Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: WHICH INTAKE DO YOU HAVE?
LMS
5.76%
K&N
12.71%
FUJITA
13.91%
INJEN
8.39%
JOEZ
18.94%
Don't have an aftermarket intake, but I'll vote!
40.29%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Which Intake Do You Have & Are You Happy w/ It?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-07, 11:45 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed the K&N Typhooon and I love it great sounds and i got rid of all the plastic parts . hehe
Old 04-25-07, 07:26 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club
Forum Moderator

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

The poll should include drop in filters as well. With and without the JOEZ pipe. I just instaled the HKS drop in filter today with my modified stock intake system and JOEZ pipe. Posted a few pics here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278410

PS. I think there are a few members out there that also have their own custom intakes.
Old 04-25-07, 11:15 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm contemplating on whether I should get an SRI later on, and I was wondering if an SRI makes an IS sound different from the outside like an exhaust or something.

Or should I only expect to hear it from the inside?

What are the benefits to having an after-market SRI for the IS? Improved fuel economy?
Old 04-26-07, 09:25 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by joonsta
I'm contemplating on whether I should get an SRI later on, and I was wondering if an SRI makes an IS sound different from the outside like an exhaust or something...
Most definitely yes, it does make a difference in sound. Click here for a video featuring the K&N intake combined with Tanabe exhaust. The sound you hear at the mid-range to higher RPM's is entirely the intake.

Javier
Old 05-05-07, 10:50 AM
LexusBlaze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
It doesn't matter what the ambient temperature is, an increase in intake temp due to the radiator WILL reduce power with all else equal. Of course, there could be other qualities of the intake that could offset the losses due to temps enough to cause a net gain (reduced restriction, better harmonics, etc.).
Well i have the the LMS and i live in South Carolina if you by chance have seen the weather going on here its about mid 80's to high 90's and for sum akward reason my engine temp readings on the dash are reading colder than when the weather was colder..... is that due to the outside temperature regulating with hte amount of cold air pulling in... like is it averaging the cold air with the hotter outside temp to the colder?
Old 05-05-07, 11:02 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusBlaze
Well i have the the LMS and i live in South Carolina if you by chance have seen the weather going on here its about mid 80's to high 90's and for sum akward reason my engine temp readings on the dash are reading colder than when the weather was colder..... is that due to the outside temperature regulating with hte amount of cold air pulling in... like is it averaging the cold air with the hotter outside temp to the colder?
That wouldn't have anything to do with the intake temperature. If your coolant is actually running cooler, then the only thing I could see being the reason would be due to you running the A/C (radiator cooling fans run even when the coolant is not too hot).
Old 05-10-07, 09:59 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Have the Joe Z w/ the HKS drop in filter, love it!

I did remove the carbon filter as well. The filter is VERY restrictive! Throtle response definitely improved after I removed it.
Old 05-10-07, 11:12 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by meteoro
I did remove the carbon filter as well. The filter is VERY restrictive! Throtle response definitely improved after I removed it.
Caymandive just did a dyno with the carbon filter in and out. He actually got more power with it in consistently.
Old 05-11-07, 04:43 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club
Forum Moderator

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by al503
Caymandive just did a dyno with the carbon filter in and out. He actually got more power with it in consistently.
It's true...I couldn't believe it. Power wasn't down much, but it was consistently down by almost 1hp with the carbon filter out. I guess the IS350 likes the extra restriction in the intake. I was really hoping to gain like 2hp with it out. oh well...needless to say the carbon filter is back in place.
Old 05-20-07, 03:51 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,083 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Moving air from one place to another is far from intuitive. I learned this the hard way with high vacuum systems, but the same principles apply to engines. I am not at all surprised the carbon filter is not an impediment.
Old 05-21-07, 05:26 PM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

Stock intake with Blitz filter. At least as fast, and better gas mileage.
Old 05-22-07, 08:09 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

I have the lms. dont like it tried to sell it nobody bought it so i reinstalled it. its louder than my HKS exhaust (non-lexus) at WOT.
Old 05-22-07, 10:12 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I should have my polished JoeZ sometimes this week.

I purchased it because I have read in numerous places that the JoeZ actually gave some extra power. I'm hoping Cayman's car isn't just a freak! No one has really commented on the JoeZ sound, is there much of a sound?
Old 05-22-07, 10:20 AM
pylee257
Lead Lap

no not much of a difference in sound at all
Old 05-22-07, 10:24 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pylee257
no not much of a difference in sound at all
Excellent!

Quick Reply: Which Intake Do You Have & Are You Happy w/ It?