Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Medalion choices? also header??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-06, 03:31 PM
ehlersjake
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Medalion choices? also header??

Ok so which one is better? I understand that the Ultra is the best one because it is made out of titanium so that I understand. But my question is all the specs for tube and tip diameter are the same 60MM tube and 100MM tip. So the only difference in the cat back systems are the mufflers, is this what I am understanding? Which systems are you guys running? I am going to get an exhaust soon so I need some info. Also besides the tanabe what else is comparable or better? Anything here guys/girls can't be sexist, would help.
Oh this is my first post on this board I have a first gen IS300.
Thanks
While we are on the exhaust topic which header should I get? What should I get that runs from the header to the cat. I am looking for a complete exhaust sytem that isn't going to burn up 02 sensors like there free. Help.
Jake
Old 02-10-07, 09:47 PM
Carbon~IS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the only difference is the muffler itself, the only difference would be the sound that the muffler makes. I have HKS CarbonTI on my IS, and will recommend it to anyone.

As far as Headers/Y-pipes go, it depends on what you want out of it. Low-end torque, top-end power. Here is a list of most of the headers made for the IS:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t...1&pp=30#Header

PS:Might want to search around for the header to y-pipe gasket issue (exhaust leaks) if you mix stock to aftermarket.
Old 02-15-07, 02:04 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Medalion Touring for the Lexus IS300 '00-'05. 60mm thin-walled piping for lighter weight using full SUS304 stainless construction. Slim-line oval canister, and a special dual wall, angle-cut 100mm tip diameter. Under 93db. Part #T70038. Available now through supported vendors.

Last edited by Tanabe USA; 02-15-07 at 02:13 PM.