Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07, 08:14 AM
bouncintig
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey just wondering, what drive shaft are you using? is it a custom set up? got any specs? thanks
Old 06-06-07, 06:51 PM
SGMh
Rookie

any updates????
Old 06-07-07, 05:37 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

No progress, plans are to finish it up over the summer, not really sweating as things like this just take time and money, ther is no doubt in my mind it will work as the worst part is over (fitment) the rest is just nuts and bolts.
Old 06-07-07, 11:52 AM
SCmist
Rookie

what are you doing for the pedals?
Old 09-20-07, 06:49 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any updates?
Old 09-20-07, 07:10 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

That first pic is really cool.
Old 09-21-07, 07:38 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

no updates I take it. I did a search and the only other manual conversion I found was a white GS300 with its interior gauges gutted out. My car should be finished up in 3-4 weeks, I have a electrical engineer from NASA doing the conversion / wiring so hopefully everything works like stock when its done.
Old 09-21-07, 09:16 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adamgamz
I have a electrical engineer from NASA doing the conversion / wiring so hopefully everything works like stock when its done.
Hopefully the engineer just happens to be a friend, cause you certainly dont need that much engineering behind a swap
Old 09-21-07, 10:02 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twojayzee
Hopefully the engineer just happens to be a friend, cause you certainly dont need that much engineering behind a swap
Based on the fact that there has only been one guy to pull the swap off and take a look at the gauges here... I need someone who can figure out how to make all the gauges work like factory.
Old 09-21-07, 10:09 AM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on the fact that there has only been one guy to pull the swap off and take a look at the gauges here... I need someone who can figure out how to make all the gauges work like factory.
Haha I think that's Neang's car (I think that's how you spell his name). I was at that meet. I was gonna ask you if it's his car, and then I saw the filename is "GSP" (Garden State Parkway).

He also owns a Supra with HKS 2835's I think.
Old 09-21-07, 11:11 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Based on the fact that there has only been one guy to pull the swap off and take a look at the gauges here... I need someone who can figure out how to make all the gauges work like factory
I may be confused then. Are you just doing a 2jz swap with a v160 ? If so, I could see some minor complications if you did a standalone, but even then... minimal.
The tach lead would go to either a signal converter or a tach lead off the coil. The speedo would still be hooked to the tailshaft sensor. Oil press,water temp, reverse lights...
ABS and SRS have their own sensors and ecu.
All you would have to do is cross reference the sensors and data from the 6spd jdm or usdm harness to the usdm or jdm GS harness.
Ive done quite a few swaps with motors that didnt belong in the cars so maybe im looking at it too simply. Please let me know what im missing.
Old 09-21-07, 11:21 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

I see from looking at your profile that you have a 94 GS300, totally different car, the newer GS300 and IS300 have the newer multilink ECU, with your car and the older Supras it was cake to get the gauges working again as you could simply instal a MSD tach adapter and you are all set to go, The newer GS300's are a different animal all together. Back when I owned my Supra shop/dyno center I did many swaps as well, if we had a cel on we could just install a resistor and defeat it, cake... That car uses analog signals, the newer GS / IS are all digital. I don't know whats going to need to be done, but the guy who is the engineer has a shop on the side so if anyone can pull it off he can.
Old 09-21-07, 11:33 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

^true. I take back what I said. Glad you have an engineer on your side. School me if you would.

So is the problem, using the older analog Jza80 ecu into a car with digital gauges ? Are the gauges the only things that wont work ? Ive seen a few IS swaps with supra motors and 6spds that use the factory clusters. Are those cars analog as well ?

And to my knowledge most of my swaps were analog. Tons of honda, saturn, neon and toyota motor swaps into cars, 4x4s and buggys. My crustang 5.0 into my 4runner. But we did do a RX8 Renesis into a rail.
Old 09-21-07, 06:42 PM
kit cat

too bad our GSs didn't come with 2JZGTE from the get go. Look how clean this is. I'm looking for a V160 or R134 swap in a year once I'm done with school so I'll let you guys know if I do find something from the JDM land. Anywho, this particular one has a R134 with T78 making 600hp!

and found a shop in kanagawa that might be able to do. I might give them a ring and ask details.
http://www.arp-net.co.jp/index.htm
Attached Thumbnails Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries-r134-aristo.jpg  
Old 09-21-07, 07:59 PM
j0xxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think there was someone else that replaced there guages with a digital set im pretty sure i saw it on cl somewheres any forum mod's know where it is?

Quick Reply: Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries