Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-07, 01:40 PM
jxd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NA-T Questions

I know a bit about turbos, but not much about the GS. I was just wondering what everybody found they ended up having to buy for the GS?

Not that I am gonna do this any time soon, but, I'm expecting to start off with the bolt ons (turbo/bov/ic/piping/downpipe), an peak/hold EGT, boost guage, electronic boost controller (maybe a cheap profec-b), e-manage, upped' pump and injectors and a thicker head gasket. Is there anything else I really need aside from a free flowing exhaust? Also, what are the injectors you'd recommend for this? My delsol has tiny 440cc injectors and they seemed to max out around 330whp, granted I only had 4 of them, would u recommend say 800ccpm down-controlled by the emanage? Also, I had a custom downpipe made 2.5" on the delsol cuz the greddy one was puny, how big would it need to be for a big engine like the 2JZ-GE? Thanks!

Just curious what you guys have found effective and what to expect. Everything on my delsol is greddy so i'm not sure what cheaper/better options there are. Thanks!
Old 04-17-07, 04:22 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

The GS is going to cost a lot more money and take a lot more work to boost than a Honda. The emanage can control 440cc injectors pretty well, 550cc if tuned correctly but any higher than that and you're going to have idling problems. I'm running a custom 3" downpipe on my car. I think I sent you that list of the parts I bought for my car. That should be a good reference on where to start if you decide to piece together your own kit.
Old 04-18-07, 09:52 AM
jxd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeff

Thanks~~ I thought emanage could idle 800 but I haven't looked at the new emanage info in detail and this isnt really important anyways. I'll look at your list in more detail before asking further Qs, thx
Old 04-20-07, 10:55 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jxd
Thanks~~ I thought emanage could idle 800 but I haven't looked at the new emanage info in detail and this isnt really important anyways. I'll look at your list in more detail before asking further Qs, thx
I have heard the emanage can handle 1.5 times the stock size. That said I have heard people in the uk that use the blue to idle 800's
Im going to try to blue with my 780's
Old 04-20-07, 10:56 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jxd
I have heard the emanage can handle 1.5 times the stock size. That said I have heard people in the uk that use the blue to idle 800's
Im going to try to blue with my 780's

And tell us your power goals to help you better