Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Oil Drain Line for RMM S/C Kit? SAF-C II?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 03:21 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Drain Line for RMM S/C Kit? SAF-C II?

ok, this tech that works at the toyota dealership is telling me that I DO NOT NEED AN OIL DRAIN LINE? that it's only there "just in case" or some ****? true? false?

Also, the same tech is telling me I shouldn't run the SAF-C II on the car, but then how else am I going to tune? he suggests a manual tune, but I personally want the SAF-C to be on.

Input?

Thanks
Old 03-20-07, 05:24 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

Umm...The only reason I ever took my last car(fully custom built turboed GTI) to the dealer was to laugh at the crap that came out of the Techs mouths there. Id say that I know maybe 4-5 techs at dealers that know any more than what comes out of a bently manual. Yes you want the oil line there, unless your blower unit does not have a port for one. And there is no problem with running your SAF-C at all. Some cars ECUs can be harder to crack, but with enough will power you can get anything to work on a car usually better than OEM.
Old 03-20-07, 05:44 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

do yourself a BIG favor by transporting the car to someone like JPI or whomever is closest to get your car running correctly. the dealer isn't going to know what to do with your car. you could be causing irreparable harm to your car.
Old 03-20-07, 11:53 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

no, it's not at the toyota dealer lol.. the shop that did my install has a toyota tech working for them [currently the one who is working on my car] i've pm'd jpi.. waitin' a response on price quote and eta of gettin' the job finished.
Old 03-21-07, 01:46 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you talking about a separate drain line on the S/C vortec unit. Doesn't the the oil supply line tap in to the engine pan?
Old 03-21-07, 09:53 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

there is a "t" fitting that goes onto the oil level sensor. where are your install directions??? you shouldn't have to tap anything. i don't think your tech knows what he's talking about. he's giving you some bad advice.
Old 03-21-07, 10:20 AM
Eminence
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Not familiar with the RMM kit nor ever knew RMM had a Supercharger kit for the GS but what blower unit does it come with ? It might be a self contained unit where there wouldnt be a need for a return. But if it isn't a self contained unit you will need to run oil feeds and return for the blower.

trbopooh, I don't think you know what you are talking about. I don't think you know enough about force induction to give any advice.

Like I have stated if it isnt a self contained unit there is no need for a feed or return. But if it isn't contained there would be a need for a drill and tap. The supply comes from a t off of the OEM pressure sensor and the return goes into the pan.
Old 03-21-07, 10:58 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the RMM kit.

The blower taps into the oil sensor with a Tee fitting, just like trbopooh said.

Instructions are somewhere, but it would take me a while to find em.

Why would a tech at a Toyota dealership be qualified to comment on a non-OEM installed part? Is he going to put it in writing that he will take responsibility when your bearings burn out on your blower?

If you stick with the original RMM 3.12 pulley (not 100% sure could be a bit larger), then you don't need the SAFC. Any boost beyond that (i.e. smaller pulley) and you could use some type of engine management.
Old 03-21-07, 10:58 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

i don't know what i'm talking about??? do you even own a rmm kit??? am i giving false info??? when you own a rmm kit OR at least read up on what comes with the kit then come back and contribute to this thread. here, let me help you out since I DO OWN a rmm kit. it comes with a vortech v2sq unit that IS NOT SELF CONTAINED. i guess YOU should contact rmm and tell them.

kharizma:

take a look at pearlpower's rmm sc install. read his first post and look at the pic in post #4

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...m+supercharger
Old 03-21-07, 04:54 PM
Eminence
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by trbopooh
i don't know what i'm talking about??? do you even own a rmm kit??? am i giving false info??? when you own a rmm kit OR at least read up on what comes with the kit then come back and contribute to this thread. here, let me help you out since I DO OWN a rmm kit. it comes with a vortech v2sq unit that IS NOT SELF CONTAINED. i guess YOU should contact rmm and tell them.

kharizma:

take a look at pearlpower's rmm sc install. read his first post and look at the pic in post #4

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...m+supercharger

Wow dude, take your head out of your ****. No need to PM me in hope of a faster response, I don't frequent this site as often as you do.

What exactly should I let RMM know? I made it clear I am not familar with the kit, nor do I have one. I am curious to know why is there a feed but not a return? It is not just lack of oil that will blow out bearing, too much oil will also blow it. So where is the excess oil going?

The thread starter said nothing about OIL FEED, he was refering to OIL DRAIN, which would mean OIL RETURN.
Old 03-21-07, 05:17 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

that's right. you don't own a rmm sc kit. why are you even posting in this thread??? read what you're writing. you don't know jack about this kit. if you don't like how rmm set up this kit, let them know. did i resort to any kind of name calling??? pretty easy playing keyboard commando huh??? i pm'd you because i don't want to pollute kharizma's thread if you want to resort to name calling. this isn't my.is.
Old 03-21-07, 05:21 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

kharizma,

my apologies for the garbage in this thread. you should contact eminence because it seems like he knows more about this kit and how to solve your problems. good luck in resolving your issues.

unsubscribed...
Old 03-22-07, 01:23 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

edit - k ^_^

Last edited by Kharizma; 03-22-07 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-22-07, 01:36 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Kharizma, what exactly is wrong with your setup? I've seen you post a few times in regards to your FI setup not working out, but I never read into it in detail. I just finished my turbo setup yesterday and it's running awesome. I tuned it myself with a SAFC NEO and boost and A/F ratios are rock solid so far. If you have some questions feel free to ask. I'm learning as I go and I might be able to help ya.

In regards to eminence, he seems to know his stuff with what he posted in my turbo thread. I think we might all be going a little harsh on new members
Old 03-22-07, 11:09 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

at the moment it just won't idle. i fixed the oil/coolant leaks

we just can't figure out why the car won't idle..

we took off the supercharger belt and the car ran/idled fine. once we put the supercharger belt back on, it didn't do it! lol we're just stumped.. i'm going to try to adjust the throttle body cable at lexus once i get the car back if it doesn't work. but they think that if i get it dyno tuned wit the saf-c it might help the idle, but i'm not sure what to do.

Quick Reply: Oil Drain Line for RMM S/C Kit? SAF-C II?