Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust do you CURRENTLY own?
Borla (Street version)
2.92%
Borla (Off Road Version)
2.04%
Greddy SP2
6.71%
Lexus HKS Dual Sport
13.99%
HKS Hi-Power
21.87%
Tanabe Medalion Touring
45.48%
LMS
3.21%
Megan Racing
3.79%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Poll, (Exhaust owners please leave input on your exhaust here!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-09, 09:19 AM
Tommyboy72
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus IS350
Which Exhaust:Tanabe Medallion Touring
Dyno: No
Did you feel any Hp/Tq difference? No.

I've only had it two days but I believe this will just be too quiet though its somewhat close to what I want. I didn't want a loud car so I planned to do the Tanabe and add a Megan Midpipe if I wanted just a little more volume and no drone. I will be adding the midpipe.

The Tanabe does drone a little, but its not as bad as other exhaust I've experienced on other cars such as Borla systems. Its only in the 2-3k RPM range under heavy load and its not that bad at all but it is there. Despite this I would recommend this exhaust to anyone. Installation is 10-20 minutes depending on your skill level, and everything is top notch quality.
Old 07-25-09, 07:14 AM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

how about comparing Tanabe Medallion Touaring with Jun Twin Hyper Muffler? Jun Tw will definitely boost up the performance a bit but comparing the "silent", which one have the more silent sound? Jun Tw have the stock look though.
Old 07-25-09, 07:39 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

you're really comparing apples to oranges, since the jun-tw twin hyper muffler system looks like a cat-back system while the tanabe medallion touring is an axleback system.
Old 07-26-09, 12:02 AM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

hmm...im not familiar with those terms..can you briefly explain to me whats the diff. between cat-back and axle-back system?
Old 07-26-09, 06:08 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What about F-Sport? Shouldn't it be added to the poll?
Old 07-27-09, 01:04 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ijulmimi
hmm...im not familiar with those terms..can you briefly explain to me whats the diff. between cat-back and axle-back system?
cat-back system = replacement for OEM exhaust system from the catalytic converter on. think mid-pipe + axleback system.

axle-back system = replacement for OEM exhaust system from the rear axle on; no mid-pipe.

Originally Posted by quang
What about F-Sport? Shouldn't it be added to the poll?
this thread was started on june 26, 2007 - prior to the release of the f-sport exhaust system.
Old 07-27-09, 04:32 AM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

wow. that was a brief and clear explanation between those two hehe thanks projectdna.
so here's my opinion, both are quiet/silent but if you want cheap, go for Tanabe and if you want performance, go for Jun. Correct me if I'm wrong basically i'm looking for the one that is almost similar sound as OEM exhaust hehe
Old 07-27-09, 06:42 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ijulmimi
wow. that was a brief and clear explanation between those two hehe thanks projectdna.
so here's my opinion, both are quiet/silent but if you want cheap, go for Tanabe and if you want performance, go for Jun. Correct me if I'm wrong basically i'm looking for the one that is almost similar sound as OEM exhaust hehe
If by 'performance' you mean an extra 2-3 horsepower, than yeah.
Old 07-30-09, 06:15 PM
homerjay42
Rookie

Lexus IS350
Which Exhaust:Tanabe Medallion Touring
Dyno: No
Did you feel any Hp/Tq difference? Not really..

I just added this exhaust earlier this evening and I love the sound. It gives the car sportier sound without going overboard.
Old 11-21-12, 08:30 AM
Lexusjsis
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking for an HKS exhaust, im from quebec canada, i got this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HKS-HI-POWER...ssories&vxp=mt
is it the price good or should i check more cause its possible to get it at less cost?!
Old 11-21-12, 04:34 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusjsis
I'm looking for an HKS exhaust, im from quebec canada, i got this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HKS-HI-POWER...ssories&vxp=mt
is it the price good or should i check more cause its possible to get it at less cost?!
Check with our vendors, their prices will be cheaper
Old 11-25-12, 04:13 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried making offers to this same seller about a year ago when I was shopping for my exhaust. Each offer was declined without a counter offer. I finally moved on. At that time, the HKS was out of stock most places and was on back order. After having a couple of my "purchases" cancelled and refunded due to the exhaust not being available. I bought the Tanabe from a CL vendor for around $700 and love it with the Invidia mid pipes.
Old 11-25-12, 06:51 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus IS250/IS250 AWD/IS350?

2007 IS 250 AWD

Which Exhaust:

Tanabe Medallion Touring

Dyno:

No

Did you feel any Hp/Tq difference, if yes, how much/where in the powerband, etc?

Yes, very negligible though. It seems to add a little torque in the low to mid-range of the RPM powerband and a little more power in the higher RPM powerband.

Comments on your exhaust:

I thought not spending the money on the F-Sport (HKS) exhaust was a mistake, but I couldn't been more wrong. I spent a good deal of time listening to videos of so many exhausts and other driver's setups to make sure I got what I wanted (I actually watched caymandive's videos of his exhaust). The Tanabe MT sounds great with a good deep note that does not drone at any RPM and sounds great when the car is pushed aggressively. All and all, a great exhaust.
Old 12-18-12, 01:43 PM
kennyv
Driver School Candidate

Lexus IS250/IS250 AWD/IS350?

2011 IS 350

Which Exhaust:

Tanabe Medallion Touring

Dyno:

No

Did you feel any Hp/Tq difference, if yes, how much/where in the powerband, etc?

Only had it on for two days. So far I haven't noticed any power differences.

Comments on your exhaust:

This is just the mellow sound I was looking for. A little deep drone (very little, but my wife noticed it!) when under load but while cruising you can barely tell it's there. A great exhaust.
Old 01-21-13, 01:41 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

just a lil review, So i been thru a couple exhaust system in the past 2 years, Tanabe, HKS, and greddy. I installed the Megan over the weekend and was very impressed. Before i got the Megan, greddy had my vote for number one but now i'm going say its now #2. Megan got my vote for best axle back so far, only voting on what i have tested.....

Quick Reply: Exhaust Poll, (Exhaust owners please leave input on your exhaust here!!)