Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 03:54 PM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump.. Are there any updates? I am very interested about this swap idea. I am concerned about the pedal as well. It looks like there are NO major things that need to be done. The tunnel does not need to be modified. I have a GS4 so I Would need the adapter. It seems like everyone is "doing" / "done" but the lack of pictures proves otherwise. IMO.

Please post your pics...

Thanks,

BP
Old 01-07-08, 06:56 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll post up in the coming weeks, this is a big project, I'm doing much more than just the tranny. Pulled the motor, sent the head out to the machine shop to machine fit the GTE cams to get rid of the VVTI. Also wiring up a Haltech now and adding a 2nd pump and 1000cc injectors, also I'm doing a custom GTE style intake manifold with a Q45 TB... along with a host of other goodies, electronic boost controller, meth injection, wiring up the wideband into the haltech, custom driveshaft, TRD LSD, Coil overs too... big project.

EDIT Woops... I didn't realize this was Ricks thread, I thought I was replying to you on the other one we were posting on, anyway thats my situation... I'm heading to Vail for a week, I hope to have this wrapped up by February.

Last edited by adamgamz; 01-07-08 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-08-08, 01:41 AM
SP GS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotparts?
he replaced it with a stack gauge cluster from sard. it was on ebay for sale but wasnt a six speed.
The car you are referring to used to be equipped with the getrag 6 speed and was done by SPE. The current owner I believe switch it have back to auto, th350 with a gear vendor over/underdrive unit. And yes it is a 6 speed, each of the 3 gears has an overdrive which = 6
Old 01-08-08, 07:40 AM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adamgamz
I'll post up in the coming weeks, this is a big
EDIT Woops... I didn't realize this was Ricks thread, I thought I was replying to you on the other one we were posting on, anyway thats my situation... I'm heading to Vail for a week, I hope to have this wrapped up by February.
Can you start your own thread about this. I think it is very worthy of its own thread. I know you have your own camera and your shop is awesome. I think that you could really start something with the GS community in changing to a manual.

BP
Old 01-09-08, 02:55 PM
Domsgs430
Driver School Candidate

I love it, I can't wait to do mine it'll be a few years.
Old 01-12-08, 10:14 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

wow sick i want to do this now...
Old 03-20-08, 07:15 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Its back, nothing much has changed but its back in motion. The engineset is coming out one more time to perfect its position and installing a clutch master. Every thing is in the ball park and its kind of where we left off last year. Mocked a few more things up. center console/shifter and radiator. Were going to move the shifter forward a little just to sweeten the deal.

Since every thing is where it needs to be Pete is getting a jump-start on the wiring. this process will make it plug n play buy altering the engines wiring harness and leaving the car harness un molested.

More to come
Old 03-20-08, 11:41 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

looking good!
Old 03-21-08, 12:39 AM
kit cat

damn....that's a wiring nightmare for me. can't wait to see the done product though!
Old 03-31-08, 07:01 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

The wiring is finished

Gave the motorset a cleaning and shortened the shifter a tad for fitment.

washed up the engine bay. looks like the paint in the enginebay will shine up. Gotta love the black on black

treated the outside to a bath also

waiting on a clutch pedal and clutch master. in the mean time on to the fuel system. making a 2 pump hanger and dual lines, since you have to get creative with one pump and a line anyhow with the returnless set up in these cars may as well double it up while your there.

Old 04-07-08, 02:39 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

Any updates??
Old 04-15-08, 08:26 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

that engine harness (3rd from the bottom pic) looks brand new, very nice. Did you install a new GTE Supra harness? Looking good! Rick an I were talking about installing a gte in my car, we were going to leave the GE harness in there for the most part and just hook up the Haltech harness to run the motor. I decided to save a few bucks and just stick to the GE motor with TT internals.
Old 04-23-08, 12:53 AM
dynodave
Driver School Candidate

Nice work.
Old 04-25-08, 04:18 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

update got the pedals worked out........

Im using the clutch pedal from an IS300 and reworked the stock brake and pedal purch to match the clutch then ordered a another IS300 pedal cover. Dont mind the Go pedal as it melted when the shop light was resting on it. Im looking at the 300 gas pedal for replacement.

got the supra master cylinder bolted up and clutch line ran. There is also my new fuel lines poking out.

Im looking at next week for the final instal should be pretty sweet after tweeking the engine placement and shifter location it will fit like a glove.
Old 04-27-08, 08:15 PM
nobody
Rookie

cant wait to see how it turns out

Quick Reply: Its ON six speed swap and all = Grip Industries