized settings (radio presets, etc.). That was why I posted the alternative procedure earlier - using that method accomplishes the same thing while preserving all of the saved settings.

Javier
Old 12-08-06, 03:12 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Yes... Was it the ECM fuse method?

Quick Reply: What? How are you supposed to do that? (K&N intake installation)