Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best air intake for 2GS GS3

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-07, 04:51 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Best air intake for 2GS GS3

Hi guys, can I get your thoughts on the best air intake for a 2GS GS300? There seems to be many brands (Blitz, K&N, AEM, Injen, RMM, HKS, any others?) and I'm wondering which has best performance. Hope you all can help!
Old 01-15-07, 07:37 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Injen intake and I love it. The polished version looks real nice underneath the hood and it also comes with a polished heat shield. It is a short ram intake so you the throttle response is real nice for city driving, even though it still makes some power on the higher rpms. The sound is really nice too. The only problem I had was putting on the heat shield. Space is limited when reaching for a bolt at the end of the block near the firewall. Also, you need to make sure the shield clears all the O2 sensor wires. Don't let this minor problem make you think twice about the Injen intake because as long as you know this, you shouldn't have problems. I on the other hand, learned from experience.
Old 01-22-07, 10:49 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you didn't bother to search, there are about 1 bazillion threads on this. The search button is located on the right hand side of the little blue bar above the "post reply" button.

Srt is the best way to go if you want to do it right. It comes with a piggyback ecu to alter your fuel delivery in accordance with the increased airflow. Lexus vehicles are HIGHLY sensitive to airflow changes and if you increase the airflow you will be running lean. Besides the fact it is not good for your motor it has the possibility of causing check engine lights. However if you had tried to use the search function you would have found all this out already.
Old 01-23-07, 01:01 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

macd7919, be nice. I did do a search and found out there is a chance the engine lite might pop up. I also found a lot of CL'ers found it pointless to spend 500 dollars on a part that will increase only 5 hp. So I'm debating to get HRE's or Works instead.
Old 01-23-07, 01:09 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not being an *** but the fact is there are literally many many threads asking the exact same question. Btw- The Srt intake will get you closer to 15-20whp. The injen will net you about 5whp and a check engine light as it has no fuel compensation. Search and you shall find