Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Any Updates On The "Revised" S&S Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 09:24 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexizm
Well the first step in done...I have my dyno numbers for my basline. Here's the thread I posted about it: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&goto=newpost
. Anyway my numbers are 248 rwhp and 253 torque. Next week the plan is for me to install the headers and do another dyno run. I'll post the results once that is completed. Stay tuned.
Well, those are very good baseline numbers. I am uncertain if yours is just an unusually strong factory car or the dyno is optimistic.

Here is a consideration that all should keep in mind. The camshafts on these engines are VERY mild. This limits peak power regardless of modifications. I cannot see any more than 35rwhp more with really any bolt ons IF that. That would be 283rwhp! Possibly with some actual port and valve job optimization. So, regardless of intake or headers there is a limit to the peak output these cams will support. That said look to mid range torque as a good indication of improvement in both performance and that all important FEEL.

Also, if you could dyno with just headers and then intake that would be good info. Does the Akimoto require an ECU mod?

Keep us all posted.
Old 08-27-07, 07:49 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrady
Well, those are very good baseline numbers. I am uncertain if yours is just an unusually strong factory car or the dyno is optimistic.

Here is a consideration that all should keep in mind. The camshafts on these engines are VERY mild. This limits peak power regardless of modifications. I cannot see any more than 35rwhp more with really any bolt ons IF that. That would be 283rwhp! Possibly with some actual port and valve job optimization. So, regardless of intake or headers there is a limit to the peak output these cams will support. That said look to mid range torque as a good indication of improvement in both performance and that all important FEEL.

Also, if you could dyno with just headers and then intake that would be good info. Does the Akimoto require an ECU mod?

Keep us all posted.
I was planning on dynoing the car at each stage. So with that said when I dyno the car, it won't have the air intake installed. Regarding the Akimoto intake/ecu, it won't require an ecu modification. It should just be pnp like the K&N's or Injens.

I'm keeping my expectations realistic for the header numbers. I'm aware that it's not going to be anything major like 35+hp; I'm hoping for something from 15 - 24 increase. I had headers on my other cars before so I know what to expect as far as the feel in released hp. The days are counting down.
Old 09-17-07, 06:25 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Getting the headers installed tomorrow and then I will dyno the car this weekend hopefully.
Old 09-17-07, 06:44 PM
dcz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

well i am considering installing an exhaust, SRT intake w/ ECU, and headers. I would like to know the total WHP gain when all is said and done, so keep us posted. Also, Is the SRT intake combo worth it? I keep hearing mixed stories.
Old 09-18-07, 08:00 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone has their own experience and opinions. My experience prompts me to pass on the SRT. I must say it sounds good as you want it to for real.
Old 09-18-07, 10:27 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dcz
well i am considering installing an exhaust, SRT intake w/ ECU, and headers. I would like to know the total WHP gain when all is said and done, so keep us posted. Also, Is the SRT intake combo worth it? I keep hearing mixed stories.
there is a member that got better results with headers minus the SRT. IMO, SRT might be good on it's own without other mods also, people say they feel most of there gains on the top end, but then again there are some that claim no performance gains and for the price SRT goes for people might go with other intakes.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 09-23-07 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-22-07, 06:24 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Got my headers installed yesterday. I can say that I can feel the difference from off the bat. Granted, it's not a throw your head back mod, but you can feel the additional performance. I will dyno the car later this week. Oh, yet, the hardware that comes with the kit is not going to work at all.