Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Thank you SRT for making such a sweet intake!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 09:16 AM
paray
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I have a custom cold air intake on my 03 GS 300 and I have been getting the check engine light. Are you guys saying that if I was to swich to SRT that the light would go away along with the power increase? Will it take away from my low end like the one currently installed? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks
Old 01-09-07, 08:30 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What CEL do you get?
Old 01-09-07, 08:40 PM
400 Degrez
Driver

Hey Mike I also have a plat what kinda issues have you been having with yours
Old 01-09-07, 10:01 PM
paray
Driver School Candidate

The check engine sign and the vsc off sign. I took it to auto zone and I believe that it was saying that it was running too lean.
Old 01-10-07, 04:06 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are runing lean that means too much air, not enough fuel. I assume you are running your intake with no sort of fuel compensation (via ecu signal). Not a great idea. You would be better off getting a new intake with an appropriate piggyback system, it will make probably just as much power and be better for your motor. Lean=Boom
Old 01-10-07, 04:55 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I would get an SAFC and have a shop tune it for you. Cold air intake, plus fuel comphensation can lead to more power
Old 01-11-07, 09:20 AM
paray
Driver School Candidate

ok thanks alot. i just ordered an srt intake for it. im guessing that will fix the problem.
Old 01-15-07, 10:17 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paray
The check engine sign and the vsc off sign. I took it to auto zone and I believe that it was saying that it was running too lean.
vsc has nothing to do with your intake. that's your traction control. how would autozone know your car was running lean. did they hook up a wideband and read your a/f ratio. your maf sensor read the air coming into the engine and your O2 sensors read the exhaust coming from your engine and if it's too lean or too rich the computor will try to adjust your a/f ratio. your engine light coming on is something else.
Old 01-17-07, 04:27 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paray
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I have a custom cold air intake on my 03 GS 300 and I have been getting the check engine light. Are you guys saying that if I was to swich to SRT that the light would go away along with the power increase? Will it take away from my low end like the one currently installed? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks
What CEL code # did you get It makes a difference, it could be lean in left bank, right bank in the MAF area. getting an SRT may not solve anything if something unrelated is causing it.
Was the intake fine for a long time and now ust setting off check engin light or did it do when you first put on the intake?
See CEL code # and how large is your custom intake 2.5",3",3.5"?

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
vsc has nothing to do with your intake. that's your traction control. how would autozone know your car was running lean. did they hook up a wideband and read your a/f ratio. your maf sensor read the air coming into the engine and your O2 sensors read the exhaust coming from your engine and if it's too lean or too rich the computor will try to adjust your a/f ratio. your engine light coming on is something else.
The VSC off light does come on with some CEL codes I know its odd but it comes w/ some codes that unrelated.
Old 01-17-07, 09:14 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"GILLEXUS The VSC off light does come on with some CEL codes I know its odd but it comes w/ some codes that unrelated."

i didn't know that. could it be because it's related to throttle body.