Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Custom exhaust design based on other after-market products.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 03:20 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO I meant the only person who has the "new non lexus HKS" is HUTCH27 who has a 250.. Sorry for the confusion and for not giving your boy credit.. I thought people would notice his username on youtube..

And after reading what I wrote I can TOTALLY see why you thought that.. oh man sorry lol and I edited my previous posts

Last edited by 07Txlex; 01-12-07 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-12-07, 03:47 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
2nd cats alone or 2nd cats and the resonator like that diagram you have previously posted?
Probably just the 2nd cats. I assume that the resonator is just a straight pass through, which I don't see being very restrictive.
Old 01-12-07, 04:30 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Probably just the 2nd cats. I assume that the resonator is just a straight pass through, which I don't see being very restrictive.
I just remembered that I have a co-worker/friend/supra guy, who does welding. He used to work for a performance shop in the area, so I'll check with him and see what I can do about removing those suckers and dynoing it.
Old 01-12-07, 06:43 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
I just remembered that I have a co-worker/friend/supra guy, who does welding. He used to work for a performance shop in the area, so I'll check with him and see what I can do about removing those suckers and dynoing it.
I would pitch in some &&& on dyno tests.

Of course, I hope that you would monitor IAT, coolant temps, and timing advance via OBDII during the tests as well.
Old 01-12-07, 07:00 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

nice work and thanks for keeping mother nature at mind when modifying.
Old 01-12-07, 07:37 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
NO I meant the only person who has the "new non lexus HKS" is HUTCH27 who has a 250.. Sorry for the confusion and for not giving your boy credit.. I thought people would notice his username on youtube..

And after reading what I wrote I can TOTALLY see why you thought that.. oh man sorry lol and I edited my previous posts
Its cool, well I didnt mean to make drama haha I was just simply stating something.
Old 01-12-07, 07:51 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
nice work and thanks for keeping mother nature at mind when modifying.
It helps if you use the "Quote" button to help us know who you are even taking to. I doubt you are commending this thread in general considering it is about REMOVING the secondary cats.
Old 01-12-07, 11:04 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey guys. I am ready to do this. I'll be the test dummy, but should prolly do a dyno run before I roll to this place here to get a "custom exhaust" done. I am pretty sure you guys know what i mean by custom exhaust. Anyways. Find me a dyno in ft.worth/arlington and i'll dyno my car before. Then next sat I will go and get my custom exhaust done., and dyno again. Does this sound cool to yall? How much is a dyno?

What sucks is that I have less then 2k miles on my car so it's not even broke in yet. Hope the dyno results will work.

Also, should i x-pipe or h-pipe. If i xpipe i need to order like this weekend so I can be ready by next sat. Also sunday I will be able to hit the 1/8th mile track and get both dyno results and some track results.

let me know.

Gernby check your email. I sent you one yesterday.

I am tired of waiting. That borla exhaust looked awesome, but screw it.
Old 01-13-07, 06:40 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Comb, I replied to a couple of your emails on Thursday and Friday, but I get the impression you didn't get them. Any chance your SPAM filter might be catching them?

Shops usually charge $60-$75 for a dyno session (usually 3 pulls). When you find a shop, make sure that their dyno has a wideband oxygen sensor, and take a 3.5" diskette with you to get copies of your dyno run files. You should also get dyno files from any other cars they've tested that might be comparable.
Old 01-13-07, 07:18 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

COMB, we'll start a dyno fund for ya. I think alot of us are tired of waiting around for a guaranteed solution for the exhaust and this sounds like it would be it. Darn BORLA!

**EDIT** Think it's possible to set this up so the rear cats and test pipes can have flanges made so that we can just bolt them on and off as we please for the track? I'll have to take a closer look at this and work with my friend about the possibility. I am a tree hugger in disguise. haha

Last edited by caymandive; 01-13-07 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-13-07, 07:59 AM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think you are going to get better results if you dont X pipe or H pipe and maintain the single pipe-

I really dont agree with spending the extra money for an H pipe or X pipe on our cars- see my previous post for reasons why-

Also keep in mind, you will need to start at the back and work your way forward-

If you just remove the secondary cats, it may get a little louder, but any realy gain is going to be sacrificed by the stock rear mufflers-not saying you wont gain any power- but you will be opening it up again and restricting it back down-

Also can anyone tell me what is internally inside the rear converters?

DO they have metal internals or ceramic?

Is the resonator straight through or not?

If you can give me answers to these questions, I will tell you the most cost effective things to modify first-

For example- a converter with metal internals will be less restrictive then a resonator that is not straight through-

A converter with a metal substrate is worth about 1 hp on our car- if it is ceramic it is worth about 2-3 hp on our car-

If you guys can get me the answers, I can help with what should be replaced first-
Old 01-13-07, 08:42 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey comb funny you mention the dyno place thing.. You ever heard of speedtek? Here's a link to there website, specifically the dyno part. http://www.speedtek.net/speedtek_dyno.html I have a coupon (out of the new yellowbook lmao) for $35.00 for the $65 package listed.. Your more than welcome to it, I wanna go with. Hell maybe we can make use of more people with some of the other packages listed, lemme know
Old 01-13-07, 10:28 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gernby
Comb, I replied to a couple of your emails on Thursday and Friday, but I get the impression you didn't get them. Any chance your SPAM filter might be catching them?

Shops usually charge $60-$75 for a dyno session (usually 3 pulls). When you find a shop, make sure that their dyno has a wideband oxygen sensor, and take a 3.5" diskette with you to get copies of your dyno run files. You should also get dyno files from any other cars they've tested that might be comparable.
gernby i never got them. I will PM you another email addy for me.
Old 01-13-07, 10:29 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
COMB, we'll start a dyno fund for ya. I think alot of us are tired of waiting around for a guaranteed solution for the exhaust and this sounds like it would be it. Darn BORLA!

**EDIT** Think it's possible to set this up so the rear cats and test pipes can have flanges made so that we can just bolt them on and off as we please for the track? I'll have to take a closer look at this and work with my friend about the possibility. I am a tree hugger in disguise. haha
don't worry about it right now. Let me get this baseline one done with just the joeZ on my car. thanks though

Then next week when I go custom I will see about maybe a fund.
Old 01-13-07, 10:31 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Gernby, a little off topic...but that picture of your car on the bottom of the first page. Do you have a freaking lift in your garage at home?? lol

Either way, I want to see your car in person. Seems like you're one of the heavy IS modders in the DFW area. BTW: I'm in north Plano, close to Frisco/Mckinney.

Quick Reply: Custom exhaust design based on other after-market products.