Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Proof Positive for the SRT TC & HFI

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 11:02 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Another Proof Positive for the SRT TC & HFI

I get kidded with a work since I'm a 'contractor', and I drive a Lexus. You know' high dolla', 'fancy', that kind of thing. Well, I got volunteered to drive out to lunch today.

These guys have never ridden in a Lexus before (kinda rural NC), so they're not sure what to expect.

"'So, what do they put in this thing? A six?"

"Nope, it a V8"

"Really? OK. Is it fast?"

"Its sub 6"

"Naw man, cm'om?!"

I give him the abridged version of my GT story from yesterday He seemed doubtful.

By that time, I start up, and they hear the 'Woof'

"I''ll give you a demo here in a minute"

So they're makin fun, you know, rice comments and stuff, and I'm like "It'll burn all the rice you can throw at it buck-o..."

So we get to a U turn, and I do the M-2 manuver - and lay a patch down for about 3 seconds witha huge blue cloud behind me - with 4 guys total in the car!

They hoop and holler and are like "DAMN"! I was kind of surprised myself tyo be quite honest; I wasn't sure if I could do it with that weight in the back.

So a few good-ol-boys in NC have a new found appreciation for the GS. I even heard one of them say he might have to get one for his wife.....
Old 11-09-01, 02:42 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great story!

Dexter - bet that justified a couple hundred bucks worth of the cost of the mods! I'll bet those guys will tell that story to their buddies a few times (leaving out the part where they soiled their shorts)