Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Review of HKS exhaust (not Lexus) and TOM'S airfilter

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 07:17 PM
Dalotel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have installed the inner silencers (p/n 3306-RA076) and I have driven the car fairly extensively.
The mid RPM droning is still there. However, it is not as pronounced. It doesn't rattle the interior anymore. The high rpm still sounds good. Basically, the whole noise level throughout the rpm range has been lowered. It has not changed the tone of the exhaust at all. In my opinion the way the exhaust sounds with the inner silencers installed is the way the exhaust should have sounded out of the box.
The installtion of the inner silencers is not a "bolt on" job. You have to either drill a hole in the muffler and line it up with the hole drilled in the silencer (mounting hardware included) or you can tack weld the inner silencers to the inside of the muffler. The inner silencer can be mounted flush with the tip or they can be pushed in a couple of inches. I called HKS and they recommend flush with the tip.

Cheers
Old 02-07-07, 07:50 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalotel
I have installed the inner silencers (p/n 3306-RA076) and I have driven the car fairly extensively.
The mid RPM droning is still there. However, it is not as pronounced. It doesn't rattle the interior anymore. The high rpm still sounds good. Basically, the whole noise level throughout the rpm range has been lowered. It has not changed the tone of the exhaust at all. In my opinion the way the exhaust sounds with the inner silencers installed is the way the exhaust should have sounded out of the box.
The installtion of the inner silencers is not a "bolt on" job. You have to either drill a hole in the muffler and line it up with the hole drilled in the silencer (mounting hardware included) or you can tack weld the inner silencers to the inside of the muffler. The inner silencer can be mounted flush with the tip or they can be pushed in a couple of inches. I called HKS and they recommend flush with the tip.

Cheers
Thank you for the report. I'm disappointed that it didn't get rid of the droning, but I'm REALLY curious about how it will impact power. I imagine that the silencers will reduce power by significantly more than the stock exhaust.