Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Borla Exhaust Is Out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 10:08 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Anybody got a pic of what the stock system looks like underneath on the IS ?
Borla's systems are normally the quietest of all, and their mufflers normally outflow everyone else except in some cases for DynoMax.

With 2 factory Cats remaing, each one controlling only 3 cylinders, the car should still pass emissions. That has been the case on the GS4 and SC4 with has 3 cats. Many have deleted the center Cat and still been fine.

As far as the emissions laws I think you can " replace " the Cats, as long as the replacement cats still allow the car to pass emissions.

I bet that Borla systems rocks. Here are some performance cats that would help it out and are still legal http://www.randomtechnology.com/
Old 01-04-07, 10:14 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm an engineer too, and like to document things well (see piggy-back ECU in sig). I'll also do a before / after video similar to this one.
Old 01-04-07, 10:27 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drop you some cash tommorow, when i have money. :-\
Old 01-04-07, 10:53 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I just sent you $20 towards testing. Good luck man!
Old 01-04-07, 11:48 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Thanks again guys!

I am a little disappointed with this vendor at the moment. Their website doesn't provide any way to check order status, and I didn't even receive an email notification of the order. All I got was my online receipt with an order number. I guess I'll have to just email them every few days to see if they know when it will ship.
Old 01-04-07, 12:07 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

phone #? i'd be calling...especially since its a good bit under MSRP. might not have it in stock, usually thats what means when you don't get any status information
Old 01-04-07, 12:43 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uschardcor
yes Linh, it seems they are resonators.

As far as street use, and cat removal. well this is pretty damn mind twisting...

i've sent them another email trying to clarify that there IS a set of secondary cats, and that they are non-existent on the new exhaust. Maybe the second buldge after the primary cats, aren't cats at all, something else maybe. dunno guys i'll let ya know.

p.s.
lobux get the hell in here
those are definitely 2 small resonators and NOT highflow cats?
Old 01-04-07, 01:02 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

definitely? no. in fact for borla to be so adamant bout it being completely legal, they just might be that. but typically borla throws on in-line resonators. and considering the location, compared to stock, they are probably resonators.
Old 01-04-07, 01:25 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

I want to get this exhaust now. Anyone want to buy my LMS catback exhaust for real cheap? Let me know
Old 01-04-07, 01:40 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uschardcor
phone #? i'd be calling...especially since its a good bit under MSRP. might not have it in stock, usually thats what means when you don't get any status information
It turns out that the vendor I purchased from has more than one website running off the same underlying database. I purchased from ******************.com which doesn't have a "Track Order" feature. However, if I enter my order number and email address on the "Track Order" page at thepartsbin.com, it comes up. Weird ...
Old 01-04-07, 02:01 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

That is weird Gernby.. I hope it finds it's way to you and SOON!! Glad you live local maybe when we all get together you can show up and demo it 4 us
Old 01-04-07, 02:19 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

there is no bolt on cat back system for the IS, thank lexus for putting flanges after the resonator instead of before it

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 01-04-07 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-04-07, 03:54 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
That is weird Gernby.. I hope it finds it's way to you and SOON!! Glad you live local maybe when we all get together you can show up and demo it 4 us
You local guys are welcome to come to the dyno session, but I do plan on attending some of the regional CL member gatherings.
Old 01-04-07, 03:59 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
It turns out that the vendor I purchased from has more than one website running off the same underlying database. I purchased from ******************.com which doesn't have a "Track Order" feature. However, if I enter my order number and email address on the "Track Order" page at thepartsbin.com, it comes up. Weird ...
If you payed by Credit Card. Call the CC company, if they charged it they will be able to give you a number to who got the money.
Old 01-04-07, 04:45 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jgscott
If you payed by Credit Card. Call the CC company, if they charged it they will be able to give you a number to who got the money.
I'm not thinking they are scamming me. There are phone numbers, and they have replied to my emails. It is just weird that the 2 websites offer the exact same products for the exact same prices with similar webpage functionality, but have different phone numbers and different appearances; and especially weird that I can't track my order on the website that I ordered from, but I CAN track my order on the one I didn't order from.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust Is Out!!!