Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dyno Results Post Safc-ii Tune *+16hp/+42tq*

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 12:53 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion, the car came alive in the mid range area, I took it for a little spin and I left two even patches of rubber more than half way thru the intersection and after that the sob just keeps on pulling like a train,

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
I'd like to know how the butt dyno felt too after dynoing? That's a great imporvement in power! You must definitely feel this mod. I have had my SAFCII sitting for about 6 months because I was unsire if I should even install it, but it look slike I definitely should.
Old 02-06-07, 01:46 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

steve installed my teins and edfc, great guy to deal with.
Old 02-06-07, 05:52 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great numbers man sounds like I'll be getting a SAFCII as well. I already have the ashtry cutout for it. Can we see some pics of your setup man??
Old 02-09-07, 11:05 AM
SR Soarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know if you need me to post up some runs for you. Or email a Jpg of the dyno runs to you.

Steve
Old 02-09-07, 09:22 PM
w_star_001
Driver

wow that's impressive. i might consider getting one.
Old 02-09-07, 09:26 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

nice- cant ask for better than that with minimal mods
Old 03-07-07, 11:55 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS42NV
the only performance mod I had pre-SAFC2 was just the exhaust. It's 2.25" piping to the middle resonator and everything stock from there forward. Pre-tune i'm not sure since he didnt really mention it to me, just said he adjusted the range to 13:1 A/F across the board. I'm around 9-13% correction in high throttle past 3800rpm.

Thanks to Lex*Toy and GILLEXUS for the help on how to get the dyno opened. I was able to convert to jpeg, so here's the before and after run...

In terms of install, gotta ask Lexiss_sc400 since he did all the work. I know the wiring is a little tricky and you cant trust the wiring diagram Apex-i gives.

1st run was done in 3rd...final was done in 5th. Ive got 3 runs in 3rd, and 2 in 5th...please let me know if you want me to post those up as well (separated and/or together)

Thanks for all the compliments guys
Can you post your HP on one side and A/F #'s on the otherside.It would have been better if all the runs were done the same in the same gear. You can get a some different #'s using differnt gears. When I did 3rd vs 4th gear there was not a big difference in rwhp but the TQ varied. from what I remember the rwhp was 5-7 more in 4th gear.

I'm amazed he was able to get any readings below 3000rpm while in 5th. 4th gear for the GS400/430 is the ideal gear to Dyno. but most of the time it is hard to rev the car hard on the dyno w/o it wanting down shift to 3rd. Let alone try it in 5th.
Old 03-07-07, 02:27 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are great gains.
Old 03-09-07, 07:18 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Can you post your HP on one side and A/F #'s on the otherside.It would have been better if all the runs were done the same in the same gear. You can get a some different #'s using differnt gears. When I did 3rd vs 4th gear there was not a big difference in rwhp but the TQ varied. from what I remember the rwhp was 5-7 more in 4th gear.

I'm amazed he was able to get any readings below 3000rpm while in 5th. 4th gear for the GS400/430 is the ideal gear to Dyno. but most of the time it is hard to rev the car hard on the dyno w/o it wanting down shift to 3rd. Let alone try it in 5th.
He has e-shift so he can keep it in 4th and it not down shift.
Old 03-09-07, 08:40 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

E-shift does NOT mean that! If I have my GS400 in E-shift mode (in 4th gear; or any gear for that matter) if I start to roll to a slow speed and then hit the gas my car WILL down shift even though I am in 4th gear on the E-shift. E-shift will ONLY prevent you from shifting to the next higher gear automatically unless you manually upshift via the steering wheel buttons. Forgive me and disregard this if I misunderstood your previous post.
Old 03-14-07, 10:57 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, that is impressive. I think we need to get a nice writeup, with some #s for the SAFC so that some of us that have a hard time finding a shop, can program something in till we can get some shop time. Can anyone post some settings. Thanks.
Old 03-14-07, 06:57 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

it would be very dangerous to self-tune your car based off of somebody else's settings. mine is set to 8%-13% between 3800-6400, however this was all done while being measured to sensors and the such. since it was a relatively cool night when I got it tuned (70 deg), i even got a map set for hot weather so I wont blow my engine.

with weather/humidity and your car itself playing a major role in how the car is eventually tuned, there are just toooo many variables that go into the mix, I would just hold off on self-tuning until you can take it to your tuner of choice.
Old 03-15-07, 05:44 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I see your point. I will need to get a good tuning shop, and probably do it in the summer.
Old 03-15-07, 08:19 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 317 Likes on 195 Posts

Excellent results!

Thanks to Steve for posting up the DIY instructions! I bought an SAFC II last year but never installed it as I cannot find a reputable tuner in my neck of the woods. I should try it myself now....
Old 03-15-07, 08:47 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Excellent results!

Thanks to Steve for posting up the DIY instructions! I bought an SAFC II last year but never installed it as I cannot find a reputable tuner in my neck of the woods. I should try it myself now....
Hameed,

I strongly suggest getting a wideband and street tuning for Lo Throttle. Then when you find someone to tune for you, you can work on Hi throttle.

It is too difficult to do hi-throttle on the streets because you are at 120mph before you know it! You also need 2 people to tune - one to use the SAFC while the other one drives/keeps an eye on your A/F ratio.

Good Luck man,
Jonny

Quick Reply: Dyno Results Post Safc-ii Tune *+16hp/+42tq*