Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is that it? Intake for GS430

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-01, 03:16 PM
RacingAristo

Default Is that it? Intake for GS430

For GS430 owners, in my very limited knowledge, we only have RMM, SRT, RS Akimoto, Weapon R intake available now in the market. Do we have any other option? Injen doesn't have one for GS430 either. Heat shield would be good but I'm not paying $250 for an air box. Any input is appreciated.
Old 11-16-01, 06:57 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well first thing, if you have a limited knoledge then well... most everyone on the board does too! dont underestimate yourself!

Also i know Weapon*R is making an Airbox i dont know if they released one for GS430 yet but i belive it would be less that $250
Old 11-20-01, 01:09 AM
GSracerRY
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Injen Intake

I'm pretty sure the Injen does make an intake for the GS430. It's not a cold air intake though. They have been advertised for quite some time now in the Injen ads and it is also on the Injen website. I ordered one last week and I should have it in a few days. I could be wrong though because Blitz advertised an intake for the GS300 and they never really produced one.
Old 12-13-01, 12:02 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Hey, RA

I guess we should wait a little longer since the GS430 model just came out about a year ago. I know how you feel my brother.... I am waiting for the other goodies as well. I am just not getting any younger!

Hey, would you get a supercharger kit or a turbo kit if you had a choice?

I am surprise that no one has yet come up with any chip upgrade for our Lexus like the Dinon chip to the BMW. What will it take for someone to come up with something.....HELLO!

The desperate one
Old 12-13-01, 01:27 AM
GSracerRY
Pole Position

Default injen intake and parts

well...Injen does indeed make an intake for the gs430. i installed mine 2 weeks ago and i'm pretty happy with it. as far as looking for a chip goes, TOM's makes one but its pretty expensive. if ur deciding between supercharging ur engine or adding a turbo, ur decision should be made fairly easily depending on the model of ur car. if u have a 430, there's not really enough extra space in the engine bay to add a turbo, so the only thing u can really do is add a supercharger. unfortunantly, there doesn't appear to be one out at the moment (atleast to my knowledge). however, i someone hears different please let me know!!!!!
Old 12-13-01, 10:13 AM
dru
Driver

Blitz does make an intake for the GS, except it's for the Aristo in Japan only. Since the engines are different, their intake had to be 'modified' for the US based GS's, which they said that planned on doing, but gave no definitive dates as to when to expect it.

Last edited by dru; 12-13-01 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-13-01, 10:35 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by dru
Blitz does make an intake for the GS, except it's for the Aristo in Japan only. Since the engines are different, their intake had to 'modified' for the US based GS's, which they said that planned on doing, but gave no definitive dates as to when to expect it.

I've had the Blitz intake along with the filter, and unfortunately it's not even close to what we're using here in US. It's nothing more than a small adaptor.
Old 12-13-01, 11:11 AM
RacingAristo

Do you guys know where I can purchase the adaptor for the intake filter?
Old 12-14-01, 11:14 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

RA,
What's wrong with the one that came with the SRT/HFI? Did you loose it? We probably can get one fabricated. I can design it and have one my metal shop vendor build it for us.

Did you see GSraceRY's post in regards to having a mod chip for the car from TOM's? Have you seen it before? just curious
Old 12-14-01, 11:54 PM
guai
Driver School Candidate

Talking Quest kits

ARISTO, I UNDERSTAND YOU'RE GOING BACK TO TW THIS CHRISTMAS AND STOPPING BY AT JP FOR THOSE QUEST BODYKITS. DO YOU HAVE ANY CONNECTION IN JP?? IM ALSO GOING BACK TO TW AND LOVE THOSE BODYKITS BY QUEST. AND WHERE YA LIVE??