Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Borla Exhaust Is Out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 01:01 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
I just spoke with Borla sales on the phone, and the salesman said he just got the memo that this product has been put on the "no sale list" due to the removal of cats. They may have shipped some of them already since they have them on their shelves, and there are currently no open orders for them. I hope that mine was one of those that may have shipped before all of our inquiries about it changed their minds about selling it.

I REALLY wish the issue about cats hadn't been pressed with them ...
CRAP that really stinks. So much for a dyno test on this exhaust. Even if you were to get it and do a before and after...would be of no use to the rest of us.
Old 01-08-07, 01:09 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
CRAP that really stinks. So much for a dyno test on this exhaust. Even if you were to get it and do a before and after...would be of no use to the rest of us.
True dat ... For those of you that sent dyno test funding, I'll go to PayPal and reject them ...
Old 01-08-07, 01:34 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

It has also been pulled from their website
Old 01-08-07, 01:44 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

It has also been pulled from their website
In your case I really hope you get the product you ordered. You'll be one lucky guy!
Old 01-08-07, 01:58 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess custom is still the way to go?
Old 01-08-07, 02:02 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
In your case I really hope you get the product you ordered. You'll be one lucky guy!
It turns out that my order was never even placed by ******************.com / ThePartsBin.com. They apparently have a policy that all orders are automatically voided if the part is out of stock. Unfortunately, they never even notified me by phone or email. so I just found out after calling 3 different numbers to call centers in India. One of the guys even had me on hold for 40 minutes before I hung up and got the same friggin' guy again! He sounded doped up, and acted surprised that I was upset. What a LOUSY experience ...
Old 01-08-07, 02:46 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I'm not thinking they are scamming me. There are phone numbers, and they have replied to my emails. It is just weird that the 2 websites offer the exact same products for the exact same prices with similar webpage functionality, but have different phone numbers and different appearances; and especially weird that I can't track my order on the website that I ordered from, but I CAN track my order on the one I didn't order from.
This is the reason why I said get the tel # from you CC Company. Not because you thought they were scamming you. The Merchant tel # the CC company has is always the most important one that will help you the most because they know the next thing will be a charge back, if not.

And that does Suck. Take a order for something you " Never " had in stock.
Old 01-08-07, 02:48 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jgscott
This is the reason why I said get the tel # from you CC Company. Not because you thought they were scamming you. The Merchant tel # the CC company has is always the most important one that will help you the most because they know the next thing will be a charge back, if not.
AFAIK, the charge never even hit my credit card. I just checked.
Old 01-08-07, 03:29 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gernby, if you know a decent shop in DFW that can do the custom job with some magnaflow's i'll be the test dummy. I would have liked to have purchased the borla, but like linh811 said, I think custom is the way to go. I still can't tell from reading the threads if bypassing the 2nd set of cats will throw up an error. I think 07txlex or someone told me that only the first set of cats is monitored by the sensor. I am totally down to bypass the 2nd set and have someone here in DFW weld me up custom job. I am only after HP gains and not sound. I guess I could even use the stock mufflers. How much gain do you think one would get by just bypassing the 2nd set of cats?

Also have you messed with your ecu lately? You were screwing around with that for a while. I guess I can go back and read that thread.
Old 01-08-07, 04:24 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by combfilter
Gernby, if you know a decent shop in DFW that can do the custom job with some magnaflow's i'll be the test dummy. I would have liked to have purchased the borla, but like linh811 said, I think custom is the way to go. I still can't tell from reading the threads if bypassing the 2nd set of cats will throw up an error. I think 07txlex or someone told me that only the first set of cats is monitored by the sensor. I am totally down to bypass the 2nd set and have someone here in DFW weld me up custom job. I am only after HP gains and not sound. I guess I could even use the stock mufflers. How much gain do you think one would get by just bypassing the 2nd set of cats?

Also have you messed with your ecu lately? You were screwing around with that for a while. I guess I can go back and read that thread.
I'm thinking toward doing the same thing regarding the custom cat removal, but I'm not going to post publicly about it if I actually do it. If I find someone willing to help, I'll let you know. There are a few options that I'm considering:

1) Buy a cheap welder ($110) and do it myself after doing a LOT of practice welds on scrap pieces.
2) Drive 120 miles to a buddy's house so he can help me do it since he has the tools and plenty of experience.
3) Do a REALLY crappy job myself with clamps, and let the local muffler shop guy fix it (he said he would).

I'm not all that concerned about the look or sound either, and think the 2nd cats are the first thing that need to go. The 2nd cats are TOTALLY unmonitored by the ECU, so there is no chance of problems there. If it dynos well after removing them, then I will probably stop there. I really doubt the stock resonator and mufflers are that restrictive, so the only other thing I would consider is some sort of "true dual" with an X-pipe conversion.

Actually, I'm thinking about running my "roto-rooter" toilet thing through my stock mufflers to see how straight they are...

Regarding my piggy-back ECU, it's still running perfectly, but I haven't worked on it in over a month. The holiday thing totally screwed my rythm, but I plan on getting back on it soon.
Old 01-08-07, 05:07 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sending you a pm, since I am getting off topic here.
Old 01-08-07, 06:47 PM
IStreefidy
Pole Position

well. this sucks. you think they would have figured this out ahead of time. any plans of them making a different one?
Old 01-08-07, 06:56 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I think they did know ahead of time unless they are totally stupid. My belief is that they backed off the product when they started getting calls about it's legality from CL members.
Old 01-09-07, 03:33 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

What a...

Back to the drawing boards huh
Old 01-09-07, 04:22 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Damn that sucks, I tried to place an order with several Borla dealers over the past 2 weeks with no success - it was always backordered and we'll notify you when it becomes available.

I would've loved to get the "off road use" only version.

Maybe one or two will pop up around here since some were released supposedly.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust Is Out!!!