Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS 350 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07 | 03:45 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Burst32
yea this is getting rediculous, there is no "ON PAPER" results. only claims and speculations
^+1 ...
Old 04-04-07 | 04:19 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

That is exactly it.

There are a couple of reasons why perhaps information hasn't been given. I really believe that the output of the SC is to blame.

If it provided that much power and or "feel" there certainly should be videos or a dyno or something! I don't think a 1/4 mile run will tell us everything. A dyno is where it's at and then that dreaded run from 100 to 130 to see if it still pulls like a train. I'm not saying anything about anyone's purchase but me personally.. I'd have to seem some results. If LMS can tell me or show me results then perhaps I need to contact them.

I am definatley with Gernby.. FI wise the IS is probably a bad platform.
Old 04-04-07 | 06:36 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by newis350
gernby. how much hp at the wheels do you estimate you have added with all the mods?
I would guess at least 15 rwhp peak.
Old 04-04-07 | 07:57 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Yea i have seen 2 video's on youtube with a supercharged IS. It was racing a s2000. I think the first video the IS is just toying with the s2000. The 2nd video he does pull him pretty good, but it doesn't pull like something with a super charger you know? Like I have raced s2000's and pulled from them pretty good. Gernby would know better though since he has had both cars.

Also, I don't know if that s2000 was modded also.

**** though. If i had a ton of money and chit, I would prolly get the SC too. I just don't have ends like that.
Old 04-04-07 | 08:00 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
Yea i have seen 2 video's on youtube with a supercharged IS. It was racing a s2000. I think the first video the IS is just toying with the s2000. The 2nd video he does pull him pretty good, but it doesn't pull like something with a super charger you know? Like I have raced s2000's and pulled from them pretty good. Gernby would know better though since he has had both cars.

Also, I don't know if that s2000 was modded also.

**** though. If i had a ton of money and chit, I would prolly get the SC too. I just don't have ends like that.
Really you'd get the SC?

Hell if I wanted to spend well into the 50s I think I would have got the 335i, that car has got CRAZY potential. Actually, I'd probably be in a Vette, however thats not a suitable DD.

Me personally I'm a Turbo fan.. more than a SC fan. = /
Old 04-04-07 | 12:42 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

You wants pics, here you go. As I stated many times before its hard to see the blower. If you want #'s do a search on RoRo car. I have dyno results but nuttin I can scan and post because I dont have a scanner. If you dont believe me or not I dont care but it does put out 300rwhp and its hella fun to drive.

Old 04-04-07 | 12:49 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

ddquach,

What kind of change in fuel economy did you see after getting the SC? Was the 300 rwhp that you mentioned with or without the LMS exhaust?
Old 04-04-07 | 01:07 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Maybe you can take a picture of the dyno results and upload that we'll forgive you for the fuzzy quality.
Old 04-04-07 | 01:08 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gernby
ddquach,

What kind of change in fuel economy did you see after getting the SC? Was the 300 rwhp that you mentioned with or without the LMS exhaust?
Before the blower I avg about 19mpg and that with the LMS exhaust. Now I avg about 16mpg with the blower and exhaust 300rwhp. Not sure how it is with a stock exhaust, didnt have my car stock very long.
Old 04-04-07 | 01:10 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by duckduck
Maybe you can take a picture of the dyno results and upload that we'll forgive you for the fuzzy quality.
I was thinking about that, just need to find it first. I just hate posting bc people on the boards here likes to talk crap about anything.
Old 04-04-07 | 01:19 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by ddquach
I was thinking about that, just need to find it first. I just hate posting bc people on the boards here likes to talk crap about anything.
Post the dyno there will always be haters and doubters, a lot of people here won't boost their IS anyway.
Old 04-04-07 | 03:33 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

I don't think anyone on this thread is "hating". Everyone is just talking about cost per hp. **** sounds like ddquach has money, why not? I stated i would do the same thing if I had the $$$$.

I think most people want to see dyno/scans/1/4 to justify to them what is worth it and for what gains. That is all.

I respect the hell out of ddquach for having the ***** to put a SC on his ride. i am waiting for someone to put nitrious next.
Old 04-04-07 | 05:15 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

I spoke to LMS today and am making arrangements to see the car. My service advisor and I met today as well, he is pretty excited about this and wants me to do it (well who wouldnt it's not their money right?). I know the cost/per hp seems skewed and there are a lot of pro's and con's. I also get that this is not for everyone and that everyone has an opinion, which is fine (I wanted your input good, bad or indifferent). The challange is that the car is too new and there is not alot out there. This is something that I think (if you're gonna do it) you do while your engine is young. My understanding is the the gain at the wheel is significantly noticable. I also agree that for the money there are other cars with more power and potential, an while I love BMW's the 335i out the door with the same options was more money and the same horse power - The 5 G's plus to me is still a good deal for a car that I like and enjoy to drive.

Keep up your commensts and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Old 04-04-07 | 05:30 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Looking forward to your results and experiences! Keep a diary...... J/K!!!
Old 04-04-07 | 05:58 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

Best of luck!

I want FI so bad, and I prefer turbos myself. I just miss my old Turbo IS300. Less money than the LMS kit and I made about 330rwhp.

Oh, the toys.

SRT has something in the works though!

Quick Reply: IS 350 Supercharger