Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

greddy bcc help anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 06:12 PM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy bcc help anyone?

attempting to put a greddy bcc in my car but i need to know if anyone here on the forum knows which wire on the ecu is the TPS (turbo pressur sensor) wire that i need to splice? i know where to put the power and ground. just need that last wire.
Old 06-27-07, 06:52 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gotparts?
attempting to put a greddy bcc in my car but i need to know if anyone here on the forum knows which wire on the ecu is the TPS (turbo pressur sensor) wire that i need to splice? i know where to put the power and ground. just need that last wire.
Actually TPS is the throttle position sensor. The pressure sensor for the turbo is called the MAP sensor.
Old 06-27-07, 07:40 PM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

hm.....weird cause they are tellin me to cut the turbo pressure sensor wire in half and run it to the bcc. so hence they use the tps abbreviation

Make sure you have the right terminal layout as there appears to be two different types - the one on this post is correct to mine. I've made sure by tracing the wires from the Turbo Pressures Sensor itself. To find this go slightly to left of ECU box, follow the large intake plastic tube backwards which joins the cast manifold. Follow this about half way back and the turbo sensor is the three wire device on the left. The middle wire (which on mine is black/yellow) is the senor Output you need. You need to cut this (either at the sensor or in the ECU and fit the Greddy device in between (white wire to sensor end, green wire to ECU end). The red and black wire on the Greddy device goes to +ve and -ve connection of a suitable power source (which I'm doing via a fuse).
Old 06-29-07, 06:27 AM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

installed last night finally. got me a voltmeter and back traced the turbo pressure sensor wire to the ecu. put power to the bcc and set it at 4.1 volts. put everything in and bolted the ecu cover. started her up, set boost @ 18psi and took a run. damn good difference.