Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Not the usual intake question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 06:53 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not the usual intake question

I want to get an intake shortly to get some more sound out of the engine. too quiet for my taste, and dont want an exhaust yet.

I know there is no HP difference between all the intakes, and i'm not buying it for HP, i'm buying it for sound.

Has anyone heard the different between the major players? Injen, LMS, Fujita, etc...

Is there a big difference? Which one is considered to have the deepest sound?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-07, 08:31 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I know the LMS has a really good sound, but I would look into the Fujita cause they give you this whole kit which is pretty cool, you get like a duffle bag, NOS energy drink, and a few other stuff. But if you want an overall intake Im going to go with the K&N hands down.
Old 04-05-07, 12:18 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I've heard the LMS, Fujita, K&N, and JoeZ. The K&N is the loudest, but I'm not sure why - maybe it has something to do with the heatshield. You can click here for a video that does a good job of capturing the sound created by the intake above ~4000 RPM.

Javier
Old 04-05-07, 02:31 PM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

go with fujita. love it! sooo loud when i first installed it, but now seem to quiet down a lil.
Old 04-05-07, 06:53 PM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed my Fujita and I love it, great sounding, especially with the Tanabe exhaust. I got the Fujita off of E-bay brand new for $100.00 shipped to my door, the guy had to sell his IS350 due to his family getting bigger (wife was pregnant), so he never even got to install it on his car, before he had to trade it in for an SUV.
Old 04-05-07, 11:04 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscguy
I just installed my Fujita and I love it, great sounding, especially with the Tanabe exhaust. I got the Fujita off of E-bay brand new for $100.00 shipped to my door, the guy had to sell his IS350 due to his family getting bigger (wife was pregnant), so he never even got to install it on his car, before he had to trade it in for an SUV.
Good combo. Definitely recommend it.
Old 04-06-07, 09:21 AM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Andoskyy
I want to get an intake shortly to get some more sound out of the engine. too quiet for my taste, and dont want an exhaust yet.

I know there is no HP difference between all the intakes, and i'm not buying it for HP, i'm buying it for sound.

Has anyone heard the different between the major players? Injen, LMS, Fujita, etc...

Is there a big difference? Which one is considered to have the deepest sound?

Thanks in advance!
All of your responses will be "I bought X brand intake, it sounds good to me, I've never heard any others, but I guarantee that you'll like mine the mostest and you should go out and get one too. Oh yeah, I do feel a performance increase."

Trending Topics

Old 04-06-07, 09:59 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by linh811
All of your responses will be "I bought X brand intake, it sounds good to me, I've never heard any others, but I guarantee that you'll like mine the mostest and you should go out and get one too. Oh yeah, I do feel a performance increase."
You might want to re-read my post above...

Javier
Old 04-06-07, 03:52 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Javy,

Did you hear all those intakes in person? Any chance you heard them anywhere close to the same time?

I would expect the Injen to have the biggest difference in sound out of the SRIs.

EDIT: I meant that the Injen would be the most different from the other SRIs.
Old 04-06-07, 05:31 PM
pylee257
Lead Lap

i have the LMS intake. i love the sound but im thinking about switching over with the K&N just because of the heat shield
Old 04-06-07, 06:35 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pylee257
i have the LMS intake. i love the sound but im thinking about switching over with the K&N just because of the heat shield
Don't waste your money! The heat shield couldn't make a significant difference in power since it is not really sealed, and still draws plenty of air from the engine compartment.
Old 04-06-07, 07:39 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by Gernby
Javy,

Did you hear all those intakes in person? Any chance you heard them anywhere close to the same time?

I would expect the Injen to have the biggest difference in sound out of the SRIs.

EDIT: I meant that the Injen would be the most different from the other SRIs.
The Injen is the only one of the 'major' intakes for the 2IS I haven't heard - I haven't come across anyone with one installed.

Javier
Old 04-11-07, 12:32 AM
pylee257
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gernby
Don't waste your money! The heat shield couldn't make a significant difference in power since it is not really sealed, and still draws plenty of air from the engine compartment.
well then how is your set up working out for you? i do know that the air dam is directing cooler air into the motor due to the air box and that the high flow filter from k&n is also better im just wondering what my best options are
Old 04-11-07, 08:00 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pylee257
well then how is your set up working out for you? i do know that the air dam is directing cooler air into the motor due to the air box and that the high flow filter from k&n is also better im just wondering what my best options are
I would say my setup is working great considering my 1/4 mile times.
Old 04-11-07, 10:37 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Where can I purchase a JoeZ intake pipe?

Quick Reply: Not the usual intake question