Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-07, 05:49 AM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he replaced it with a stack gauge cluster from sard. it was on ebay for sale but wasnt a six speed.
Old 09-24-07, 07:47 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

No updates, kinda have a New Years resultion to finish it, it getting tougher as we have been bussier than ever at Grip. Adam im not sure why you would need help with the wiring for just a manual swap as the auto is even more complicated.
Old 09-24-07, 09:10 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
No updates, kinda have a New Years resultion to finish it, it getting tougher as we have been bussier than ever at Grip. Adam im not sure why you would need help with the wiring for just a manual swap as the auto is even more complicated.
I'm having Rick of Speedtech install my Haltech and do the 5 speed swap. I don't think he'll need any help with the wiring. I just wanted to give Rick the most information available to me when he starts the swap. Right now he is finishing up my brothers IS300 Electromotive, it was a mess from Peter Farrell and Extreme Turbo. Rick is getting the ECU rewired, tuned and completed. Once that is done he will be starting my car. I gave Rick the wiring diagrams from my ALLDATA so I think he will be good with the GS300.

Have you seen that 8 second 240Z? Zgad is the guys name, he turned me onto Rick. It's just a part time shop right now as he's full time working on the Space Shuttle, but once he retires the shop will be a full time gig.
Old 09-25-07, 08:27 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
too bad our GSs didn't come with 2JZGTE from the get go. Look how clean this is. I'm looking for a V160 or R134 swap in a year once I'm done with school so I'll let you guys know if I do find something from the JDM land. Anywho, this particular one has a R134 with T78 making 600hp!

and found a shop in kanagawa that might be able to do. I might give them a ring and ask details.
http://www.arp-net.co.jp/index.htm
wow that guy did a great job with that center console.

Like I said I'm not sure what problems I'm going to run into after converting to 5 speed, there is not much information on the web in reguards to a manual gs30 swap. The only car I've seen completed had replaced all the interior guages, why is that?
Old 09-25-07, 08:54 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice! I want a manual swap now...gotta save some coins and find a shop to do it!
Old 09-25-07, 09:12 AM
Lexamatic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
too bad our GSs didn't come with 2JZGTE from the get go. Look how clean this is. I'm looking for a V160 or R134 swap in a year once I'm done with school so I'll let you guys know if I do find something from the JDM land. Anywho, this particular one has a R134 with T78 making 600hp!

and found a shop in kanagawa that might be able to do. I might give them a ring and ask details.
http://www.arp-net.co.jp/index.htm
Nihon jin, yokudekimasu ;-) Coco-bun, Let me know where that shop is if you find out. I'd like to stop by there next time Im over there. It can't be too far from Fujisawa.
Old 10-04-07, 11:20 PM
Jrezo
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my favorite part is the custom hand break>>>>>>>>>>
Old 10-26-07, 09:17 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Hey Rob, any updates on this? My car is still sitting waiting for the swap, I have all the parts in now. Hopefully I'll have the GS back in the next month.
Old 10-26-07, 09:45 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

What do you need to Know?
Old 10-26-07, 10:27 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

don't need to know anything so far, my car is just sitting on the back burner right now, just looking forward to seeing how this car turns out is all. I've never seen a manual gs300 before, I would like to stop in and check it out when its done.

Adam
Old 10-27-07, 02:15 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Lexamatic
Nihon jin, yokudekimasu ;-) Coco-bun, Let me know where that shop is if you find out. I'd like to stop by there next time Im over there. It can't be too far from Fujisawa.
from the address, doesn't seem too far. I lived in Tokyo so i'm not too familiar with 'hama but it's in Tsudsuki-ku. Summit Racing is the one who did the first MT 16 so I might try contacting them.
Old 11-01-07, 08:27 AM
rubhamusan
Driver School Candidate

Hey all newb here. I was looking into a 5 speed swap and gave up cause of the clutch master. There is no room. RHD is easy no angled firewall on the LH side of the brake booster. I am selling my gs for a sc cause of this.
So what did you do? I may keep the car if I can resolve this issue.

I have everything for a 1j swap. I got sc300 pedal assy's.

Please give me some insight. Please!

Scott
Old 11-01-07, 08:52 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubhamusan
Hey all newb here. I was looking into a 5 speed swap and gave up cause of the clutch master. There is no room. RHD is easy no angled firewall on the LH side of the brake booster. I am selling my gs for a sc cause of this.
So what did you do? I may keep the car if I can resolve this issue.

I have everything for a 1j swap. I got sc300 pedal assy's.

Please give me some insight. Please!

Scott
AFAIK you'll have to use a remote resivoir type MC. The two GS's ive seen had the stand alone wilwood setups
Old 11-10-07, 08:58 AM
1fastlex
Driver

hi all, i'm a newbie here....i've also been planning to do a manual swap on my 99 gs300 and the only hurdle to overcome was the pedal setup so my thoughts were to do a remote reservoir pedal set from tilton or wilwood but havent found anyone local to me that can install it (factory like) but the original poster of this thread is way ahead of the game,cant wait to see the overall outcome of this project.................
Old 11-30-07, 07:54 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Hey Rick, I've decided to install a 2JZGTE into my car and would like you to do it for me, I sent you a email. Please let me know how you are looking over there...

Adam

Quick Reply: Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries