Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS 350 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 10:11 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please take lots of pictures. I would get it if I had the money.
Old 04-06-07, 10:50 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

i also miss turbo... but NA is also nice~~
Old 04-07-07, 12:08 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So finally we get some input! With the SC the car actually nets at 300 rwhp? Thats great! So you gained roughly 30 to 40 horses depending on your stock dyno. I'm sure it is noticeable! Now we need someone to do NOS and a SC.

Its possible. I'd love to do the NOS route but in my defense this is my only car. Maybe I should go invest in a geo metro so I can get my friends to experiemnt. hehe

Keeps us informed and its awesome you are doing this!
Old 04-08-07, 01:47 AM
rt350
Rookie

problem with taking a pic of the lms sc is, you can't really see anything exciting but the intercooler. i can probably put my car on the dyno and do a video so all of you can hear my supercharger. i changed my blow off to a blitz but it sounds just like the hks did. i don't know if the video will do justice but i will try. soon as the dyno is free next week, i will get it done for the members that are interested. as for hp per dollar, can't look at it like that. it has been reliable for me and worth every penny. a few cars have tried to challenge me and it has ended really fast. people are always looking back, and surprised to see the intercooler. fun toy. expensive, but really fun. eta thurs for the video. i will try my best
Old 04-09-07, 11:09 AM
Supershyguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
That is exactly it.

There are a couple of reasons why perhaps information hasn't been given. I really believe that the output of the SC is to blame.

If it provided that much power and or "feel" there certainly should be videos or a dyno or something! I don't think a 1/4 mile run will tell us everything. A dyno is where it's at and then that dreaded run from 100 to 130 to see if it still pulls like a train. I'm not saying anything about anyone's purchase but me personally.. I'd have to seem some results. If LMS can tell me or show me results then perhaps I need to contact them.

I am definatley with Gernby.. FI wise the IS is probably a bad platform.
I was very interested in this, but I am not willing to pay $5500 on something that doesnt have the dyno results yet
Old 04-10-07, 02:28 PM
rt350
Rookie

At the time, 8/17/06 I had 19x10 lexion 503's on. I did a baseline of around 236.5 whp. It was 75 degrees and 33% humidity. The 19x10's really make a difference. Stock wheels about 255 whp 67 degree 26% humidity. Temp, humidity, and wheel size are a great factor obviously. On August 17th of last year, my car made 293.5 whp with 19x10's. 79 degrees and 37% humidity. Of course the car is not going to run as nice durring the summer at 79 degrees with 37% humidity. I may not be able to post this week since we have cars everyday this week. I will still try. I now have Volk GTS 19x10 in the rear so expect a lower output than those with stock wheels. It is the price you pay for nicer looking shoes. If you look at the numbers, my car changed 57 whp. I could make more if i put the stocks back on but i don't want my stocks on. Feels great. I have the dyno from 8/17 by itself. LMS installed the SC and then I dyno tested when i got it back. I will upload later and post so you can see it. I am not here to sell the LMS SC. Just want to offer feedback from a member that paid full pop for the thing. Yes I wish it was cheaper but I could not wait, had to have it.

Last edited by rt350; 04-10-07 at 03:44 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 04-10-07, 02:32 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rt350
At the time, 8/17/06 I had 19x10 lexion 503's on. I did a baseline of around 236.5 whp. It was 75 degrees and 33% humidity. The 19x10's really make a difference. Stock wheels about 255 whp 67 degree 26% humidity. Temp, humidity, and wheel size are a great factor obviously. On August 17th of last year, my car made 293.5 whp with 19x10's. 79 degrees and 37% humidity. Of course the car is not going to run as nice durring the summer at 79 degrees with 37% humidity. I may not be able to post this week since we have cars everyday this week. I will still try. I now have Volk GTS 19x10 in the rear so expect a lower output than those with stock wheels. It is the prize you pay for nicer looking shoes. If you look at the numbers, my car changed 57 whp. I could make more if i put the stocks back on but i don't want my stocks on. Feels great. I have the dyno from 8/17 by itself. LMS installed the SC and then I dyno tested when i got it back. I will upload later and post so you can see it. I am not here to sell the LMS SC. Just want to offer feedback from a member that paid full pop for the thing. Yes I wish it was cheaper but I could not wait, had to have it.
Were these dyno tests done by an independent dyno shop, or by the shop that installed the SC? Were they all done on the same dyno?
Old 04-10-07, 02:43 PM
rt350
Rookie

Hey Gernby, They were all done at Fujita. I work here so it just makes sense to get the free dyno time. Keep in mind, I don't work for LMS nor do we have any affiliation. If the SC sucked, I would just say it sucked, nothing to lose or gain. It is expensive, no question about that. I want to do the sound clip so the other members can hear it. Everybody I have shown it to are really impressed.
Old 04-10-07, 02:53 PM
RoRo
Driver

Originally Posted by cancellino
.....I also agree that for the money there are other cars with more power and potential, an while I love BMW's the 335i out the door with the same options was more money and the same horse power - The 5 G's plus to me is still a good deal for a car that I like and enjoy to drive.

Keep up your commensts and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
I gotta disagree with you on that one. The 335i has more power stock for stock vs the IS350. It does cost more option for option though, but the stock dyno is showing that the 335i has closer to 350 hp and not the 300 hp they are rating it. The rumor is that BMW is keeping the HP rating lower on the 335i so that it can still sell the current M3's.

And for everyone asking for photos from those of us with supercharged 350s:

The current state of my IS that it does pull much harder then when I had the larger pulley on it. I finally got the correct belt on it and it's running fine. I need to get it into a shop to have it properly tuned though because I took it to the drag strip and I could not beat my times from when it was stock. It just felt like mid-track the power was cutting back or something at the drag strip. I can't and won't be able to explain it until I get the car to a dyno or a shop to get it properly tuned. I know that it is much faster than stock and much faster then when it had the larger pulley on it, but I don't have the times or dyno sheet to show for it as of yet. My last dyno was with the larger pulley and it was 314 at the wheels. My stock dyno was 268 at the wheels.
Old 04-10-07, 02:58 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roro,

Were your trap speeds any higher when you went to the drag strip last?
Old 04-10-07, 03:45 PM
rt350
Rookie

Keep in mind, 10am and already almost 80 degrees in Temecula.

Last edited by rt350; 04-10-07 at 03:50 PM. Reason: additon
Old 04-10-07, 03:51 PM
rt350
Rookie

RoRo, @314 whp, what wheels were on your car? Stock? What kind of dyno.
Old 04-10-07, 07:44 PM
RoRo
Driver

All of the dynos have been at the same place. It is a dynojet and it was done with the 17" drag radials with 5Zigen rims. This is the lightest combo I have, plus it's what I use at the drag strip.

Gernby, I was so frustrated by the end of the night with my times and overall the way the car was performing (or lack thereof) that I think I didn't even save any of my timeslips. I think it was running consistent 102s if i'm not mistaken. The fastest it was NA was 13.1 @ 105
Old 04-10-07, 08:00 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

RORO maybe you just need some alki injection.
Old 04-10-07, 08:12 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Hey Roro keep us posted on your progress... I want to see one of our IS350 in the 12s already. Good work so far.

Quick Reply: IS 350 Supercharger